Independence Village of Grand Ledge - Grand Ledge, MI

Independence Village of Grand Ledge

This community is very clean and inviting! I enjoy coming here to visit my grandma.

Independence Village/Storypoint of Grand Ledge is a great place to live. When I encounter the residents, they are friendly and happy. There is always something happening to keep the residents engaged-whether it be entertainment or games—Keeno seems to be the favorite for Independence Village residents and Bingo is for Storypoint.
Staff is always friendly and willing to help out as needed. I would feel very comfortable having my loved one live here at Independence Village/Storypoint of Grand Ledge.

StoryPoint of Grand Ledge

The facility is guided by professional and caring management and administration. This is reflected down through the peers by consistency of relatable responsibilities and the feeling that you get, of a genuine concern for the residents. It was also notable that the residents are treated with common courtesy, privacy and treated with respect. The cleanliness, organization and overall appearance of the facility, was one that comes with higher standards and expectations of every staff member that make it all possible. Kudos to StoryPoint!

Wonderful Place

-Friendly staff who care about every resident.
-Always clean
-Good environment to be in

Review of Independence Village

I am visiting my sister and I can just say everyone that works here is super. Very good care and very up as far as meals go. When I retire I would love to reside here. I love it and all the help is great.

Mom always liked it here and she liked the activities. Staff was usually helpful and the front desk people were always welcoming.

Review of Independence Village

The facility looks very nice the residents seemed happy. Staff was friendly.

Wonderful Place

I love getting to know the residents and they do become like family. The residents are usually busy doing activities that our Life Enrichment Director has planned.

Review of Independence Village

Where do I start? each and every member of the staff are outstanding individuals. I find them very compassionate and also tender when working with my mother. I would highly recommend Story Point to families looking for assisted living for members of their families.

Review of Independence Village

Mom enjoys being here, most of the time all is good. There are times there is not enough staff, mom has had to wait 20 minutes or more for help in the restroom. She love breakfast but is not crazy about lunches+dinners.

Review of Independence Village

Facility was clean and peaceful. Staff were pleasant. Dining area seems crowded.

Review of Independence Village

I look forward to coming here to assist my hospice patient. The caregivers are attentive, the building is clean to the atmosphere and is welcoming. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

Great Place! love the staff

Review of independence Village

Communication needs to improve. Other than that, this has been good for my mother. Nurse staff has been fairly/very attentive, which is great! Receptionist are awesome too! Always greet you with a smile!

Review of independence Village

The place looked clean, residents seemed happy, many activities seem to happen. staff seemed nice.

Review of independence Village

The food here is great, there are many activities that the residents enjoy and everyone is very friendly.

Review of independence Village

Great staff, wonderful activities, food is excellent. Everyone is always friendly and very helpful.

Review of independence Village

Great place to be, very friendly staff!

The staff is good, the food seems to be good as well. I feel welcome dwhen I come to see my mom here. When I need help someone is always there to help me.

Review of independence Village

Great place to be, residents seem happy!

Review of independence Village

5 stars! everyone here is very nice to me when I come in. Very good with residents, very attentive.

[Removed] has been wonderful in helping us with this decision...answering questions, sending pictures etc. we are anxious to close on our home and get settled back home in Michigan...

Settling in slowly

Independence Village of Grand Ledge is a very nice and clean community. I think this is a perfect community for younger people who start out in independent living then step into the assisted living aspect. It's a little easier to adapt and make friends. Everything is going well, she likes the food and she is starting to partake in the activities provided. She enjoys listening to the musical entertainment. There are a couple nicely landscaped courtyards to enjoy the outdoors, seating available to relax and enjoy the company of other residents, or sit quietly and enjoy the surroundings. I would recommend this community to others.

Very great place for my great aunt. She loved it.

Appreciate all the help we get.

Friendly staff. Beautiful. Clean.

Friendly, great care staff, good food, clean, awesome place.

Home away from home. Friendly neighbors and staff. Great food. Fun activities! Outstanding care givers!

This is a great place for my parents. They love the area, the building and the food especially.
We are very very grateful to the staff for all they do.

My aunt lived at this community for several years. The housekeeping staff did a great job.
Aunt [Removed] just loved the food and dining area. She loved showing her recipes with the chef.

They have an awesome staff and care for my mom. We are impressed every time we visit. The meals and service is over the top, everything is always repaired fast. Will be looking forward to your building when I need it.

Friendly staff, great food and fun activities.

My mom loves living at Independence Village. She enjoys the activities and having her hair done. The staff is wonderful and she was even allowed to bring her dog. Mom does not call me in the middle of the night anymore, like she did at home. We have peace of mind.

Independence Village is the place to be. With friendly, helpful staff, I felt welcomed as I entered the door. Cocktail hours with entertainment was rewarding and made all the residents happy. I can’t wait to visit again.

Could not have placed my grandmother at a better place.

Very nice community. The staff members were very helpful throughout the tour.

Friendly staff, great brunches, always feel welcome to visit my mother. Would recommend to anyone looking for a home for their home for their loved ones.

No Complaints, or Problems with this Community

So far everything is working out well for my mother since her move to this community. I have no complaints, or problems regarding this community. This is a lovely community with great people. The staff is very nice, and super friendly. They do a great job with the cleanliness of the community. This is a community I would highly recommend, it is working out well for us.

The place is very welcoming and all the residents seam very happy they always are smiling and friendly. When I go to visit my parents the staff is amazing very helpful and caring towards the residents. I thank them for watching over my parents.

The staff is kind, and Independence Village is well organized and well kept. They allow pets, which makes it feel more lively and connected to the world. I wish it had more walkable access to other places in the area, like stores and parks, but otherwise a very nice place.

I have lived here since 5-12-14 and I am just as satisfied with my apartment, the housekeeping and the staff today as when I needed. I miss my patio at home and the big yard and flower beds yet but the .friends for made and knowing I have instant help and care is a comfort.

Wonderful care! Mom was very happy here.

Our father has lived at Independence Village for 4.5 years. He is able to have a sense of Independence and all of the help available. Employee of IV show concern for his watching and are friendly and helpful. We are pleased to have our dad at Independence Village . He does however really miss watching the birds.

What a wonderful community. Working with a hospice/ home care company. I visit my patients here often and am always so impressed with the level of care the staff gives the residents. I always enjoy my time here!

People very friendly staff. Do great activities for residents – meals great. Highly recommended.

Very nice, clean location. Staff is friendly and supportive.

I love the excellent staff, residents are welcoming, many activities offered. Suffers for lack of repair.

All places need improvement. But this is one of the best.

Friendly, caring staff. Very clean.
Good effort made usually to provide appropriate activities. This is challenging, given various level of functioning of clients.
Food appears good, client happy with it.

Great people with wonderful service for my 89 year old mother!

A great place to shove your loved one in a closet

1. review exactly what "Home for the aged" licensure means.
2. Review the credentials, licenses and certificates of care staff...and turnover.
3. Food is the absolute lowest cheapest quality probably same supplier to the State's prisons.
4. Activities look fantastic printed out on a fancy sheet of paper...

Independence Village of Grand Ledge

I'm very impressed with the level of care received so far. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help if needed. The food here is excellent, and there are many activities. I would recommend Independence Village to anyone. Its bright and clean and most important, I feel safe here.

Received the help we needed quickly.

We had an urgent situation and needed a knowledgeable resource to help us.

We found that in Kathy and the entire staff at the new StoryPoint facility in Grand Rapids MI.

Since the facility had not opened and we needed to place our mother quickly, the staff at both the Grand Rapids and Grand Ledge facilities were able to place our Mom in Grand Ledge MI until the new GR facility opens the week of 3 21 16.

We will not forget the quality service we have received.

Treated with dignity

My mother moved into StoryPoint when her disease got too much for us to handle at home. It was a very hard decision for my siblings and I to make but our salesperson was so helpful and made us feel so at ease. After 10 minutes of moving in I knew we had made the right decision. The food was delicious and their was a ton of socialization.
Above all - they treated my mother like a human and not a patient.

She has since passed away but moving her to StoryPoint made her end of life the best it could have been.

For my mother-in-law

My husband and I visited StoryPoint this week for my mother-in-law and we were really impressed. All the staff knew every residents names when touring and it just felt like home. We are now looking at next steps of moving mom in, everyone has been helpful and supportive through this process.

So glad we made this move

I finally feel like I can be a daughter again. My mother had been living with us for 2 years and we finally made the decision to this for her. Every time I visit the staff is wonderful and smiling. Everyone from the nurses to the helpers know the personal details of her life!

One suggestion would be to send more frequent updates to the families. I always get a good update when I call or visit but I always have to reach out first. Would love to get email updates.

Overall very happy!

We have been very happy with the services at StoryPoint for our mother. We toured all of the facilities in the area and StoryPoint was head and shoulders above the rest. Since moving mom in, we have not been disappointed. The care she receives is excellent and we feel as though she is in very good hands. The building is always clean, they keep her room clean and the food has been very good from what we have seen. Overall a very good experience for us.

Alzheimers Services

My father in law has lived at StoryPoint for 6 months. We moved him from another facility in the area. While it is a little more expensive, the level of care he receives is a lot better. Very impressed with there staff and the building. It seems like a first class operation from top to bottom. Moving him was not easy and I wish we had just found StoryPoint to begin with. Alzheimers is a tough disease but the staff at this place really know how make it alright for families.

Great experience

We could not be happier with our choice of moving our Mom into StoryPoint. Our family looked at many options and StoryPoint was the clear best choice. We loved the building and the staff is so dedicated. We were blown away by the level of care and compassion we have been shown. It gives our family great peace of mind. Seems like most of these places are priced about the same. We made our decision based on food and care. On both accounts we have been very very pleased.

It's a really nice place..

It's a really nice place. The only thing that I would change is the care staff time. I think they should spend more time with the tenants for the amount of money that we paid. That area could get a little better. Other than that, It's a beautiful place. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are activities going on every day. I would recommend the Independence Village depending on what the person needs.

Seem very understaffed

Over experience with StoryPoint was not a good one overall. Although the facility itself was clean and nice looking, and the staff were very friendly, they just did not have enough people on staff to take care of the residents. Our loved one had a few situations come up where it was obvious he was not being checked on enough. I also felt like they promised a lot during the sales process that they did not deliver on once we moved our loved one in.

The environment in the community was great.

I felt they weren't really reaching out to get the residents involved in the activities, those who might not be as eager to get involved as some of the more social residents. The environment in the community was great. The food was awesome.

It's where my husband's mother is and...

It's where my husband's mother is and it's a different kind of style, it's a little more formal. She complains about the food, but elderly people don't have the same taste buds anymore so things that used to taste good don't taste as good anymore and nothing tastes as good as a home cooked meal. But they have a chef there and they'll try thigns and if you like them, they'll make it again, and if they don't they won't give it to you. It's as wonderful as where my mother's at.

Thought it was very nice, but did not...

Thought it was very nice, but did not like that most units did not have bathtubs. Liked the independent senior apts located on the grounds.

At Independence Village of Grand Ledge, life is as full as residents want it to be. Whether relaxing in their luxurious and private apartments, enjoying a game with friends in our activities room or socializing in one of our many other common areas, the possibilities are endless. Choose from our distinctive apartment styles and care services to find the one that best meets your needs. Offering Independent Living, Enhanced Living and Memory Care options, Independence Village provides many easy-living benefits, including:

•Full housekeeping, maintenance and linen services
•24-hour staffing with professional on-site management
• Savory meals prepared by our chef and served in our elegant dining room
• Chauffeured transportation throughout scenic Grand Ledge