Pacific Pointe - Chula Vista, CA

Hello [name removed] I did tour Pacific Point! I was assisted very professionally. I was shown all the installation. I am very pleased with what I saw except for the fact that I was told there were no units with roll-in showers. However I was informed that I could have one installed at my expense. The people I met were very friendly and knowledgeable. I decided I would go ahead and fill out an application and I paid the initial fees. So now I am the proud “renter of unit [location removed]!! I love the view. The room is larger than the room I’ve been in for the last several years. I plan to move in this Saturday!!!😃😁😋. When I see something that is a good fit I don’t waste time because I don’t want to run the risk of losing it.
[name removed] I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your help in my search. You figured out what I need and tailored the search to the perfect place! You are what I like to call a wingless Angel! Thanks again and may God bless you now and forever. I FOUND MY SHANGRELA! I would rate the property a very strong 9 out of 10! I could give it a 10 because the door to the bathroom is too narrow but that problem can be remedied by simply removing the door and installing a shower curtain for privacy.

Very friendly staffs and the the property was small which appealed to my Mom. The Studio room was more than adequate for Mom's needs. Very low community fee.

The staff is very nice and helpful here

My Mom has only been here for a small amount of time, but so far everything seems to be going well. The only issues I’ve had were with the medications department. As far as the facility itself, it’s old and the carpets are stained but it’s clean and it smells good. Anytime I talk with the staff, they’re always nice and helpful. Mom seems to like the food and seems to be really happy in general. They were very quick to let me know when an incident occurred that landed my Mom in the hospital and I was grateful for that. I would recommend them for anyone that doesn’t have a lot of money to spend.

I visited this place and it seems ok. It feels a little run down in the common areas (feels like an older community library or rec center with not enough funding, old equipment, old books, old furniture etc). The price is good compared to most retirement communities.

Mom's type of vcare

This is a nice community. I am needing to have my mom in a differnt type of care from a new community. This was not what I was needing at the time. The community needs alot of improvements on the meals. They used alot of paper plated and that was not a good impression. I do like the staff and the community is clean and maintained. I would recommend other families to this community if it is what they need for the care of a loved one.

No thanks, Pacific Point

I moved to Pacific Point in 2015 at a time that I was on a walker & in chronic pain. The Pacific Point Representative who toured me around the facility showed me the first 2 floors but not the 3rd floor where the gym equipment, arts & crafts room & beauty salon were. It was several months later that I learned about the third floor's various activities. My studio was next to the 2nd floor fire escape & I frequently observed non-resident unsavory types going up & down those stairs especially at night, which made me feel very vulnerable. The only meal here I could stomach was breakfast. I had a small refrigerator in my studio that I ate out of the rest of the time. Activities were lame. The monthly rent was high for what was offered. Most everyone living there who spoke to me wanted to move out as I eventually did.

Nice place with nice people and attractive pricing. During our visit, [Removed] made it feel like home to my mother-in-law. There is a high likelihood that she will end up moving into Pacific Pointe.

The room they had available was very cute! West facing, palm trees, mirrored closets with plenty of light and a walk in shower. The facility itself seemed to be renovated and cleaned to show instead of truly improve. I don't know if I get this impression because of the more difficult time they must have keeping things nice to allow smokers and pets or if there is work to be done within management but it felt like a poorly maintained hotel. All the right things were there for a great center but with a less than thorough cleaning, disorganization, and missing some of those finishing touches that really pull everything together the look and feel are less than spectacular.

Friendly Staff!!

My father doesn't have a television in his room, so he goes down to the lobby and gets to socialize with other residents. The staff are friendly and communicate well. My father has mentioned that the meals are good they have good portions them. He seems to like residing in the community. There are various activities offered as well.

The building is well organized. Hallway carpeting could use a cleaning but perhaps that's a constant battle.

Other residents appear friendly and watchful for those who may need some help.

The laundry room facilities could use some maintenance... one washer has been broken for quite some time by resident report.

Communication is a bit rough as would be expected in this type of facility.

Active Senior Living

Everything is working out pretty well for me here at this community. The staff have been very good, they have been great to work with. I help them out around the community and they are always willing to help me. It is a nice and clean facility, they do a pretty good job with that. I've tired some activities. The food is decent, but they have a lot of different diets to accommodate. I would recommend this community for an active senior.

I'am Happy At This Community

I'am doing very well at this community, I'am happy here. This is a very nice community, but I do think they need to do the cleaning more often. The landscaping and general areas needs to be cleaned and handled better. The staff is nice, they have been respectful and very helpful. The food is great, I enjoy the meals. I'am meeting new people. There are activities offered. Overall everything is going well and I would recommend it.

Mom Is Happy

Everything is going very well for my mother at this community. I do not live in the same state, so it is nice knowing she is happy. The community is very well-kept and everything looks nice and clean. She is trying some new activities and meeting new people. The food is nice, she lots of choice to choose from. She is happy so I would recommend it.

A Decent Community

My grandmother is doing pretty well at this community. It's a pretty nice community, it is clean, and well-kept. The staff is nice and helpful when she needs them. We had a few issues at first, but management has resolved most of our concerns. The food is okay, but the kitchen and servers are slow. Everything is working out pretty well and I would say if you don't have a lot of choices, this would be a nice community to take a look at.

Review of Pacific Pointe - Chula Vista, CA

Everyone was very friendly. My parents enjoyed greeting some of the residents. The property is older. We didnt really try the food. My parents werent very hungry and we waited quite a while for the waiter to come take our order. My dad just wanted to get on with the tour.

Best bang for the buck

Very reasonable apartment fees.
Building has been totally remodeled within the last few months. Great job!
Friendly staff and caregivers.

Pretty Nice and Friendly

They were pretty nice and friendly. The only thing that I would complain about is that when my mom first moved in they said they would have a group that gives them a welcome basket and show them around and that never happened. Other than that it has been okay.

So far I am satisfied with the experience

I really like Pacific Pointe. The facility is clean. The staff are friendly. I have no complaints at this point. So far I am satisfied with the experience at this facility.

I would recommend Pac Pointe to anyone! The food is excellent, the staff is very helpful, and they provide transportation. The facility is so nice. As a matter of fact I'm going to move in!

honest thoughts

The staff is very helpful. Meals are well balanced and on time. I think there needs to a staff member to schedule activities on a daily basis. All the cost of living is included plus transportation. It is in great location.

A good experience

It has been a good experience at the Pacific Pointe. We haven't had any major issues. The maintenance staff is outstanding. It's clean and friendly. The only minor issue is that the meal service seems to be a little slow. Other than that, no complaints. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The value is excellent. The care services and activities are good.

Its Horrid

The place is ugly, nasty, and smells like urine. Its horrid. They claim to be an assisted living, they are not except to an outside source. Nothing is provided. I am currently looking privately to place my mother into another community.

wonderful overall

The people at Pacific Pointe are wonderful. The initial sign-up process was very efficient and professional, and they were very friendly throughout the whole process.

There hasn't been the follow-through that we expected with some of the care services. Also, she was supposed to be assigned an ambassador (one of the residents that knows the way around to help her get acclimated) and that never happened. This has made it a little harder for her to get oriented and adjusted into the place. Mom has also complained a little about the food, and I do think there should be better quality control in the kitchen.

Other than that it has been a very positive experience.

Very nice place!

Everything has gone very well with Pacific Pointe, I would give them top marks across the board! The facility itself is nice looking, well kept, and clean. The staff have all been very friendly, and they seem to take great care of the people who live here!

Good value for a nice place to live.

A Place for Mom recommended Pacific Pointe among other places. We toured early in our search and were impressed by the friendliness of the people and the facility. When my daughter's mother arrived in town we went back because they had a shared room opening at a reasonable price and looked again. Of the many places we toured this was the best overall and the best value. She has been there almost two months and gets along well with her roommate and enjoys being there.

At Pacific Pointe, the staff is very ...

At Pacific Pointe, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. Overall I'm very satisfied with the cleanliness of the facility, staff, care provided,and overall services. My aunt is pleased with they services she's receiving as well.

Sunshine

We are pleased to hear both you and your Aunt are happy with your overall experience at Pacific Pointe. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your Aunts experience even better.

Happy Grandmother in-law

I am very happy with Pacific Pointe, and my Grandmother -in -law is also happy with the facility. Kane, and the staff are friendly. I am glad that we choose Pacific Pointe for my in - law.

Sunshine

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with the SeniorAdvisor.com community. It makes our day to hear your grandmother-in-law made the right choice moving to Pacific Pointe.

This place had large rooms ...

This place had large rooms and a homey atmosphere. It is in Chula Vista. but no memory care.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear you toured at community and were able to experience our spacious apartments. Unfortunately we do not offer Memory Care at Pacific Pointe. We do have other communities that do - in both Lake Charles, LA & Pharr, TX. Please let us know if you become interested in these locations.

We were really happy with them.

We were really happy with them. It's more of and independent living. My loved one liked the environment, and they loved him there. The staff was great. He just needed more care. We were able to have helping hands come in, but after a while we just needed more care. It was a great place while we were there though.

Sunshine

We wish your loved one the absolute best and thank you for your kind review.

$1465 for studio. Meds and ...

$1465 for studio. Meds and shower assist for $8/hr

Sunshine

We are glad you toured our community and we hope you will choose to call Pacific Pointe "home." If you have any additional questions, feel free to contract us. We are here for you 7 days a week.

It seemed every room overlo...

It seemed every room overlooked the parking lot. The food in the dining room was bland and unappetizing.

Sunshine

As an all-inclusive community, most residents find value and enjoyment in our full range of amenities such as fitness classes, daily outings and 3 chef-prepared meals per day. We welcome you back to visit our community and to fully see Pacific Pointe has to offer.

It’s a beautiful community.

It’s a beautiful community. It’s safe. The food could have more variety! They should change it up and not have the same stuff every week. It’s a good place. They need more parking. It’s pretty clean and people are friendly.

Sunshine

We are glad to hear your happy with selecting Pacific Pointe for your loved one. We will make sure to share your valuable feedback with the Team and Executive Chef.

Have to move 91 yr. old mom to southern Calif.

I was given a thorough tour of Pacific Pointe by Nanette last week and was able to view the small and medium studios and the one bedroom. Unfortunately, the large studios were all rented but she said she'd contact me when one became available. I did not feel rushed to complete the tour and could ask questions freely.

I was impressed by the services available at Pacific Pointe that are included in the modest rent. One of the other facilities in Chula Vista did not include all meals and the rent was significantly higher. It was also much bigger (300+ seniors) and more spread out, not having the "homey" feel that P.P. has.

It's going to be quite a challenge to move my mom from S.F. after 50 years in her apt. but she is actually looking forward to it. She's 91 and lives alone and all of her friends have died. There is no one left in S.F. and I'm worried about her lack of socialization, not to mention only getting to see her once a year. I think Pacific Pointe will be the right fit.

P.S. Being nosey, I asked a lady sitting in the lobby when I arrived what she thought of living there. She said that she lived here, moved over to the other larger senior residence (that I had also toured) and moved BACK to Pacific Pointe because she liked it better. That made me feel confident that we're making the right choice. P.P. will even credit money towards your move and is sending my mom a pamphlet to examine.

Sue,

Thank you for your detailed review and sharing your experience at Pacific Pointe with the SeniorAdvisor community. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and are considering moving your mother from San Francisco to our community in Chula Vista. Please let us know if you have further questions about our all-inclusive community, the location, our live-in managers, or if there is anything we can do to make your decision easier.

Great Management, Food Could Use Improvement

I'm in a medium studio and I pay extra for my cats which I think is fair. The only problem is the food. Even though it's supposed to come with the price I'm ordering from meals on wheels because I need a low fat diet and they don't provide that. I like the activities. We just got a new activities director and she's really willing to letting people here give suggestions about what to do. She's open to new suggestions which I really like. What I was really impressed with is just yesterday we had a fire drill and I was impressed by that. I like how it was done. They really were knocking at all the resident's doors and explaining. They listen o complaints of the residents and I think they act on that. I'm really impressed with that. The management are really in tuned to what the residents want.

Sunshine

We are thrilled to hear how happy you are with our management team and staff at Pacific Pointe. We are also so happy to hear that you have brought your cats with you to our pet friendly community! Each member of our management team is carefully selected to ensure that our residents are provided with a safe, loving, and fun community in which to reside. We are sorry to hear that you have not been taking advantage of our chef-prepared meals, and encourage you to give our gourmet dining another chance. With several options each meal, and our soup and salad bar, you are sure to find a low fat option. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us as a resident of Pacific Pointe. If we can improve your overall experience in any other areas, please let us know.

Mishandled Bed Bug Situation

Except for one really disturbing thing that's going on it's been okay. They're getting it cleared up but what happened was I found that I had abed bugs in my room. Rather than calling in a professional company, they just rushed into my room and started throwing my belonging in plastic bags. They put me and my dog in another room. The destroyed some of my belongings - they just handled it terribly. The company they called had never worked in residential places, only commercial ones where you can destroy things and easily replace them.
When they finally did return things to me they just brought the plastic bags in my room with all of my belongings haphazardly thrown in. It's taken me a couple of months to begin to put the place back together again. It's been very distressing. My daughters took over handling the whole situation and negotiate with them to pay for things that they destroyed. They've reached some agreement with the corporation that they will not do that again, that they will always use a professional company.

They've been very kind in a whole lot of ways and the staff has been very kind but on the other hand they turned around and handle situation like the bed bugs terribly so I'm not sure how to rate them.

Sunshine

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Pacific Pointe. We are pleased to hear that you are overall happy with your choice and are enjoying the benefits of all-inclusive retirement living. As discussed with your daughters, we did use a professional company to treat the apartment, and always partner with professional and reputable vendors for all services. This situation was certainly not typical and we are relieved that it has all been cleared up. Thank you again for choosing Pacific Pointe and Sunshine. If you ever need anything, please contact us 24/7, we are here for you and each and every one of our residents!

Pleasant Independent Living

I toured after living and leaving somewhere else. I am now living here. I find the atmosphere very "community-like". The people are warm and the management are friendly. 24-management is the big plus. That is reassuring to me. I am super-pleased with the library as it is large, has a computer and free Wi-Fi, and is in a separate area from the recreation rooms/tv room. The meal plan needs work, but a new cook arrived so I have high hopes. Yes, it is an old building, but it FEELS homey. Location, location, location! 3 parks within blocks. Wal Mart, Target and Petco within blocks. The Police Dept is 2 blocks away. Fire Dept a few blocks farther. A wonderful Senior Center a few blocks away where you can go for more fun activities. I really am pleased with Pacific Pointe. They treat me with respect. Only thing I would like different is the mail slots be put out in a more accessible area so I don't have to bother the staff to get it.

Wasent happy with this plac...

Wasent happy with this place.. When we were there a lady was having problems breathing and the man that was giving us the tour he dident even help her he just walked away this poor lady.. I wouldent want that for my mom..

Sunshine

As a community with caring live-in managers who puts residents and their safety first, we feel terrible about what you witnessed on your tour, and can’t apologize enough. We have spoken to the on site Management Team who have assured us, they always make time for any resident needs and apologized profusely for giving you the wrong impression. We cannot emphasize enough that at Pacific Pointe, we are one big family and caring for our residents is our number one priority.

I visited Pacific Pointe on Monday an...

I visited Pacific Pointe on Monday and was very impressed with it.

Sunshine

Thank you for sharing your experience with SeniorAdvisor.com. We encourage you to come see us again, and if need additional information on Pacific Pointe, we can help you further.

Very hospitable. They have studios, m...

Very hospitable. They have studios, meals, activities, laundry mat on grounds, co-managers 24/7. Weekly housecleaning. Does not include cable or phone (?).

Sunshine

We are glad to hear you had a nice tour. While we do not pay for cable or phone, as a resident of Pacific Pointe, you can enjoy 3 chef-prepared meals daily, housekeeping, transportation, a full calendar of activities and more, all for the price of your rent.

Pacific Pointe is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, located near the shores of the Pacific Ocean in beautiful Southern California, just minutes from shops, restaurants and hospitals. A Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including three chef-prepared meals daily, on-site beauty salon, fun daily activities and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

At Pacific Pointe, we believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors.

In addition to the beautiful grounds, including patios for BBQs and soaking up the sun, residents of Pacific Pointe enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, such as: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked meals are prepared daily by our chef, served at your table in our dining room. Plus, help yourself to our convenient soup and salad bar!

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: Games, Exercise, Wii Bowling, Bingo, Movies and much more!

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.

*Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system and we have security round the clock.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community. Please contact us to schedule a visit and join us for lu

Chula Vista is among the top choices for seniors to live. Being that it is the second largest San Diegan Metropolitan Area cities, it has a lot to offer. Men and women get to enjoy incredible beaches, excellent weather conditions, and outstanding beauty year- round.

City Info

Chula Vista ranks high in walkability as it is a very walk-friendly city for seniors to live in.

- Walkability Score: 85 The City is very walk-friendly. The city was specially designed to be as walkable as possible.

- Population: The 2010 U.S. Census reported that there were 243,916 people in the city at the time.

- Average Age of Residents: The majority of people living in the city are 34 years old.

- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Area: There are 178 options in or around Chula Vista for residents to live in. Some provide Independent Living, Assisted Living, Continuous Care or Adult Daycare services.

- Average Weather Conditions: August is when the highest monthly average temperature occurs. It is 69 degrees Fahrenheit. February is when the lowest monthly average temperature occurs. It is 54 degrees Fahrenheit.

Transportation

Public transportation is widely available throughout Chula Vista, but it isn't as necessary as it is in other cities because the California community is very walk-friendly.

- Buses. There is the San Diegan Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) that takes seniors from one destination to the next in the city and surrounding areas. Senior discounted tickets are available for purchase.

- Trains. The San Diego Tourism Authority offers trains and trolleys to get around Chula Vista and the San Diego area. There is also Amtrak for distance traveling.

- Taxis. There are no shortages of taxis in and around Chula Vista. Some of the companies seniors can ride with include Sunset Cab, Chula Vista Airport Transportation, and Valencia Taxi Cab. Fare information is available on the company websites or available from the cabbie once a person has entered their cab.

- Rideshare. Two of the most popular rideshare companies in the U.S. are available to provide transportation for seniors upon request. They are Lyft and Uber. Seniors with a smartphone or tablet can download the apps for each ridesharing company, create an account, input their payment information, and request transportation whenever they need it.

- Airports. San Diego offers several different airports for seniors to select from. There is the San Diego International Airport and the Montgomery-Gibbs Executive Airport.

Health and Safety

There a number of hospitals, health centers, and psychiatric health centers in Chula Vista and San Diego for seniors to visit when necessary.

- Hospitals in the Area: There are many hospitals in the Chula Vista and San Diego areas. Some are private while the others are public. They are Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista, Otay Family Health Center, San Ysidro Health Center, and many more health centers and psychiatric health centers.

- Crime Rate in Chula Vista: Chula Vista is 65% safer than many Californian cities. It is safer than 48% of the cities in the U.S.

Sports and Leisure

There are four golf courses and two golf schools in Chula Vista.

- Golf Courses Near By: Golfers delight in knowing that there are four premium golf courses to choose from. They are Salt Creek Golf Club, Eastlake Country Club, Showtime Golf, and San Diego Country Club. There is the OJ Amaya Golf Academy as well as Bruce Baird's San Diego Golf School.

- Tennis Courts/Clubs Near By: Several tennis courts keep senior players busy. They are Tennis Chula Vista Recreation Department, Sunbow Park, Windrose Tennis Courts, and many others in the area.

- Gyms Near By: Staying fit is easy at Chuze Fitness, Anytime Fitness, LA Fitness, and other fitness clubs, centers, and gyms. Membership at these establishment provides many benefits including access to exercise equipment, fitness trainers, classes, swimming pools, and saunas.

Shopping and Entertainment

Grocers in the area represent different ethnicities and cultures which is beneficial to adventurous eaters.

- Grocery Stores: Seniors who enjoy different types of cuisine from around the world will love what Chula Vista does to represent its diverse community. Throughout the city, men and women find a variety of chain grocery stores as well as specialty marketplaces. Some of the grocery stores available include Albertson's, Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Sprouts Farmers Market, Hometown IGA, and Seafood City Supermarket among many other choices big and small.

- Restaurants: There are dine-in and fast food restaurants galore in the city. Some favorite places locals go include Black Angus Steakhouse, Gallery at the Marina, The Cheesecake Factory, La Bella Pizza Garden, and Olive Garden to name a few.

- Movie Theaters: Seniors can watch the latest flick at AMC Chula Vista 10, Regal Cinemas Rancho Del Rey 16, and AMC Otay Ranch 12 for starters. Senior discounts are available at many area theaters with a valid ID.

- Libraries: Seniors can check out books by their favorite authors and take advantage of library resources at these locations: Chula Vista Public Library Central Library, South Chula Vista Library, and Chula Vista Public Library.

- Senior-Friendly Salons: There is no better feeling than having a person's hair cut or colored, beard trimmed or face shaved. Salons in the city include Rico's on 3rd, Lounge Salon, Kairos Beauty Salon, Lydia Hair Salon, and many more.

- Entertainment: Chula Vista offer residents plenty to do, see, hear, taste, and experienced every day of the year. In addition to museums, festivals, theaters, sports events, parks and recreational area, and trails, there are cultural events, classes, and workshops to participate in. Some of the most popular places in the city and surrounding area include the San Diego Bay, Otay Ranch Town Center, Chula Vista Bayside Park, Mattress Firm Amphitheatre, and so many more things to do alone or with a companion.

Religious Facilities

Chula Vista has many places to worship located throughout the city.

- Religious Facilities Nearby: There is the Concordia Church and School, First Church of Christ, Scientist, Grace Lutheran Church, Church of Christ, Eastlake Church, St. Pius X Church & School, Mater Die Catholic Church, Christian Science Reading Room, and the Seventh Day Adventist Church.