Delta Retirement Center - Lansing, MI

Amazing Place and Staff!

We absolutely love this Community! With only a few days left in the Rehab facility for our dad, we were able to see an apartment the same day and put the deposit down. They just took over from there and figured out the placement even went and meet with dad in person, explained everything to him and made him comfortable with the move. They worked with the Lady from the Rehab and got all of the info, they needed including setting up home care. Thank you very much for going above and beyond for us!

The tour was nice. This place did not fit what I need for my mom.

Delta Retirement Center a Great place!

We have moved both my Mom and my father-in-law into Delta Retirement Center. They both have dementia. They are very happy there and were not happy to go! Delta's staff is very friendly and caring and and very helpful to the residents. Both have settled in and love the meals and activities. It's like sending your parents to summer camp!
I highly recommend this facility as a place for your loved one to live. We are having an all round great experience here.

Delta Retirement Community

This is a really nice facility. They care a lot about the residents and go the extra mile to make sure they are comfortable and satisfied. It is very clean with no stinky smells. My mom was reluctant to go, but now that she is there, she is very happy. I highly recommend this place for a loved one.

Deteriorating structure and unfriendly environment

My mother lived here for a few months. At first things were great, but after replacing the head chef the quality of food deteriorated rapidly. Special dietary needs were ignored and portion sizes became very small. Mother was told that she could opt out of meals and her rent would be reduced by $150....is that really all they budget for meals?? Particularly if you take into consideration the cost of kitchen and wait staff.

Bus that took residents shopping was not handicap accessible so even those that could not climb the steps could not go.

The friendly staff members (not management) were leaving quickly and newer ones were rude and inconsiderate.

For the price we felt it was better if she moved back home - at least she still had that option!

Followup on Beth Potter

We feel our Mom Both Potter is getting excellent care. Her little Aide Teeia is so good with mother. She seems to be accepting her place a little better and we realize it isn't like home.

She is always clean, room always clean, meals appear good and luscious and entertainment she likes.

Review of Delta Retirement Center

My mom use to live at this community and things went fine during her stay but it was not secure. Mom did not participate in activities but that was her choice. The meals were okay. I liked how easy it was to work with the staff but I am not sure if she was getting extra help.

Mom is loving it at Delta Retirement Center!!

Mom enjoys various activities at this community. She is always saying the food is so good. She is able to have her dog with her and I did hire a young person to come walk the dog daily. The community is kept very clean, the trash is taken out daily and they do her laundry. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

food problems

My parents have lived at delta retirement vented for almost two years. The enjoy the staff a great deal. I would say that they have several complaints about the food served. One large complaint is tuff meats. They say people can not even cut the meat often. They said people have complained but so far nothing has happened. It would be nice if delta realized that this population especially need meat cooked until tender and done.

Great Place!!

In the search for a place for our father my sister and i toured this facility. We absolutely love the the layout of the facility. It was very encouraging to see quite a few people involved in the activities and overall in the Cafe. We are very comfortable knowing dad will not be confined in just his room but able to make friends and socialize. We felt very well informed of what the next steps needed to be in order for dad to be able to move in. We are thrilled to have him move closer to us and enjoy our time together.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but Delta Retirement Center would have been our second choice!

Clean and simple. Older decor. Apartments are average in size. Manager on site was nice. Our overall impression was that the property was just average for the price and not what we want for our father.

nothing bad to say

The staff seems to be pretty nice, and very polite. Of the three times we've eaten there, the food has been very good. I really can't think of anything bad to say about Delta Retirement Center. It's an excellent organization.

Capable

Pretty capable, did not see anyone unattended, more independent or so it seemed, Clean, nice rooms, a little expensive. Not like a nursing home. Only thing I did not like was that the pricing changed in a month.

So far, so good!

My loved one really hasn't reported anything negetive back to me yet, so that is good! I've been told that the staff are all very friendly and helpful. I know that they do offer a lot of activities, but my loved one just doesn't participate in them. I have heard that the food is very good! Also, the communication with the staff is very good. Being that there are multiple family members calling in to check up on things, they never make us feel like it's an inconvenience to repeat any information. We chose them because they were in a good location for our family, and they had what we were looking for available when we needed it.

We toured the center and wa...

We toured the center and was quite impressed with the facility. If we (my father) agrees to go to a home, this will be the place.

Good luck getting someone to show an interest in why your there.

Cold people work there, rude, uncaring. Would never, ever refer or place a family member at this "community". Community means (or should mean): 1. a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.

2. a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

My husband and I noticed this facility was lacking in both of these areas.

Shoppers beware: Beauty is only skin deep in this place. The book you "read" is not filled with the content you may "see" on the cover.

Not as nice as others we vi...

Not as nice as others we visited. Rooms small. Didn't 'click' for Dad.

Delta Retirement Center

The experience of looking for a retirement home for my Mom was made a whole lot easier by the staff at the Delta Retirement Center. They were compasionate and caring.

Delta Retirement Center

Delta was very responsive from the first time I contacted them. For several weeks we looked at other places and continues to ask questions of all of them. Delta was always very professional, and willing to help us in many ways. Eventually we chose Delta, and it was definitely the correct choice! Ann is wonderful, and is always cordial, professional, and informative.

Very nice location, but not sure if c...

Very nice location, but not sure if care would be adequate

Five of us have viewed this, and we l...

Five of us have viewed this, and we like the 2-bedroom apartment. There should be plenty of space for them.

I liked the location.

I liked the location.

Our one story colonial building includes spacious studio,one or two bedroom apartments, each with living, dining and kitchen areas, private bath, generous closets and storage space. Barrier free and secure courtyard apartments with large patios are also available. Visit our community to compare your present living costs, including food; rent; utilities; automobile; maintenance; insurance; and entertainment. See why living at Delta Retirement Center is not only affordable, but will also give you independence, security and companionship in your retirement years.