Island City Assisted Living - Eaton Rapids, MI

A Wonderful Community, My Mother Is Well Here

This is a wonderful community, and my mother is doing well with her move here. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. I'am comfortable with her move to this facility. I know she is safe, and in good hands. All of the staff is great. I have met the CEO of the company, and she is personable, and is very willing to fix any issues you may have. The community looks great when I visit, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are good activities available, and provide nice meals for the residents. The experience is working out well, and I would recommend this community to my friends.

The facility was very clean, the staff very knowledgeable, and the seniors that we saw all seemed very happy. If we are able to bring our mother to Michigan, this most likely will be the place we would choose.

Recommended

The facility is clean and welcoming and staff are friendly and capable. Mom seemed pretty comfortable there during her two weeks of respite care.

My Parents are living at Iland City and they seem very happy there. For me it provide a safe place and they are not alone. There are things for them to do. They are very well thaken care of. I would recommend this home to anyone.

My parents seem to happy there. I fell that they are safe and with others their age and now isolated at their house.

Wonderful!!!

Wonderful! We have had a great experience. The staff is excellent. My mother is very happy here. She says how good the food is. She is well taken care of. The staff is very open minded. It is always clean. Everyone is cared for very well. The biggest thing is that my mother is very happy. She loves her apartment room. It has been a lovely experience. It's in a lovely location They have many activities. The weekends are quiet time. They watch movies are Thursday's. They have beautiful patios outdoors where they have cookouts. They have an ice cream parlor that you can reserve when visiting. This community is lovely!

Very nice community

Overall they do a great job here, and we've been very pleased with their service. I'd give them top marks across the board.

They're doing good so far I think.

They're doing good so far I think. I've heard the food isn't very tasty, she eats it, but it's a little bland. I think their relationship with the doctors and the hospital could be improved, as far as communication. We thought it was very nice and clean and the price was good.

Island City Assisted Living is located in Eaton Rapids, a small city in the south central part of Michigan full of historic sites. The place is set in an attractive location next to a river, the bridge leading across which is as striking as the building itself. Services and activities are described in detail below. Residents at Island City receive all the aid that they need with the so-called activities of daily living, which include taking a bath or shower, going to the bathroom, grooming, getting from one place to another and having meals. In addition, we provide special care for those who have Alzheimer's disease or dementia, for whom we have specialized neighborhoods; respite stays and accommodations for couples; hospice; and physical and occupational therapy. There is more than one dining hall at Island City, owing to the strong emphasis that we place on dining. Good, healthy eating habits are encouraged here; we serve salads, fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, chicken, bread and pastas, all of which are prepared by chefs who work for us full time. Our range of recreational and entertainment provisions is as wide as it should be for any senior assisted living community. We have a movie room where films can be watched on a widescreen TV; on the walls may be seen advertising posters for many old motion pictures, including ôGone with the Wind,ö ôThe Invisible Man,ö ôKing Kongö and ôThe Wizard of Oz.ö Other entertainment facilities at Island City include a beauty salon, a crafts room and a bird aviary. Island City is an affiliate of McClaren Health Care and Eaton Rapids Medical Center.