Jubilee Court - Chula Vista, CA

My mother's stay in Jubilee Court

My mother was a resident at Jubilee Court for a little over 2 yrs. I was very pleased with the home environment and close personal attention she received as a resident. My mother had stayed at another assisted living home previously, that was much larger...much less personal.. and felt very clinical and cold. With Exquisite Care Inc, I felt she was in a home with people that really cared, and much to my surprise it was at a more reasonably priced. I would suggest looking into it as an option for your loved ones care.

Home away from home

Having been here for the past 18 months, I want to let others know what a great experience its been. This is the first time I gave the residential homes a try and I say that it was a surprise how great the care is. My caregiver [Removed] has been an angel, always willing to help, listen to me, and give me the care that was looking for. Jubilee Court has become my home away from home.

Do not believe everything you hear

This was not a very good care home for mom. They told us upfront about the type of care mom would be receiving, however when mom moved in they did not follow through on anything. They do not have awake staff during the night. They did not take care of her personnel needs and did not want to answer our questions. The home was not very clean and they did not take very good care of mom.

Stay away from this house

[Removed] and I talked about many things, three times I visited, before I took mom here. She said that diapers will be changed 24 hours a day if needed. There would be a commode next to the bed and help provided to get on and off 24 hours a day. After mom moved in she said, OH NO! No commode in the room. OH NO! No care at all 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. we sleep here. My cousins visited mom on a Sunday. She started throwing up on the food and they were immediately escorted out the door at 5:30. Visiting hours are over! They end at 6 p.m.
This [Removed] turned out to be a jerk after collecting the check. We got the stink eye. At 5 a.m. I yanked the check and took my mom and her soaking wet diaper that she layed in all night out of there. Her roommate was frightened the first month, but said she got used to it and had no choice.

Not a Respectful Home

My friend experience here at this home was very bad. I feel the way he was treated was very wrong. The owner of this home kicked him out. He got aggressive with one of the care giver's. Once that happen she said he can not return. She didn't even give him a thirty day notice, which she had to do by law. I feel he could had been treated with a more respect.

Although the person that showed me around the home was very nice, the home didn't feel very homey to me. The bedrooms were sparsely decorated and very clinical. The original price estimate was $2000-2850, but when I told her that my mom has Alzheimer's the price went up to $4000 a month. Very over priced in my opinion. I continued looking and found a great home for my mom elsewhere!

We didn't see much about activities b...

We didn't see much about activities because my mom wasn't able to do anything. She was only able to eat and go back to bed. She was only there for a short time; she wasn't doing well.

They seemed to be very caring people; very interested in their welfare.

Her medications and other care were always administered when they were supposed to be.

We didn't have any concerns, so we aren't able to rate their responsiveness.

The location was very convenient for us; less than ten minutes away.