Bloom at St. Petersburg - Saint Petersburg, FL

I would not put my [Removed] in this facility. Derogatory when speaking of memory care residents. Dreary. No safety features besides confinement to wing. No phones allowed for residents. The staff member was cleaning chairs with loud vacuums during meal time. I found it highly annoying and I don't have agitation issues. If I could give it negative stars, I would.

Brad dubin

Bloom Senior Living acquired Osprey Health Care Center on November 1, 2017. The Bloom family has been providing personalized service and platinum care to seniors since 1965 with an aspirational mission of helping our residents flourish. What you have described, under prior ownership, is not consistent with our family-owned and operated model. We invite you to visit Bloom Senior Living's website and learn more about the company, as well as, Bloom at St. Petersburg's website (and its latest press release) to learn about a series of initiatives designed to improve the daily lives of our residents. We look forward to serving the residents of Bloom at St. Petersburg.

What I really liked about this community it was designed specifically for residents with dementia and Alzheimers. On the tour, the staff was very nice and informative. The community appeared clean and well maintained.

Care for a friend

We toured this community for care for a friend. We did not have a good experience. The staff did not seem to be professional and did not answer the questions we had on the care that was given. They did not offer us information in a few areas or the menu that is provided. We would suggest that other families tour this community to see if they like the feeling before moving a loved one in here for care.

Great experience.

Good Respite Stay

My father was here for a respite stay and everything went very well. The community looks nice and clean. The staff was good, there was one time when my father fell, because nobody was there to help him sit down. Overall it was nice experience and I would recommend it.

Would not recommend them

Right now I am not happy with them at all. My mother has been in there for two weeks. All I have received is empty promises and lies. I can't get my aging mother the help and medications that she needs. They just give me the run around. I am at my wits ends. I would not recommend them at this time.

They are okay

They are okay. I am not thrilled, but so far so good, I guess. Honestly, they don't have the programs that they need, but they are working it out. They don't have the right people in place, which is a struggle. There are a couple of people in memory care that are phenomenal. They don't have any activities, so the residents just kind of sit around between meals.

Great place!

I moved my mom into Osprey. It is a great facility. Very new and clean. She loves it there. Staff is very helpful and caring.

They've been terrific. I have absolutely no complaints. I'm glad my mother is there.

Clean and friendly staff, but not a cheery place

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The staff members that I met seemed friendly and helpful, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. However, it just had sort of cold, impersonal hospital feel. I did not think my loved one would be comfortable here.

Very helpful and nice.

The staff is very helpful and nice. The care services a good , but there is room for improvement. Activities are good. They have a memory unit they are getting started and expecting it to get better.

love it!

I really love Osprey Health Care Center! It is a brand new really nice facility. Everyone there is just extremely friendly, nice, and helpful.

Review of Osprey Health Care Center Alzheimer's / Memory Care in St Petersburg, FL

This facility is very new and beautiful. It was very clean. I only saw 3 residents and they seemed happy and comfortable. I was given a tour of the kitchen which no one else offered to me. The rooms for residents are very welcoming. Very colorful and bright. They provide the furniture or you can bring your own. All of the employees I met were very cordial and said hello. They offer Skype on their computers so that the residents can speak to their family and friends when they can't come to visit. Very nice! They have a chapel where you can attend church on Sunday's and they are also working on having the Sunday services aired on the resident's televisions if they choose not to go to the chapel. They offer snacks any time of the day to residents, doesn't matter what time it is. They seemed very committed to having the family involved with the residents who live there. The dining areas were all very well lit and were inviting to sit in. An activity calendar was not provided in the packet. I think that since this is a new facility they are still working on improving this. It was very quiet. I was also invited to bring my Dad there for a meal on the weekend so that he could see what it looks like and if he would like it there. None of the other facilities I visited offered this. Their price per month is all inclusive. There are no ancillary fees each month other than the salon. A very nice tour and very informative.

They do a wonderful job here

My loved one was only here for a brief time, but they really impressed me during the short time that she was here. I can't say enough good things about them. The facility itself was clean and well kept, and the staff were friendly, professional, and attentive, and they take great care of the people here. It is a great option if you are looking into senior care in the area.

Upon entering Osprey you will feel the ambiance that abounds itself from the wide open floor plan, beautiful comfortable furnishings and the tropical colors. With every attention given to the safety and happiness of our residents. Whether you’re working at one of the many computer stations, staying fit in the state of the art fitness center or enjoying a premier movie in our theatre you will feel the warmth of the care being offered to our residents at Osprey.