Vista Grande Villa - Jackson, MI

Review of Vista Grande Villa

I've never been to another rehabilitation CNTR (I am now 71) so I was surprised that :
1. My entire stay was paid for 100% by Medicare. VGV is very affordable. The staff is very professional and effective.
2. I retired from a construction company. I used to help build banks, schools, stores, and... senior care facilities - but nothing quite this organized or luxurious. This place is huge and extremely well built.
Thank you.

Think about it

My parent was in Trellis Gardens for two and a half years. They couldn't even take a urine sample correctly and because of it she died from sepsis. The caregivers were supportive and nice but overworked and underpaid. We were told when we were putting them in their that they would be taken care of and that was a lie. Looks great from the outside but[Removed] on the inside for anybody that doesn't have dementia. Think two or three times before putting your parent in here

Trellis Gardens at Vista Grande Villa, the perfect place for your loved one with Alzheimer's

Trellis Gardens, the memory care facility at Vista Grande Villa (VGV), was the perfect choice for our mother who suffers from late onset Alzheimer's. Each resident has their own room and we were able to bring in her own bed and furniture. This helped to make the transition from her home to VGV much easier and less stressful. She has been there for about 1-1/2 months now and members of her family visit on a daily basis. The staff are always friendly and responsive to the residents' needs. Our mother and her room are always clean. From the beginning we were encouraged to bring any questions or concerns immediately to staff and have found them to be genuinely concerned and responsive. The memory care facility only has about 14 or 15 resident rooms which is one of the reasons we chose VGV (a more homey atmosphere). There is a TV lounge, dining area, small kitchenette, and enclosed courtyard for the residents to enjoy. Quarterly meetings with the nurse supervisor helps to keep us informed and to ask any questions we may have. I like that all administrative staff, from the director to the staff on the floor have an open door policy. Having checked out several care facilities in the Jackson area, I would say that the cost is towards the upper end of what I consider the normal range for Alzheimer's care facilities, but well worth the peace of mind and feeling that our mother is getting the best care possible. I am glad we chose VGV.

Awesome rehabilitation services

The rehabilitation staff is amazing! The nursing staff is also wonderful. Food is good. Only complaint I have is none.great place for rehabilitation. The apartment side are to pricey for us.

Staff is very helpful and area is comfortable for resident and guests

Clean Community, But Needs Improvements

My mother was here for a respite stay and it was a fair stay. I would say there are some improvements this community need to make before I would return. She wasn't satisfied with the meals. It is a well maintained community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. There are activities offered. The elevator broke twice while she was there. I wasn't totally comfortable with the care. I've placed my mother in other community's for respite care, and she has had better.

Care is exceptional!

The staff at Vista Grande Villa are delightful and are taking great care of my mother during her respite stay. The community is very welcoming and tidy. I have had a few meals with my mother here and it was very good. My mom enjoys the variety of food offered.

run away from this place!

Horrible place.....bad food...overall not a place for anyone who has their faculties. My parent went there and we did not read the fine print of the contract.. she moved in and disliked it and per the contract, moved out. Not only did she pay a high rent, she was penalized and lost a huge some of money from her buy in! Now 5 months later, her money was finally returned so glad she gotout. It I a depressing place and is poorly maintained as well. The staff has a dont give a darn attitude. This is not a active retirement community...this is an old folks home/nursing home.