Heritage Woods of Yorkville - Yorkville, IL

From the very first impression on my tour of Heritage Woods, to the move in date for our Mom, Heritage Woods is nothing short of beautiful inside and out including the staff that serves our loved one. What an incredible alternative for families to know that their loved one is safe, medically manged and Happy.

Thank you so much.

[Name removed]

A tour for care

We toured this community and we would happy for my mom to have moved in here. The community was clean and they offer nice healthy meals. The activities would have been good for my mom to participate. We would recommend that other families tour this community for care for a loved one with a good value

Our visit.

I liked this community. I thought it was pretty and the people were nice. The community seemed clean. Mom did not feel comfortable with this community.

Dad's Home Again!

We toured several facilities, several times, in order to find a place where my father would feel "at home". We chose Heritage Woods Yorkville for several reasons. Our main reason (and most important to Dad) was that it was centrally located between the 5 children so it would be easy to visit and keep him involved with family. Most important for the 5 children though, was that it be a comfortable, safe environment for Dad. Each time we toured and now when we visit everyone is very friendly and helpful. Even the other residents are smiling and friendly. (We consider that a great sign.) Dad has to take several doses of medication throughout the day, and the nurses and CNAs were wonderful to help us get him on a routine and keep him on track so he can stay active. The facility is clean and fresh smelling, Dad says the food is good, and there are a lot of activities available for him to participate in. This move to Heritage Woods Yorkville has helped Dad gain his independence back. We feel like he's home again!

I thought it was beautiful, but mom didn't like it.

We toured here when we were looking. When you walk in, the lobbies have huge staircases that wind up, and they are beautiful. I don't know that the residents go up and down them much, but they were very nice. I thought it was beautiful, but mom didn't like it. It wasn't the right fit for us.

Wonderful!

This place is amazing! My mom has been a resident at Heritage Woods of Yorkville for several years and I just cant say enough good things about this wonderful place.
The loving and compassionate care that is shown to all the resident's is evident from the moment you walk in the door. Everyone is so helpful and accommodating. I could not imagine mom getting better care anywhere else!

Not my friend

They were not my friend. It is not even assisted care. It is below that. They say it’s assisted, but it’s not. Last winter my loved one was there for six months and they – she fell, and fell, and fell- she went to the ER nine times - they wouldn’t call me. Finally she broke her back and had to go to rehab.

No ability to assist with c...

No ability to assist with colostomy care even if Mom learns daily care. This facility may not be appropriate even if colostomy reversed due to memory issues becoming more significant during illness.