Arbor Oaks At Tyrone - Saint Petersburg, FL

Arbor Oaks At Tyrone - Saint Petersburg, FL has yet not published prices.

Our Experience

Looking for a place for your parent(s)? Read this first. Two years ago my husband and I worked very hard researching and visiting places in Pinellas County for my mother and father who could no longer live alone due to their failing memories. We found Arbor Oaks At Tyrone (Memory Care Center wing) at the time [name removed] was the director. We liked the way she ran things she was also an RN. Most everything went along as expected from about 2016-2018 then recently the director changed to [name removed] and everything went down hill fast. Now there is a irresponsible lack of staff, untrained staff being hired to work with memory challenged residents and a lack of empathy and respect for residents. Suddenly my mother started falling all of the time and both parents were shipped off to the hospital on numerous occasions mostly during the night shift. Their medications even changed without our knowledge. We tried to talk to [name removed] only to get the run around from him and we tried to reach out to the owner of the facility all to no avail. We definitely learned a valuable lesson here after removing our parents from this facility. A director with a lack of experience and care for his actions filter down to the quality of nurses, assistants and staff being hired to work in the facility.

Great Place

Arbor Oaks is one of the best facilities around. The staff from the Administrator ([Removed]) to the care staff, nurses, servers, etc. are top notch. My mother resides here for over a year before she passed away and I couldn’t have been happier. Arbor Oaks saved her from another facility and gave her an amazing quality of life. [Removed] were always available to talk to and you could tell they really care about the residents and staff, [Removed] the Resident Nursing Director is the best around - so knowledgeable and polite. The nurses are the best and most compassionate around. And enough cannot be said for [Removed] in activities. I would recommend Arbor Oaks to anyone looking for their loved ones, you will not be disappointed.

Terrible Administration

Over priced for the poor care residents receive, [Removed] the director is very rude, uncaring & unprofessional, he is never in the building & very difficult to get a response from him, he seems to not care about his job & there is no communication, it was very disorganized & you do not feel welcome, not a place you want to put family when management is so poor & staff do not seem to be happy or care, witnessed staff yelling & arguing in front of residents & was told it was nurse supervisor and assistant director, very inappropriate & unprofessional

Disappointed In Care Options

I am very disappointed in the way that things worked out in regards to having my brother get additional care such as therapy. The cost was not explained clearly to us and now we find out that it is not covered under his insurance. The staff and the administration staff is very friendly and kind. The community is very nice however nothing else seems to matter because of this thing with the insurance. and what was covered and not covered.

Care for dad

I am very happy with this community for the care that is given to my father. The staff I have found to be very patient and caring to his needs. The menu is very nice and appealing. He is happy with the activities and likes to play bingo with other residents. The community is very clean We would highly recommend this COMMUNITYfor a good value and great care to other families.

I found the facility to be concerned for the residents. Responsive to the residents needs. Of course there is always an adjustment on both parties. Which can cause some tress for both staff and the residents. All issues are addressed when reported but over all this is a great place for those who need to have the help when the extended family can't do what is needed.

A Very Safe Community

I really like the community for the male nurse and aids and for the longevity the employees have been there. They provide a clean community and house for my parents. My parents have a nice house with a courtyard and an area for gardening. There are a number of activities available for the residents. It is a very safe, enclosed community and I am pleased with them and all is going well for my parents.