Grand Villa of St. Petersburg - Saint Petersburg, FL

I like Grand Villa, but I think it may be too big for my mother plus the price is also much higher than my mother can afford. I would like to tour the other options to see what they are like. The move-in special was not that compelling either. With the $100 pet fee and the $200 move-in fee, that only brings the cost down $100. That's about $500 - $600 higher than I think my mother can afford.

Very welcoming and informative staff. Look forward to continued interaction.

Grand Villa

Both our mother and father have been at Grand Villa since July 7th. Although a very short time, the staff has been wonderful in welcoming our parents and us children.

Great community!

If I ask around I can always find help. I like [Removed], they are really good people. I like that they have an EMT on staff. It's a hard job, there is a lot of turnover with the Nurse's Aides. They seem to hire staff that is very kind and like people. They are always really sweet and nice to my dad. I like that the dining coordinator tries to seat residents close to people they have things in common with. You have the option to sit where you want but it's nice they try to introduce residents to each other.There are nice activities offered, I like when they have live music and serve cocktails. It's nice that they offer a coffee bar. They offer multiple places where you can congregate and socialize. Having those options makes things less tedious for residents. Our family chose this community because it's newer, they offer excellent care at a decent price and it's in an ideal location.

Not the right fit!

Everyone here seemed very nice and understanding. The community was nice and neat and was clean and no smells. The staff were very helpful. It just did not seem like the community that we wanted my mom in.

No Activities

At first it was a ruff start for us here at this community. There wasn't many activities offered for the residents. Also church trips were important, and they were not providing any. Overall we are pleased, but my mother tends to get bored at times. Hopefully with this new director things improve.

Wonderful St Petersburg Community

Gorgeous community with caring staff. Lots of activities to keep seniors engaged all day. Love that they have everything from independent to memory care with all inclusive rates for loved ones to age in place

Happy with care

We have been very happy with care. The rooms are a nice size and the community areas are large and bright. They have a large dining room. They serve their heavy meal at lunch which took some time getting use to and they offer sandwiches and lighter options for the evening meal. They also have and always available menu options that are offered. There is also a café that the residents can go to if they want light snacks during the day. Housekeeping is good. Laundry had been an issue but that was fixed. Labeling of clothing is a must which we did not want to do initially. We would like to have the pool heated. That would be a nice to do.

Don't Put Mom Here!

My mother was brought to live at Grand Villa in St. Petersburg, FL in May of 2015. Since May of 2015 she has had a very bad experience. I have about 200 photos showing various things over the last year that are unsatisfactory, including thousands of ants on her food, dirty diapers left out, dirty plastic gloves left on kitchen counters, etc. Whole wardrobes of my mother's clothes have been lost many times over. Often times my mother is wearing the same clothes with the same food stains two days after my last visit. When you pull the emergency cord in the room it can take up to half an hour for someone to arrive. This place looks nice but is a disaster. Also, Google the company that owns it and you will find more than you need to know.

Appearances are deceiving,

The place looks terrific, but is understaffed and disorganized. My mother signed up for the VIP care program, and the facility was totally unable to meet the standards they set. Rather than make an effort to provide the care promised, they were more than happy to put her in a lower level of care. The meals are pretty unsavory, as well. Since April, there that has been a total change in the administration. I think that attributes to their less than stellar performance . Very disappointing, and now looking for another 'home for mom.'

Inadequate Care resulted in hospital stay

Mom has front temporal lobe dementia. While the facility is new and looks nice, personnel changeover and lack of training with new CNAs/RAs has resulted in inadequate care. Mom was not being assisted with her showers and she developed a rash which was not discovered by the facility until the rash spread over her entire upper body. Prescribed medicine for the rash was then improperly applied by the staff, and 1-week later the rash became infected resulting in her being admitted to the hospital for 1 week. The layout of the facility on several floors also resulted in Mom being in her room unsupervised for several hours each morning because she was too tired in the morning to get up at 6:30-7:00 am from her 3rd floor room so was unsupervised when all the CNAs/RAs accompanied the other residents down on the 2nd floor for their 7:30 breakfast.

So far it has been very nice. I'm glad we found this place.

So far it has been very nice. They treat my grandfather well. I'm glad we found this place. The inside is very clean and well kept. Everyone is very nice and friendly. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The care services are excellent. My grandfather is well taken care of. They offer a lot of activities. The Grand Villa of St. Petersburg is a nice community. We are really pleased with everything.

Very nice place!

I think they do an excellent job at Grand Villa of St. Petersburg! It's just a very nice place overall, I'd give them top marks across the board. It's in a very nice area (when I first visited the direction I approached from had me drive though a bad part of town). The place feels like a palatial estate! It's clean, well kept, and the private rooms are a good size. The staff is friendly and professional, they provide plenty of activities and outings, and they take great care of the people who live here!

Brand new, very nice community!

I think they do a fabulous job overall at Grand Villa of St. Petersburg. It is a bran new and very nice looking facility! The staff have all been very friendly and helpful. Since they are so new they've still got a few kinks to work out in terms of getting the staff working together smoothly, but overall I think they do a great job here, and I only see it getting better!

Wonderful place!

This place is unbelievable! It is absolutely fantastic! My loved one had been in another Grand Villa location which we did not have a good experience with at all, but coming here was like night and day! The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and well kept, and the staff are all wonderful. They take such good care of the people who live here, and even the food is fantastic!

Fabulous place!

They've done an absolutely fabulous job so far at Grand Villa, they're awesome! The staff are all very very friendly, and they treat my parents like they are family. When we drop them off after an outing the staff are always right at the door to welcome them back! Mom really loves the aide who helps her out, she says "She treats me like a queen!"
Our experience has been wonderful, and I highly recommend Grand Villa to anyone looking into care in the area!

like a resort at Disney

The facility is brand new, and looks like a resort at Disney world. They are on top of trying to engage my mom, and their whole point is to keep them active all day and not just sitting in a room somewhere. Mom is very happy! They really are wanting to be state of the art, and they do a great job!

Review of Grand Villa of St. Petersburg Alzheimer's / Memory Care in St Petersburg, FL

This place is wonderful. They have so much to offer; It's a full time 'Resort'! They have a heated pool, movie theater, Ice Cream Shop, Tennis courts a spa and much more!! It is newly renovated and gorgeous! NOT your typical assisted living facility but so much better!!!!

Welcome to Grand Villa of St. Petersburg Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Residence in St. Petersburg, Florida. We're glad you're here! We are currently in the process of renovating and rejuvenating our new state-of-the-art Assisted Living and Memory Care Community. We are excited to show you all the wonderful features and amenities we will have to offer. As you explore our web site, we think you'll discover how Grand Villa can help you or your loved one get the most out of life!

Grand Villa of St. Petersburg is designed specifically for Assisted Living. Our spacious apartments will be inside a community filled with thoughtful services and generous amenities. Lifestyle options will include a continuum of care to provide peace of mind now, and also in the future should a resident's needs change. Our private, exit controlled Memory Care Neighborhood will provide services for those residents with memory challenges such as Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Grand Villa blends a vibrant independent lifestyle with the comfort of knowing you have extra support and care if you need it. Our community will offer many social events and activities to help residents get the most out of life. As you learn more about us, you soon realize that what makes our community special and unique is that we believe every resident is a respected member of our family.

Grand Villa is a home, a community, and a family. Our goal is to provide an enriching experience for every resident. We are committed to integrity, reliability and excellence. Thank you for considering Grand Villa. We hope you choose to join our family.