Brookdale Bay Pines - Saint Petersburg, FL

Brookdale Bay Pines - Saint Petersburg, FL has yet not published prices.

Loved this place. Staff was great and friendly. The layout was accessible. The place was clean , bright, and cheerful. It was too far for my daughter to come with any regularity.

This is the place I chose. Very nice and seemed to a better fit for my dad especially being right across the street from the VA. he will still be able to see his doctors there.

Very pleasant environment but unprepared for additional fees and charges not disclosed until patient evaluation.

Very Pleased with This Community

I couldn't be happier with this community. They are taking very good care of my husband and his needs. They have been very accommodating, and attentive. They are always willing to help, and bend over backwards to care for their residents. The community is very well-kept. Everything is always very clean when I visit. There are activities offered. My husband is 6'5, and they took in upon themselves to give him bigger portions meals, and he is very pleased with the food. I'am happy with all they have done for us. The is an amazing community, and I would highly recommend it.

My father's care

I toured this community and it was nice and very clean. the staff were nice and answered my questions. I saw that activities were offered. They could not offer just one price and additional care would be costly. I think that families would be happy with this community if they understood what care is included.

A Wonderful Tour

I had a very pleasant experience when viewing this community. the lady was very sweet and informative. The rooms have Jack and Jill bathrooms. It was clean, I saw nice interaction, activities were offered. They even had a game system for "Name That Tune". This community was my first choice but they did not have a room for my parents.

Do your research.

I had to move my Dad out of here after 3 months, because they were nickel and dime-ing us to death. They were charging him for just about everything, including bringing his meals to his room or pushing him in his wheelchair to the dining room. They would add charges to the monthly bill that he never received. They tried to charge him for a portable nebulizer that he refused, at the price of $1200.00!! We got a bill for nearly $7,000.00 for one month!! They never contacted me about these outrageous add-ons and I had to meet with them and go over every single item that he was being charged for, and make them remove nearly half of them. If we had stayed there, our bank account would have been completely drained in about 3 months. I moved him to another facility that was so much better! The room was bigger, the food was better, the nurses and the management were nicer and they promised me that there would be no surprises on the monthly bill without consulting me first. Unless you have unlimited funds, and money to burn, I would NOT reccommed this place.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will share your feedback to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

don't do it

My Mom has been here for over 6 years and because she is afraid of change she continues to put up with poor care and mismanagement. I think I have FINALLY talked her into a move because is just keeps getting worse and worse!

I would reccommend it to anyone.

This place is so wonderful, the people are so nice everybody from Philip the director, down to the kitchen staff, they couldn't be anymore caring. I would reccommend it to anyone. They are the sweetest people. The first day I called, they were right on it and the marketing director Nancy Trusdale is wonderful. They offer a higher level of care if you need it. They would respond very quickly when he would call for anyone, they will ask what time he wants his shower, and if he says 9:30, they come back right at 9:30. It's a very cozy family feel. There is music playing and people bustling about. It's across the street from the VA, it's not affiliated with the VA but it is close to it. It's very casual all on one level not a lot of elevator business going on. The director just knocks himself out to make things happen. They offered a 30 respite which was a trial period. She fixed up a little room for him furnished. And they also offered different levels of services, we chose more than we needed and we were able to reduce the care needs as we didn't need them anymore. We went to the dentist and forgot his partials, and so I called the front desk to see if the driver could pick me up and bring me back, the girl at the front desk said not to worry about it, went and got his partials and drove them over to me within five minutes! One waitress who serves in the dining room has been there twenty years. That say's a lot! There is not one person there that I don't like.

Poor Management

We moved out because of disagreements. Very poor management. The place was fairly good for the conditions that my brother needed, but they had problems in handling the residents. They had severe employee turnover particularly in the management. The food was only fair.

Friendly Staff

They were pretty good, but huge. I liked the friendliness. The whole staff was very nice. It was right near the water, though, and didn't care for that because I could see it being evacuated during a storm.

Brookdale Bay Pines offers both assisted living and memory care to residents in the St. Petersburg area. We are located 12 miles northwest of downtown St. Petersburg. Our residents enjoy our frequent trips to town for dining, shopping and sightseeing or other entertainment. We also enjoy trips to the beach and nearby parks. When the weather is just too hot and humid to be outdoors we have a variety of indoor activities to enjoy:

Pinochle club
Computer classes
Chess tournaments
Zumba and other exercise classes
Themed lunches
Wellness seminars
Beading classes
Tai chi
We are pet friendly so there is always a furry friend to relax with

Our spacious apartments offer all of the comforts of home:

Private bathroom with wheelchair accessible showers
Individual climate controls
Storage space
Carpeting throughout the apartment
Housekeeping services

If you need assistance with your medications or other daily activities one of our caring staff is always ready to help. We provide diabetic care, can accommodate special diets and can coordinate with outside providers for home and medical care. We also provide transportation services and in case of emergency or serious illness there are four hospitals within ten miles of us.