I've worked in many assisted living facilities and this one feels like home as soon as you walk in. The environment is friendly and feels like family, instead of feeling institutionalized or too big to feel like home. The entire staff team does an incredible job and have grown so much with the new management company. Their hearts are really in it, and it shows in the care of the community members.

Great Memory Care

This is a great place to live! They offer Assisted Living as well as GREAT Memory Care.The staff is so knowledgable and helpful! There are always so many activities for the residents to be apart of and form bonds. Everyone works so hard to make this an awesome place! My family has had two generations stay in this community , and we have been very pleased each time!

A Great Place

This is a great place to be if you’re looking for quality care for your family member(s). The staff is very polite, well trained, and extremely helpful. The meals are wonderful and the activities are well thought out. This is a very friendly, family-like atmosphere. I would recommend it to everyone!

Friendly care

This is a great place

This community has been so helpful to us in getting things set-up for my mom. They helped us find her Hospice care and the additional care givers that are working with my mom. I bring my father to spend the day with my mom and the staff is so nice to him, they know him by his first name and they check in on the two of them during the day and then my wife picks him up on her way home from work. This community has gone above and beyond for our family.

Laura Blount

Thank you so much for your review of our community. We work very hard to provide compassionate, quality care and are so happy that you have had a good experience. I will be sure to share this review with our team!

Good Experience, Tour Went Well

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. It was a pleasant tour overall, everything went well. The community was nice, and clean from what I saw. The staff I met was polite, and kind. It was a good experience.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review of our community. We are so glad to hear that you had a good experience when touring our community. We hope that you were able to find a community for your Mother's needs. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you and your family.

Impressed With the Staff's Big Patience

My grandmother is still settling into the community atmosphere but she's doing okay. The staff do their best to make her feel comfortable. I have been pleased with the set up of the facility. I am really impressed with the amount of staff that provide care and how they have lots of patience. They have fairly good meals with decent variety to choose from.

Laura Blount

Thank you so much for your review of our community. I will be sure to share this review with our team. We are happy that we have been able to make her comfortable. We have also made some changes to our dietary department and are proud to offer more options and alternatives for our community members.

This place was very clean. The area where my mom would be looked good. I know someone who used to work there. They did not give me good feedback on the staff. It is important that the staff are able to take care of the residents and not be forced to work doubles due to workers not showing up to work. That seemed to be an issue at this site. The three stars is for presentation and cleanliness of this community.

Laura Blount

We appreciate your honest review of our community. We are now under new management that always puts resident care and safety first. I am happy to share that we staff higher than the state average, and we no longer have a mandation policy for staff, meaning staff are not required to work doubles. We have grown our team to reflect our value on compassionate care, and work as a team and family. Visitors are always welcome to come experience our community and family here at Prestige Way.

My sister currently stays at Prestige Way. She has been there for two months, and is ready to leave. She has Parkinsons Disease and experiences difficulty with mobility, and feels she doesn't get the level of care that she needs. I tend to agree with her. She may need a nursing home instead of assisted living, which is no fault of Prestige Way. My experiences have been mostly positive. Management is very good, and the aides try to help and are friendly while I am there, which is almost every day, but I'm not there 24/7. Any time I voice a concern, they respond to it. I will say the Memory Care house, which is where my sister resides, could use some additional staff.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review of our community. We appreciate any feedback that will help us to improve and provide better care. We do apologize that we were unable to make it work for your sister. We are under new management, and our care team works very closely with residents and families to ensure we are meeting all needs and putting appropriate interventions in place, as well as utilizing adaptive equipment, physical therapy, occupational, therapy, etc.

Not As Affordable As It Could Be

The pricing shown is not accurate from my recent visit to the assisted living portion. The least expensive is a rather small semi private room that has a small shared 1/2 bath. The base price for the room doesn't include care level or costs for medicine administration (which includes any OTC products) and the cost goes up quickly based on how many medications need to be 'managed'.
If you want to keep anything cold you have to keep it in the kitchen fridge and ask for it.
They have one shared roomy shower room which is tiled. It is a nice idea but didn't look as clean as I would like and I have concerns about sharing such a space.
The people we talked to were very friendly and informative. The views outside were nice.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review of our community. We are happy to share that we now offer an affordable, and competitive, bundled pricing. The pricing includes room and board, care services, housekeeping, dietary, laundry, and cable services. We do still offer a shared shower space, but it is designed that way to promote resident safety. We were glad that you were able to interact with our staff and had a positive experience.

Respite stay

We used Prestige Way for a brief respite stay for my loved one. It seems like a nice enough place overall, but there are definitely some things I think they could do better. The whole place could be a bit tidier in general, and food could really some some improvement.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review of our community. We are happy to share that we have been under new management since 2017, and have made a lot of positive improvements. Thank you for choosing us for your loved ones respite stay.

We are waiting for my sister to visit Prestige Way. She is DPOA for Health for our brother. Hopefully she will give the okay for him to move there.

Laura Blount

Thank you for the review of our community. I hope that you were able to move your loved one to the community. If not, we do appreciate you considering us.

Beautiful property inside, room numbers easy to see, cheerful decor, lots of windows, happy helpful staff. Jenna was fabulous - full of passion for her work, great information, compassionate and was a skilled listener! Outdoor space is large and secure with fencing, a fabric gazebo for summer, bird feeders, and both a raised garden and ground level garden for residents. Some rooms have a "jack and jill" shared bath. They have a memory care building that has the same layout so will be an easier transition if someone needs more support at some point. Really like the small 20 resident home because it has a loving family feel and it was obvious the staff had caring relationships with the residents. Some of the bedrooms are quite small but cheerful and clean and adequate. Common areas are roomy but not too large to overwhelm someone with dementia issues.

My mother in law was there in the Memory Care unit and the care was terrible. It was like she was left on hr own most the time. We found her bed with dirty sheets,she had other peoples clothes.They did not do the simple tasks like soak her teeth with a tablet,or put fixodent on.We would find dirty depends in her closet or trash can that we asked several times NOT to put in her room.I talked to a few other people that had relatives there and pulled them out also. They would not even cut her nails as asked. I saw [removed] care a couple times when there to see her. I would not put anyone in here especially since most of the ones there could not tell you how ther are cared for or lack of care.I guess maybe they aren't use to families visiting often as we did.We never had a visit without a complaint.

Laura Blount

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the experience you had with our community. We are under new management and are happy to be able to offer compassionate, high quality care. Our team is invested in our community members and many of us have personal experience with our loved ones in long term care. I do hope that your concerns were resolved. We now host monthly family get together's and encourage families to visit as often as possible.

So far things are going good.

So far things are going good. We don't have any concerns or complaints. The staff is friendly, and they keep it very clean. So far we are pretty happy with it.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review of our community. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience and I will share your review with our team.

Nice looking smaller residential community

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for my loved one. Initially I was very skeptical about residential care communities, as I didn't know if they'd be able to provide the same level of service that my Mom was used to from living in a larger community. However I toured quite a few of them and I ended up being very impressed with all of them (and we also ended up selecting one as our final choice!) The people here were so warm, and so present in terms of care. The whole place just had a very welcoming atmosphere. The staff were all very friendly and professional, and they were always available to speak and answer any questions or concerns that I brought up. If you were like me and have doubts about these smaller facilities I'd recommend taking a look! I was surprised at how much I liked them!

Laura Blount

Thank you so much for touring our community and for the review. We are happy that you were able to interact with our friendly staff and experience what a smaller residential care community can offer. We will definitely share your review with our team.

Absolutely do not put your loved one ...

Absolutely do not put your loved one in this facility if they are a fall risk. There are not enough staff on duty to keep your loved ones safe. There is no communication between management and staff. It is like there is no one in charge there, especially on weekends. Management is deceitful.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review of our community. We are sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience with us. We have had a new management team since 2017 and have developed a team (care staff and management included) that is focused on providing high quality, compassionate care. While we recognize we cannot prevent every fall, we do our best to put interventions in place to reduce this risk and work very closely with physical and occupational therapy. We are confident that if you had the opportunity to work with us today, that your experience would be much different. Again, we do apologize and hope that your concerns were resolved at the time.

Review of Prestige Way Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Holt, MI

The staff members were nice and this facility might fit my fathers budget.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review. We are happy to offer affordable and competitive bundled pricing while providing compassionate care.

Good care at a reasonable cost

Prestige Way provided good care at a reasonable cost. Staffing levels were adequate. The food was good. The Administration was always responsive to questions or concerns. My only criticism was that we never had any contact with the primary care physician who is under contract to care for the residents.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We currently work very closely with a visiting physicians group that are available to us every day of the week, and visit our community on a weekly basis.

Not a sense of community. D...

Not a sense of community. Didn't like long buildings . No.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant tour with us. We are a smaller residential community but are happy to still be able to offer the same services and amenities as other residential care communities. Under new management, we have also developed a team that takes pride in the compassionate care we provide and that our team is able to make our community feel like home. We always welcome visitors for tours and to experience our community as it is today.

My family and I are very pleased with...

My family and I are very pleased with the care our mother recieved. Our mother lived the for over 2 years as her Alzheimer's progressed. I couldnt have asked for better care in a more inviting environment. I will admit sometimes it did seem as though the communication could have been better.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience and we appreciate the opportunity to have been able to be a part of our loved ones life. We do still have a secure Memory Care Unit and are always looking at programming improvements to meet the needs of our current residents.

Very Uneasy

We took our father to Prestige Way initially for Respite on weekends. During that time, we were pleased with what we were getting as far as care, and needs. At least what we could see.
However, when we actually placed him there for Assisted Living, he fell within the first 3 days, and we were not notified right away. When we were notified, we were told there was no injury. After a few more days, he stopped walking. Slowly, we learned details, although it is all still unclear, as we got multiple stories. He had actually broken his hip, and was not sent out for an xray. We were told an x-ray was ordered, however it took a few days to get one.
I will say the staff was very pleasant and caring. Communication is very poor. I would have given them 3.5 stars based on the respite care time we spent with them. If I was rating only on our time when we actually moved in, I would have rated 1 maybe 1.5. I am aware things happen, however, patients should be sent out immediately if there is any chance of injury (he fell from standing height and nobody caught him-highly likely there was an injury). This really put a bad taste in my month, considering where he is now, sent him out immediately for x-ray just to be safe.
Also, when we discussed them working with us on a refund because we paid for the next month in advance, and he was only there 3 days before the injury and 5 days total, they basically told us no way. It's the 30 day notice. I think that was very sneaky, especially since they could have filled his bed when we called after we learned he had a fracture and told them he would not be returning. (Even if we were happy there, he had to go to rehab for at least a month, if he recovered from his injury). We got no support of any kind. Not even a call back.
Be careful what you sign. Read all details-that's where they said the 30 day notice is. That's fine-but after only a 5 day stay, you should work with families. To me, that is stealing from the elderly.

Laura Blount

We are very sorry to hear that this is the experience you had with our community. While we know we cannot change the experience that you had, our community today prides ourselves in high quality compassionate care. We are currently a state licensed facility and this is not the expectation of care that we set for our team, or the quality of care standards that we currently operate at. We have been under new management since 2017, and have made many quality of care improvements, including fall prevention education and interventions.

Facility would be good for ...

Facility would be good for Dad alone but will not meet Mom's need. Staff friendly, helpful & caring. Spectran transportation.

Laura Blount

Thank you for your review of our community. We are sorry we were unable to meet your Mom's needs. We do hope that you were able to find a good fit for both of them. Thank you for considering us as a home for your loved one.

LifeHOUSE Prestige Way Receives
Bronze National Quality Award
-- Michigan facility recognized by national program
for commitment to quality care --

(Holt, MI) – LifeHOUSE Prestige Way has been recognized as a 2013 recipient of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality award for its dedication to improving the lives of residents through improved quality care. The award is one of three distinctions possible through the National Quality Award program, presented by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). The program honors facilities across the nation that have demonstrated their commitment to improving quality care for seniors and individuals with disabilities.

“In an age of changing health care, LifeHOUSE Prestige Way has remained committed to prioritizing quality care above all else,” said Mark Parkinson, President and CEO of AHCA/NCAL. “This facility is an example of the great things that can be accomplished when we commit to person-centered care.”

Implemented by AHCA/NCAL in 1996, the National Quality Award Program is centered on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. The program assists providers of long term and post-acute care services in achieving their performance excellence goals.

The program has three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Facilities begin the quality improvement process at the Bronze level, where they develop an organizational profile with essential performance elements such as vision and mission statements and an assessment of customers’ expectations. Bronze applicants must demonstrate their ability to implement a performance improvement system. A team of trained Examiners reviews each Bronze application to determine if the facility has met the demands of the criteria. As a recipient of the Bronze - Commitment to Quality award, LifeHOUSE Prestige Way may now move forward in developing approaches and achieving performance levels that meet the criteria required for the Silver - Achievement in Quality award.

“This award is not simply a plaque that facilities hang on the wall and forget,” said Ed McMahon, Chair, AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Board of Overseers. “Facilities such as LifeHOUSE Prestige Way receive this award because they’re committed to the constant journey of improving quality care.”

The awards are sponsored by AHCA/NCAL Associate Business Member My InnerView, by National Research Corporation. My InnerView represents the true voice of nursing home and assisted living residents, families, and employees with the most insightful quality measurement solutions and satisfaction surveys in the healthcare continuum. LifeHOUSE Prestige Way was one of 361 facilities to receive the Bronze level award. The award will be presented to LifeHOUSE Prestige Way during AHCA/NCAL’s 64th Annual Convention and Exposition, October 6-9, 2013, in Phoenix, AZ.