Brookdale Delta - Lansing, MI

Brookdale Delta - Lansing, MI has yet not published prices.

Too Massive

I toured Brookdale while helping a friend find a place. I felt that the community was too massive and too institutional. I knew that it just would not be a good fit for my friend, so we continued looking at other communities.

Pretty Good Community, My Father Is Well

My father is doing pretty well since his move to this community. I do feel he is safe, and in good hands. The staff is good. They are friendly when I visit, and have been helpful whenever needed. The community, and his room are well-kept when I visit. Everything is going well for us with his move to this facility, and it is one I would recommend to my friends.

Care and love

My mom is well taken care of. They offer a lot of good activities for her to get involved in. She is happy with making new friends to have meals with. She seems to be happy with the meals. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Comfortable Living!

My loved one is doing good at the Brookdale Delta, she is adjusting well. She likes the meals and the food is in good portions. When she doesn't like something, they will make her something that she does like which is great. The staff and caregivers are all very attentive.

Receptive staff

This facility is very nicely decorated. It is so inviting when you walk in. In addition, the grounds are beautiful and. The staff is very receptive and eager to help. It seems like a very nice place all in all.

Satisfied overall

Overall we're satisfied with our experience at Brookdale Delta. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the people who work here do their best to help the residents. I do think they could stand to add a few more people to the staff for some additional hands-on help, but generally we are satisfied.

I posted a review in July 2014. I have become very disappointed with this facility over time. I have talked to management/staff/corporate/regional management and got no where. My dad liked the residents and the staff that assisted him. He (and I) are disgusted with the food. He started eating grilled cheese sandwiches NOT because it was his decision as management advised me. It was because the food was practically inedible. They have been informed that he could not eat cooked tomatoes. Still they wouldn't take a portion out for him before they added the tomatoes. Even the grilled cheese sandwiches were burnt quite often. I have watched many residents hardly touch their meals, and watch staff throw away 3/4 of what they served. I could go on and on. If you choose this place and find your parent become despondent over this issue, you've been warned. Can your parent eat lentils? navy, black or other beans? Chili powder, curry powder? Chicken I can't even cut? My dad is no longer at this facility.

Another beautiful property. LuAnn was very helpful and informed. The rooms are almost all the same layout and square footage with private bath. We did not meet any other staff when we toured so couldn't tell what the relationships were like between them and residents. Residents we saw were happy and content. Decor is lovely, warm, and homey and the facility was clean. Outdoor spaces are pretty with a rolling hill and paved path. No vegetable garden area. Price is comparable to others. They do not participate in the Michigan Waiver program.

Nice looking place, not quite right for my loved one

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for my loved one. This was a very nice looking place! The facility itself is lovely, and very clean and well kept. The staff were all very friendly, and happy to answer any questions I had. However, my loved one was having a lot of issues with falls, and I felt that she would probably do better in a smaller facility where there would be less walking, and she'd be more likely to have someone with their eye on her all the time.

Review of Sterling House of Delta Assisted Living in Lansing, MI

A beautiful facility. Not very big, but very personable staff members. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. I scheduled a consult for 9/18/2014 @ 11:30 a.m. @ my fathers house.

A lot of ways they could improve

I haven't been overly impressed with Sterling House so far, there is a lot I would like to see them improve. The staff are friendly for the most part, but there are a few employees who are not so friendly. They also just feel understaffed in general, so response times and meal service can be slow. The meals themselves are hit or miss in terms of quality and nutrition, and since they are prepared in the facility next door and then brought over Mom said she and the other residents feel like they are getting the leftovers.
Mom also has not been able to get the range of therapy that she thought she could.

Great place

I am impressed with the care, facilities and cleanliness. The staff is friendly, helpful. My dad has been here for 2 weeks, I really appreciate the way they manage the facility and care for the residents.

A good place to be

Mom has adapted well to assisted living in part due to the care of the staff. Lance does a tremendous job with the activities he organizes; Mom wishes more of the residents took advantage of them. She loves the reading of the newspaper and she likes the shopping trips but wishes that they would go to smaller stores (Dollar Stores)sometimes rather than the big box stores (a little overwhelming,) The food is okay, but she wishes it was a little spicier and that the coffee was caffeinated! (She knows however that they are trying to juggle a lot of diet restrictions.) On the negative side, we got the billing confusion straightened out after worrisome number of days. And she wishes some of the residents would not complain so much - but the staff can't control that. Over all, I think she is pretty happy there!

Very bright, clean and comm...

Very bright, clean and common areas inviting. Close to work.

First morning there Mom's shower brok...

First morning there Mom's shower broke while she was in it, she had to wrap up with 2 towels while the maintenance man fixed it with her still sitting there. Other than that Mom loves the place and is very happy and wishes to stay till the end of her life her on earth.

Not a proper fit. Mom needs...

Not a proper fit. Mom needs more services.

Too small for Mom. She would be bore...

Too small for Mom. She would be bored within a day. A nice place, though.

Brookdale Delta is an exquisite assisted living community located in the capital city of Lansing, Michigan. Lansing is a vibrant city, bursting with exuberance and opportunity. Our city is home to two medical schools, two law schools, Michigan State University and the Library of Michigan. Lansing also boasts an active cultural scene featuring the Lansing Symphony Orchestra, the Lansing JazzFest as well as several theaters and museums. Everything about our city works to improve the lives of its citizens, making Lansing a wonderful place to call home.

Likewise, at Brookdale Delta, everything about our intimate community works to improve the lives of our own residents. Our residents enjoy high quality personalized assisted living services with a care plan that is regularly reviewed to meet changing needs. Our staff is highly trained and available around the clock to help as needed while encouraging independence and respecting the privacy of residents.

Residents at Brookdale Delta enjoy the following services and amenities in our stunning, home-like community:

Private apartment homes with ample common areas to entertain and socialize
An accessible community for residents with limited mobility
Assistance with activities of daily living
Vibrant and diverse activities schedule tailored to the interests of residents
Regular personal housekeeping and laundry services
Professional nurses on call around the clock