Freedom Square - Seminole, FL

This is an amazing facility and we are extremely happy with the care. We did not look at this facility until after I was asked to do so by a family member. A dear friend is Director of Nursing there. Terrific care for my parents.

Nice Area in Seminole. Lots of conveniences , shopping at the mall across the street, theatre nearby, food shopping. However even though studio apt. is spacious , one had to bring own dbl size mattress to create area spacious area of rest.

A good place to visit

This community was our second choice. We liked this community when we visited. The people we met were friendly and helpful. We were not sure what area our loved one would be placed in at the time of our tour so we had to wait until we knew to choose a community.

Best Fit For Our Family

This community is awesome. The layout of the community is just what we were searching for. The staff is wonderful very kind and attentive to the residents. Mom is more active than she has been in past years she is always busy with the activities and events they hold. She is loving the food taste good. The community is always clean looking and well maintained.

Big Corporation puts profit over residents

Corporate facility has a lot of red tape and very little room for individual needs!
Food was frequently AWFUL and not what my mother requested. Even while in Hospice, Freedom Square talked the talk, but didn't deliver what they promised. My mother passed away in February and her estate wont get reimbursed until June! She paid over $4,000 a month for service and food and didn't receive her monies worth! Do your homework before going to a Brookdale property! It is FOR PROFIT!

Think carefully before choosing this facility

I caution anyone to think twice before placing an elderly family member in this substandard facility. There is a complete lack of compassion toward the patient, and family, in every aspect of care. Complaints directed toward facility managers regarding lack of care are glossed over with false smiles and assurances that all issues will be corrected, only to find that this was nothing but a "dog and pony show" to appease you and continue collecting your loved one's insurance benefit. Having no experience with skilled nursing and given the recommendation that this was an outstanding rehab center, I deeply regret that we placed or elderly family member here only to be ignored, ill treated, by non competent aides and so called nurses at every turn. Due to a final severe lack of care and improper treatment for a reoccurring infection, I called 911 and had him transferred to a local hospital ER, which should have been done by the nurses, or his attending "Dr" given the condition he was in. I was there daily for hours advocating for him, I had to ask to have his bedding changed, every few days, it never happened automatically. He got only One shower in 3.5 weeks, watched him sit for 45 mins to an hour at a time after pushing the nurse call, to get pain pills. Night sleeping pills never delivered on time despite an order on record for a specific time. Food trays cold, not delivered, not picked up, never an aide or nurse to be found at the nurses station when needed, not an aide or a nurse ever popping in to check on him for hours while I sat there observing aides strolling the halls discussing their personal lives. He was treated harshly or completely ignored when confused over minor issues and we had to call the nurses station almost nightly to get him the pills he needed to sleep, after he called us in despair, waiting an hour for meds to be delivered. The general atmosphere of the facility is lackadaisical at best, not very clean, and our Dad was definitely targeted by his attending nurses after we complained about legitimate care issues, he was left for last and almost completely ignored on rounds. A head nurse actually challenged me as my Dad lay nearly in a stupor, not eating, raging diarrhea, and obviously severely dehydrated, hadn't been cleaned up, that he needed no extra care, no IV fluids, and his condition was perfectly normal. Not only was she rude, but condescending at best. Having been told by the ER Drs that he was in a very bad state and should have been hospitalized days sooner, I know that what we viewed on a daily basis was not my imagination, nor did we expect too much. Please consider the health and well being of your elder before entering this facility. I will be forwarding my thoughts through every avenue that I can, to expose the improper care we experienced.

Great start

Very welcoming and accommodating- in my moms first month and she's very pleased. Hopefully this will be her experience for many years.

Staff Is Very Good

Most of the nurses and the aides they have working there are very good. We had some little problems during the holidays with missed baths and not knowing about some of the activities, but we are still getting use to it.

Seemed like a very nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw at Freedom Square! The meal we had was delicious, the apartments were comfortable looking and newly renovated, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful!

Positive endorsement for Freedom Square

Freedom Square is a people-friendly home. I could not be happier here. I came to Freedom Square so that I would feel secure in the event of any unexpected medical or physical affliction that might befall me in the future. I am secure.
F.S. offers all sorts of social opportunities for interaction with other guests. The meals are excellent. Residents are released from all the annoying chores of home ownership.Transportation is provided to malls, doctor's offices,and churches, as well as to planned activities away from the campus. Separate facilities are here for those needing skilled nursing , assisted living, and dementia care. Freedom Square is a continuous care resident community meaning that all a resident's possible aging situations can be taken care of here.

Very nice warm environment ...

Very nice warm environment small (80 beds) all services ala carte

This is the nicest residence we have ...

This is the nicest residence we have visited. It has the atmosphere and buildings of a small village and is on pleasant grounds and within walking distance of outside facilities, including cinemas, shopping mall, nice grocery store. Right now it is at the top of our short list of CCRCs.

Freedom Square provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Within its Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Brookdale Senior Living provides Rehabilitation and Healthcare Centers, where professional staff provide compassionate medical care when needed. Whether for short-term rehabilitation, or for longer-term nursing care, our communities provide excellent services and attention that extends beyond the clinical details of recovery.

Residents of Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities enjoy peace of mind knowing that opportunities for optimizing their health, wellness and convenience await them. With Inspired Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing care, Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities provide the lifestyles our residents want, the services they need and abundant opportunities to enjoy life in comfort, with convenience and style.