Inspired Living at Ivy Ridge - Saint Petersburg, FL

• Arts and Crafts Programs
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day

Great Care

My wife has made such tremendous progress being here she is able to come home by the end of the week. The staff is wonderful here they are working with her alongside an outside physical therapy service to gain her strength back which she is doing. My wife loves the staff here they are so nice and patient. After dinner, she goes to play bingo every night she which enjoys. The food she does not like it has no taste to it no seasoning. I would recommend this community

My husband care and comfort

This is a good community for my husband. I like the staff who are taking care of my husband. The community is always clean. We like the nice very of the menu and I like knowing that he likes everything they offer. He does participate in the activities with the other residents. I would recommend this community for other families.

Ivy Ridge excels in providing inspired living

Updating my 2015 review (at which time I gave 5 stars) - if it was possible to give more than 5 stars I would. The behaviors and needs of those afflicted with dementia do change over time, and Ivy Ridge has stayed in step, making changes in my aunt's care to meet her needs. I cannot visit often, so how do I know this? It's because of communication. Emails, videos, photos - we get updates all the time so that I can see my aunt and hear her laugh and read about her daily life ... each day is truly inspired living for her.

Ivy Ridge provides an enormous amount of activities all day every day. Residents are encouraged to participate or at least to be present. The staff knows the personalities of each and knows how much level of encouragement is needed, or when to back off, because they know each one's interests.

Great thought goes into planning these activities, often adding a twist to make them unique, and, therefore, very enriching and never boring. Dancing, singing, crafting, holiday and birthday celebrating, games, volleyball with a balloon and other sports, movies, playing with a Wii, animals who come to visit - the list is endless. For those who can there are field trips, lunch at restaurants, community involvement such as delivering Meals-On-Wheels.

But Ivy Ridge's excellence is more than just keeping my aunt entertained. Maintaining her physical health is a priority. The staff is highly skilled in using positive motivational techniques to promote success in my aunt's physical therapy, to stimulate her to eat, to encourage her to get out of bed to start a new day. At all times the staff maintains a positive attitude and shows great patience.

The greatest gift that the staff at Ivy Ridge has given to me is that they make me feel as if my aunt is the only resident. This shows the level of personal one-on-one care she receives ... as do all the other residents because I, of course, know that my aunt is not the only resident living an inspired life - just looking at their very active Facebook page shows me such wonderful photos and videos of so many other residents having a blast and living an inspired life.

Thank you Inspired Living at Ivy Ridge!

This is a nice community with nice staff members who make you feel comfortable. The community is clean and they make it a nice place to live with good care. The menu is appealing and a nice variety. The activities are the offer to the residents who want to participate. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families for a good value

Interacts with patients to keep them active and involved

My husband is currently in his 2nd respite care at Ivy Ridge. He and I chose Ivy Ridge because the people living there have activities going on just about all the time, including a popular bingo game every evening at 6Pm. People are free to choose activities , meal choices, and may go to their rooms when they choose. From our observation of other places we felt they seem to be more oriented to the families rather than to the patients. Ivy Ridge is definitely oriented and engaged with their patients. My husband's first stay was for a month. This current one will probably be longer. I've been in al all hours and have been pleased with all shifts. My background is in nursing/administration

A Good Respite Stay Experience

My mother in law was here for a respite stay, and for the most part it was a good experience. They have a good staff here, they were very helpful and caring. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and very clean. She was cared for well here. She enjoyed playing bingo, and she would do brain stimulating activities with the staff. The memory care they provided her with was good. This is a community I would recommend, it worked out good for us.

Kari Lorenzo

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to give share your experience. We take pride in taking care of moms and dads and thank you for sharing your mother in law with us.

Community gave me an uncomfortable feeling !!

The community gave me an uncomfortable feeling during our tour. The staff was very awkward and didn't have direct answers to the many different questions I had presented to them. The main living and dinning room needed more natural light and not so many dimmed lights.

Kari Lorenzo

We’d love to have you back for another tour and to meet additional members of our staff. We are a hard-working and very thoughtful team and we take caring for moms and dads very serious. If you wouldn’t mind sharing your contact info, we would enjoy speaking with you about your experience. You can also reach out to Wendy McLeod the Executive Director at [removed]

It Is A Suitable Place

My mom has fell walking down the hall. The staff called me and let me know this but I also noticed a few more residents had fallen too. Otherwise, she is doing fine and well. The place looks pretty clean and looks good. My mom does not enjoy the food at times. I am unsure why she does not like the meals.

Kari Lorenzo

Thank you for sharing with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure mom is getting the nutrition she needs. We encourage you to share your thoughts with Wendy McLeod the Executive Director any time at [removed].

Outstanding in all areas so far

Mom moved in 2-weeks ago, and so far everything has been 5 stars. We are especially pleased with the number of activities each day, which is important for those with early dementia. The care staff has been very friendly and helpful with Mom's transition from another memory care facility.

Wendy McLeod

We are glad to hear of her positive transition. Having programming for all of our Gems is key.

Very Helpful Staff

This is a great community and they are trying their best to care for my mother. They keep the community very clean, everything looks nice and neat. The staff has been very helpful and kind. They do offer good activities for the residents. The food is fine. I would highly recommend this community.

Wendy McLeod

Thank you for the positive feed back and we will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

what to look for

Being in the health care field for 31 years in pinellas county, I have had the opportunity to visit many facilities. Dawn Gretter at Ivy Ridge really helps my families feel comfortable about making the hardest decision of their lives. In my recent experience with the staff there, all of them from maintenance, dietary and care givers have gone above and beyond to ensure my residents have a positive adjustment. The secure outside area offers my residents a feeling of freedom, something that can be of great importance to them. Debra Castro the executive director has been available to me and my families if needed. Sheri Derry the program director is wonderful, I myself held this position for 17 years out in the community, so I am very particular on this subject. I rarely stop at Ivy Ridge when something meaningful, appropriate and fun isn't taking place with great attendance. I never see residents in recliners placed in front of the television and calling it an activity. No facility is perfect, but I appreciate one that is trying to be.

Debra Castro

Gloria thank you so much for your kind words and support. Making the decision on where to place your loved one is certainly a challenge. Here at Ivy we are very proud of our programming, dining and care services. We are committed to changing the way seniors are cared for. Our vision is an environment much closer to a never ending senior summer camp as opposed to typical community living. Inspired moments happen all the time here at Ivy. Its unlikely to achieve perfection but start to finish we are certainly striving for the best experience possible. We are here to help and that is the expectation from all of the Ivy team.

So Thankful for Ivy Ridge

You guys, this really is a five star place. If memory care is what your loved one needs, this is the place. I can not express my gratitude enough to the staff. They are kind, generous, thoughtful, and dedicated. They really do go the extra mile. I live in Chicago, and am thankful every day, knowing and trusting that my dad is safe and happy in his home in Florida. The residents are clean and well groomed, their lives are filled with fun, laughter, and meaningful activities. The rooms are on the smaller side, and the community itself is simple. There are two lovely enclosed out door areas, and a dedicated van for regular outings, as well as doctors visits etc. Please see their facebook page for pictures, videos and additional information. Highly highly highly recommended.

Debra Castro

Thank you for your kind words. We truly do strive to provide the best experience possible in all cases. Our ultimate goal is to create the highest quality daily living experience for our residents and their families. Ideally each new resident is cared for and thought of as our Mom and Dad, joining our Ivy family.

They don't follow through on their complaints

They really play up the place. It is very uplifting. The only issue is that they do not follow through on their complaints. The housekeeping could be better. My loved one went almost 2 weeks without anyone picking up his laundry.

Debra Castro

Thank you for your response, we appreciatle the feedback.

Very nice place!

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a very nice place overall, in terms of the facility being clean and well maintained and the care that they provided. However it just felt too much like a hospital, and I did not think my loved one would be comfortable living here.

stephenie haldane

Your feedback is always appreciated.

Superb

They were incredibly diligent with what they say they were going to do from first point of contact, was tops very professional. Hope was excellent in the transitioning of my mom to the facility.

Debra Castro

Thank you for the insight, we strive to provide the best experience we can transitioning residents into our community family. Our ultimate goal is to care for your Mom and Dad as though they were our own family member.

I was able to take a full tour throughout the facility and everything looked great. Each room and adjoining restromm were in good condition and it appeared that all of the residents were very well cared for. All staff were friendly and extremely helpful throughout the tour. This is one of the better facilites that I've experienced in the Pinellas County area.

Debra Castro

Thank you so much for your response, we appreciate the feedback.

Need more night & weekend staff

Overall, I thought Dad had good care and a clean, friendly environment. My sister & I did experience some frustration when we needed to call to check on Dad after hours or on the weekend. Staff would hang up on us, or the phone would just ring incessantly or the person answering the phone could not get through to the caregivers in the back. Feel like they are not adequately staffed on the nights and weekends.

Thank you for your response, we appreciate the feedback.

Eric was great! Clean. Smel...

Eric was great! Clean. Smells wonderful. Ron Rogers was very helpful discussing transitional stages. Day care might not be best to slowly start acclimating. new facility brightly painted walls. Beautiful double occupancy room.

stephenie haldane

Your feedback is always appreciated.

Expensire rate and no trans...

Expensire rate and no transport offered. Limited hours and further driving distance. I was not offered tour.

Kari Lorenzo

Hello, I am not sure I understand the comments, but we would be happy to assist. Please call Wendy McLeod, Executive Director at [removed]

They are a new state of the art community.

They do monthly weigh ins which I like. They don't have as many activities as we are used to doing. They will shave the residents for them. They don't have mirrors in the bathrooms. They are a new state of the art community. They don't have outings. They don't have scenic viewing. They have quite a few rooms. I just visited and looked around and spoke to some people.

Wonderful Place!

Wonderful, wonderful Place. Dad is extremely happy and so are we. Actually, we brought him from TX, and he is 93, so we were really concerned about him adjusting. The staff is so caring and loving and made an effort just like they said they would. They put someone with him all day long until he adjusted. They were there for him because he is legally blind and now he is really comfortable. They helped us get furniture and home health for his knee, something that wouldn't have been available at his previous community.

Thank you for your response, we appreciate the feedback.

They treat mom with dignity and respect

We chose Ivy Ridge Living Center for several reasons, first - the price was right, second - it was neat, clean, bright, and very appealing from when we first walked in. There were no bad smells, they do laundry everyday which I really liked. The people there are very friendly they answered all my questions. The staff addresses any issues or problems right away and even change their process if they find a better way of doing something. They have a very progressive dementia unit, every resident has their own room and wears a bracelet that can only unlock their door. The doors automatically lock and they just installed lights with motion sensors so the lights automatically come on if my mom heads to the bathroom at night. Throughout Ivy Ridge there are no ridges or rugs for residents to trip on and walkers easily slide on their floors which I really like. It is very bright and cheery, they did a study and found dementia patients respond better to bright colors so they painted part of the facility yellow and part green in an effort to help better orient the residents. Ivy Ridge is fairly new and has only been open about a year. A friend said there were 14 residents in January of this year and now there are 38, so it is filling up quickly. The staff does a good job with answering questions and discussing financial options. Also, the social director updates us on how my mom is doing and will take a handful of residents on outings for dessert. Her nurse speaks to me directly and is on top of the medications and medical needs of the residents. I also really liked that there is a locked courtyard that residents can access as they please. It doesn't allow them off the grounds so they are safe within the facility but they can still go outside when they want. They even can even put a GPS chip in resident's bracelets for residents who tend to wander off. My mom did not need this but it was nice to know Ivy Ridge has the technology and will use it if needed. Everyone treats my mom with dignity and respect. They also have a very nice dining experience, there's no rushing the residents through a meal. They sit about four to a table and offer residents seconds and keep checking on them which I really appreciate. I toured about 30 other places and I knew right away that Ivy Ridge was our first choice for mom.

Debra Castro

Thank you for your response, we certainly appreciate the feedback.

Located in northwest St. Petersburg, Inspired Living at Ivy Ridge provides personalized care with assisted living services specifically designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory impairments. Residents are truly at the center of their care, forming the foundation for a unique approach tailored to meet the personalized needs and goals of both the resident and family members.
Our community is the perfect balance of form and function – a warm, welcoming place that feels like home, is alive with activity, and is carefully designed to enhance the lives of those with memory impairments. But it is our people who make a tremendous difference. The passion of our dedicated staff is driven by a sense of purpose and deep respect for our residents, their families and loved ones.

The care you receive at Inspired Living at Ivy Ridge is designed just for you. We begin our relationship with each resident by learning his or her life story. Then we tailor programs and routines to their specific preferences, abilities and needs. We take a holistic approach, making sure to support the mental, social, spiritual and emotional needs of residents and their families. We offer residents as much support as they need to live as independently as possible.

Our personal touch matters:
• Dedicated, licensed professional staff specially trained in memory support on site with licensed nursing available 24/7
• Person-centered care emphasizes personal needs, preferences and abilities, and promotes wellness, fulfillment and reward.
• Purposeful community design and innovative technology support independence and ensure safety.

From our expansive, secure courtyard with walking paths, a shaded gazebo and butterfly garden – to nutritious, brain-healthy dining options where residents can enjoy delicious meals and snacks at their leisure – we provide a worry-free, nurturing and compassionate environment for your loved one.