Bayside Terrace - Pinellas Park, FL

I would not feel comfortable putting my mother in this facility. Room prices are comparable with other facilities but half the size. Facility is old although being remodeled by new owner. The 2 stall public bathrooms didn't have toilet paper and one stall didn't have a door. There was a piece of feces in the corner of one stall.

Becky Drehobl

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are currently in the process of converting that bathroom. We take the care and well-being of our residents very seriously, and our top priority is creating a wonderful environment and life for our residents.
We'd be happy to discuss your concerns further! Please give us a call, and our Executive Director, Dierdra, will be happy to speak with you.

Smelled like old people. In the midst of renovation. Staff friendly. Didn’t think elevator space was enough for all the floors.

Janet Davis

Hello,

We are disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied with our community. We did recently start a few improvements, including carpet replacement on the second floor, and the installation of new a/c units in the common areas.We are happy to share that these projects are all now complete. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking to improve and ensure we are providing a great life for our residents!

If you would like to discuss further, please call us and ask to speak with our executive director, Dierdra.

Bayside Terrace

Mom Is In Good Hands

So far the experience is going well for my mother with her move to this community. I do feel comfortable with her move here, she is in good hands. They have a very good staff, and they are taking good care of her. The community is nice, and clean when I visit. They provide good meals, and offer plenty of activities for the residents. I would highly recommend this community, it is working out well for us.

Small studio condo-like rooms without kitchen (mini-fridge only). Restaurant style dining service. All levels of care. Bus for appts, outings, YMCA? Cleaning & housekeeping 1/wk incl. 3 nurses on staff M-F Hair Salon on-site

Pleased

My mother in law is well, and everything is working out great.

Recommend care for love one

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is always making she that she is going well. They are attentive to here needs. The community is clean and maintained. The meals are very appealing and she is pleased with the variety; They do offer here alot of activities and they have personal care and transpostation. We would recommend this community for the nice value.

The best we could do

This community is understaffed and they are doing the best they can. The housekeeping is a weak link, however they are working on trying to improve this. The food is good and they offer a really good variety of choices. The memory care dining room is not as nice as the assisted living one. They are short on activities. They do have a secure yard so the residents can go outside. I would say for the money this is about as much as you are going to get.

I love it here!!

I am happy with my decision to move here, it is a very nice place with plenty to do. I have more to do as far as activities and I like that it keeps me busy. The meals are great, in the dining room, there is someone waiting the tables. The place is clean and everything is going very well so far.

My mother's care

I am happy with the care of this community. The staff is caring and very nice We enjoy the community outdoors.They do offer activities and she is enjoying the meals The staff keeps me informed on how she is doing when I call and that helps me out a lot. I would highly recommend this community for good care for other families.

Did not have a "warm and fuzzy feeling". The receptionist told me to take a seat while I waited for [Removed]...yet there were no seats available. I was also told I was not allowed to speak to the residents which is the opposite of everywhere else I went The memory care unit I visited felt very institutional.

Rooms too small. Prefer 2 bedroom

My family an I liked the facility, personnel, and activities. The dining room, and servers were very kind and respectful. Our loved one is very happy to have a social life again and the security of knowing someone is there to help him.

[Removed] (executive director) was absolutely delightful. My mom liked the facility and she's difficult to please.

Appearance Is Good

I took a tour of this community and at first I thought it looked nice, from the outside, then I went inside and I felt that it looked run down. It is close to Wal-Mart too. This was not where I would put my mom.

The first time we toured this property we liked it. The second time we went back and had lunch scheduled. The smell of urine hit us as soon as we walked in. The bathroom off the lobby was filthy. Something had seriously changed. The carpet in the hallways was dirty. It looked and smelled like a completely different place. We did not stay for lunch. Very disappointed as this property is very close to my home and would have been great to have Mom that close.

It's An Alright Facilty

They have been very good about getting him to his appointments for radiation therapy. There are a couple of workers there that are very nice that i'm very pleased with. However, I don't know if their staffing is sufficient. There also needs to be better communication. [removed]

I think they do the best they can with what they have.

It's going as well as could be expected. I think they do the best they can with what they have. They just hired a new activities director, so that should help get some things going. The staff is good, they really do try their best. It's one of the less expensive places, so I guess you get what you pay for.

We are pretty happy with Bayside Terrace.

We are pretty happy with Bayside Terrace. I can't think of anything that really needs to be improved, so far. Everything seems good. We liked the feel of it when we visited. We were here for a while, and they were pretty thorough in showing us around. They really seemed to understand where we were coming from both financially and care wise. They took the time to come out and make sure that this was a good match.

A great option for memory care residents!

I was in a pinch and time crunch to locate a facility for my Mom's husband. She had just passed away and he has dementia so it was imperative that he could not be at home. I had been given five leads by A Place for Mom; I checked out the others. Bayside Terrace was exactly what I was seeking and in a price range he could afford. The staff is typically responsive, the atmosphere friendly, bright, upbeat and clean and provided the sort of care that was needed.

Would not recommend

Our experience with Bayside Terrace was not a good one at all, I cannot recommend them based on my experience. They seemed chronically understaffed and were not able to keep a close eye on her. There are also cleanliness issues, the bathroom always smelled awful.

Good place

My family is very happy with Bayside terrace. My father is getting great care by top notch staff !

A WONDERFUL PLACE

I looked at a few places with the help of Kathy (advisor )
For A PLACE FOR MOM.
When I arrived at BAYSIDE TERRACE I knew from the staff, Friendliness, and Cleanliness of the place that my Aunt.
I was so impressed with the building as it is being redone.
My Aunt is in a completely new room. She has a wonderful roommate, She stay's busy by calling Bingo. When I call to check on her everyone is so nice, they put her on the phone. We chat and she tells me not to worry she is fine.
I had a lot of sleepless nights till I found this place.
I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND BAYSIDE TERRACE for your loved one.

This is where my mother is now and I would not recommend this ALF to anyone. They don't have the man power to take care of your loved ones properly. Her room smells and always a mess. They hardly ever make her bed. They took the protective cover off the mattress. Which enabled her to ruin the mattress because of her incontinence problem. They are letting it dry and allow her to lay in it. They loose her clothes in the laundry all the time. She was wearing someone else's clothes during one visit. The list goes on and on. Don't let your loved ones stay there!!!!!!

Holiday Retirement

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear that your mother is having a negative experience at Bayside Terrace. Your cleanliness concerns are justified and we'd like more details. Please call our office directly at [removed] to speak to our Resident Relations department.

Not a good experience overall

We did not have a great experience with Bayside Terrace. Our loved one was in their independent living section, but while she was there she suffered a fall and was unable to reach her call button and was on the ground for 7 hours before someone found her. Dealing with the management afterward was awkward, they were trying very hard to avoid taking any responsibility. We moved her out after this incident.

Terrible!

My mother has been there just over a month and it has been one complaint after another. I asked if she would get assistance with her insulin. They said she would and they still make her do it herself. They said they would show her around the first couple of weeks and help her familiarize herself with the place and that didn't happen. She has a incontinence problem and I asked if her garbage could be taken out daily. If not the room starts to smell and that doesn't happen. They said the food was prepared by a professional chef and that is not the case. I can go on! But, you get the point. Not a good place to place any family member!

This place is too far for u...

This place is too far for us.I do not like Hyw 19.

Competitively Priced - Great Assisted Living

The staff that I have seen are good. Actually in general, from what I have seen, you get pretty good value for your money. More than competitively priced for assisted living. She is assigned a room with a roommate, but the roommate isn't there so she has a private room for half the price. There are doctors that come in so she doesn't have to go anywhere, and we really like that. My mom had actually worked here as a private caregiver many years ago, and decided that she wanted to move here when she retired.

Felt Depressing

Not one to add to the list! It was very dark and dingy looking. It didn't look like anyone was happy there at all. It was a bunch of depressed old people. In terms of care, I didn't see any staff there. The facility itself was not that nice. It really felt depressing.

Didn't really like the loca...

Didn't really like the location was nice but also a tad over budget.

When people walk through the doors of Bayside Terrace, they are instantly WOW!-ed. With both comfort and convenience in a prime location, Bayside Terrace offers independent living, assisted living and memory care, ensuring residents never have to move from the community they love, no matter how their needs change.

Each day, our residents are empowered to live life exactly how they choose. Our WOW!-worthy senior living experience ensures our resident’s lives are filled with joy, purpose, personalized care and, most of all, fun.