Grand Villa of Dunedin - Dunedin, FL

• Memory Care Services
  • Respite Care

LOVED this facility and ends up my sister has know the lady that gave a tour for years. It was clean, well kept, had lots of places that our parents would enjoy such as the coffee cafe, movie room, gardens. etc. The apartments were spacious and super quaint. The only downside is that they do not accept Medicaid there if they require Memory Care and they both will in the near future if not right away upon assessment.

Mom has been here since January. Very impressed with this place. It is very clean, food is good, many activities for the residents to participate in. The staff is very helpful and friendly. You can tell that they all love their job. The outdoor space in the backyard is gorgeous. My family and I have no complaints. Mom is very happy here. I would and do recommend this place to all.

Not An Inviting Atmosphere

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. I feel like this community is ran like a business. The environment was a not homey atmosphere. I knew this was not the facility for my love.

Clint Dockery

I’m so sorry to hear this was not a good experience for you! I would like to invite you to visit us again - ask for me personally - and give us an opportunity to show you our best. We love and care about our residents very much and I’m so sorry this did not come through during your tour.”

Dawn Winder
Executive Director, Grand Villa of Dunedin

Very impressed. Clean fresh bright cheery atmosphere.

This was the first place I looked at. I was very impressed. Bright cheery homey atmosphere. Good attention to detail. I would feel very good about having my mom live here

Very impressed. Clean fresh bright cheery atmosphere.

Care for mom

The staff at this community are outstanding. This community is clean and maintained. This community is close so I can visit. My mom is happy with the variety of meals. The activites ae offered to her with the other residents. We would recommend this community to other families.

Very nice community, a little older than some we visited, but the staff was very friendly and we felt very comfortable there. My parents put a deposit down, but are wait listed for a 1 bedroom -- 4 ahead of us so not sure how this will work out.

Very good experience with this facility

Well I am fairly new to this and having to put my mother in a assisted living facility and I am going to be honest with you, I am very impressed with the staff and cleanliness and knowledge of the staff! I have been getting all of best response back from the staff and I am very satisfied with the people who are in charge of the day to day operation of the facility. They are making me feel like I didn't make a mistake on my part. I have been getting more than most people who are in other facilities and everything is up and above the price in the other places! I'm sure that I would recommend that facility for another families loved one! My mother has been only there for a couple of months and she's ajusting well there and fitting right in. I am hoping everything that is available to her that she's going to continue to be able to make sure that she's using all of the programs and takes advantage of them. I'm going to be watching the people and the whole situation very carefully and so far everyone has been great. Thank you for everything you do for my mom.

We loved the Ex. Director and how she was very involved with her residents. The residence was bright, cheerful and the receptionist was very knowledgeable and a true joy to chat with about the history and services of the place.
We still have to do more research, but this was our first choice if the price had been in our budget.

Good care

I am happy that my father in law is happy here. We like the staff that is very nice and attentive to his needs. He is happy with the good variety of meals. They do offer nice activities for him to be active with other. We would recommend this community to other families for the great care and value.

High praise!

The new director is great. When I had a question about the new doctor that was coming into the community he made sure I was able to speak to him very quickly. The staff are attentive, friendly, good with communication and are able to handle mom's condition. They are encouraging her to participate in the daily activities. The food looks good and well balanced. They just recently updated this community and I would highly recommend it.

An Enjoyable Community

It has been going very well for my mom. There's a lot of activities to do everyday like bingo, physical care, care volleyball, musical performances weekly. ice cream socials, birthdays, welcoming socials for new residents. a theater room with nice chairs and a big screen and popcorn machines. a game room with a pool table. WE have seen people get on the bus for outings. The food is very good. I have eaten there and paid a modest price for the meal. It is restaurant quality with many entrees and substitutions. Next to dining room is a cafe that serves coffee and tea with snacks and fresh fruit. The have a wellness center by dining room, they have residents get their medications from that area, unless they are sick. Mom's room is nice, she is pretty comfortable with all of her furniture. She can see out her huge window that has a tree outside. They also have a lovely garden with tables and chairs set up. Part of the garden grows herb that is used in the meals they cook.

Dad Is Doing Great Here

My father is doing well here at this facility. They are taking very good care of him and his needs. The community is well-kept, his room and the community is very nice and clean. I know he is safe and in good hands, They are providing him with great care. This is a community I would recommend.

Daughter

My mother has lived in the facility since Sept. and she really likes her apartment, except the shower stall is very compact. She is 92 and wishes there other activities other than bingo. She would like more outings also. The one issue she really has issues with are the meals. I do not know what the answer is, as it is hard to carter to everyone's wishes.
I do know that food and good food is all some of these old folks have. I also know that the cost to like here is not inexpensive either. I do want to state I live only 5 mins. from the facility and keep up on what is going on.

Very Pleased

My mother enjoyed her stay here, and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and the community.

Review of Grand Villa of Dunedin - Dunedin, FL

Nice inside however they did not give my dad the care he needed. He has a bed sore they are covering their tracks by discharging him from the facility.

Review of Grand Villa of Dunedin - Dunedin, FL

Real Nice place high turnover staff and owners

Brookdale Dunedin is friendly and reasonably convenient for me. Two out of twenty-one meals have been very good and enjoyable. There has only been one meal which I declined. I feel that you should provide nutritional information on the meals and alternatives provided. My room is difficult for wheel chair access. The doors open into one another and for one who has difficulty standing unaided washing at the bathroom sink is near impossible. There is no place for a hand grip. Lighting is clearly inadequate. A second floor room for someone unable to climb stairs is unacceptable. I know I quite a few negatives, but all in all the staff is friendly and helpful.

Depressing

Community Director was resourceful and helpful. Unfortuantely, since they did not have a model to show, instead she showed me a dreary, stripped room. She should have avoided showing me this since it left an unprofessional picture. The facility is very dated and ugly. Carpets are stained and the patients seemed distant. I would not recommend this place. It was depressing. Renovations, i'm told will be forthcoming and will be undertaken for a year.

very friendly staff

The staff at Emeritus at Dunedin is very friendly and accommodating. It has been a very good experience overall.

The only suggestion I would make is that since the facility is a little older than others, be sure to take extra good care of the cleanliness, and maybe look into some renovations to modernize the place a little.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have gone, they do an excellent job at Emeritus at Dunedin. It is a nice looking, well kept community, and the staff have all been very friendly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone else looking into senior care in the area.

We love it, she is really happy here.

We love it, she is really happy here. A little more variety in the activities would be nice. They mostly just have bingo and crafts, and movie night once in a while, and live entertainment once in a while, but she wishes there were more outings. She loves the food. They had the most reasonable price, and they able to help us set up ways to pay, loans and benefits we could apply for, other places didn't do that. Tracy was wonderful about soothing my concerns, about the transition. And actually the nurses have been better so far.

Very pleased with this place!

They're doing a good job here overall, my loved one seems very happy. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly and caring. She loves the food, and they've always got some sort of activity going on to keep the residents entertained.

I was very impressed with their staff, they are very helpful.

They are very clean and friendly. The staff is wonderfully responsive. The rooms could use a little uplifting, the residents rooms could be a little brighter. The food is very good. I was very impressed with their staff, they are very helpful.

Nothing Stood Out

They were OK, it was more of a location factor for me. I didn't find anything that was all that outstanding about it, but nothing horrible either. The only thing that I didn't like was that the lady that was giving us our tour was the head housekeeper - the marketing director should made time for that.

No Single Rooms

They only had double rooms available, and that wasn't going to work out for us.

Neighbors

I really liked the approach the staff takes towards care services and the reputation they have is really helpful. The location of this community was extremely convenient for me they are literally my neighbor and are located directly behind where I live. My mother says the food is very good and we are very pleased. The staff is just great, pleasant and always very helpful. They are very accommodating from the top to the bottom. We could not complain at all. Everything we have asked for has been granted. We are very pleased with Emeritus and would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

rooms were old outdate. cabinets and ...

rooms were old outdate. cabinets and tile old and chipped. no carpet in rooms.

Grand Villa offers lifestyle options that include Assisted Living, Memory Care, Personal Care, Respite Care and Senior Day Program. The different levels of care mean you only pay for the services you need and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!