Not a great place, cannot recommend

Cannot recommend for residents needing a high level of care. Price not the same as initially quoted and will keep rising without explanation. Facility is extremely understaffed. Care giver turnover is high & they are not properly trained. Typical wait is 30-40 minutes from pushing call button, and have experienced much longer. Rooms are not kept acceptably clean. Upon move in, walls were not painted, and dirty, old cheap carpet (even though bad for wheelchair). Workers have to work when sick etc. I think facility was better in the past, but there is not enough staffing, not enough skilled care givers. Overall poor communication. Focus too heavily on financial bottom line at expense of resident care. There is a class action starting up. Recommend to not sign the arbitration agreement.

3.5 Star Rating

The staff team here could work better on their communication skills. They don’t seem to have answers to questions. While my loved one first moved in, there was an issue with his mail. A birthday card that I tried sending in returned to me twice. It took them awhile to fix this, but as of now it has been resolved. Their cleanliness is not an issue; their housekeeping team seems to be on top of things. They also offer some activities. I know my loved one has participated in some art lessons. Another issue that I noticed is the friendliness of their other residents. It seemed to be a big issue the first month. My loved one felt isolated, maybe because he a little younger compared to the majority of the residents there.

not a fit, she would need to push a button to get assistance and she is not able to do that at this time, age is also an issue.

Nice Tour!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and have been very helpful in the moving process. I thought they did a great job with the presentations and had a lot of great amenities for all of the residents. If we can find the right room for her we will transitioning my mother into this facility.

Nice Facility!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff have been kind and attentive to her needs. I liked the open floor plan and all of the amenities that goes along with it. Overall it is a great place and I would recommend it to anyone.

I was only at Brookdale Irvine for 30 days due to some fractures in my back.
My stay there was very nice and they were able to help me get back on my feet so that I could return to my own home. I found the staff there helpful and friendly and my accommodation were nice.

The High Care Was Not Needed

I got a proper tour and they person who gave the tour was just fine. The community was suitable but I was not getting a warm, cozy feeling. The apartments were nice and the staff are very nice. However, I also noticed in the lobby, there were some residents who were getting heavy assistance. This was not going to be the right atmosphere based on the heavily assisted living I saw.

Not happy!

Mom has been a resident since April 2016. Although vigorously denied by management they are understaffed more often than not and as a result care is not the best. For example in just the past month Mom was left in the dining room for 2 hours after the dinner meal and only taken to her room when another resident heard her calling for help. Nebulizer masks with medication have been placed on her face with no one there to see she is ok while medication is being administered and then no one came to remove it throughout the day or check to see how she was doing (I was in the room and had to help her remove it during a choking episode and finally removed it from her after about 20 minutes) and she has been left in her room and not taken to meals. I should mention Mom is 100 and blind.

Kind To The Family

The tour we had a this community was a nice one. Everything went well. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. The community looked nice. They do a good job with the cleanliness. This is a good community, and they treated us very well.

This is a beautiful community!!!

I noticed during our tour that the restaurant seating was weird. The grounds are beautiful and they have a ton of trees. The apartment was super bright. The people I met were nice. We did not choose this community as it was a little to far away.

We Are Pleased

My husband and I am doing well here at this community, we are very pleased. They do a very good job with making sure everything is nice and clean. The staff is great, they have been very helpful and welcoming. There are many activities for us to choose from. We are pleased with the food. Kathleen from a place for mom was outstanding with all the help she provided us with. She really paid attention to what we wanted. I would recommend this facility.

Brookdale Irvine gets my recomendation!!

Grandma is settling in nicely at Brookdale. The only small issue I can see is that they have changed her schedule as it seems like there may not be enough staff to accommodate the schedule she was used to. She really likes the food and she is still getting settled in so she has not yet participated in a lot of the activities offered.

So far so good

Mom is still trying to adjust to things (especially since we are the first to have a shared room there) but she seems to be doing really good at Brookdale Irvine so far. The staff have been great and keep me updated on Mom's status since I live out of town. The times that I have been there the place has been very clean and the staff are always friendly and welcoming.The food is great and they have plenty of activities to keep the residents busy.

She likes it for the most part

For the most part, I think she likes it very well. She upgraded her apartment to a bigger size. She got lucky and has a view overlooking their beautiful courtyard. It is not perfect. There is not a lot of variety with the food, but they do have a nice salad bar. If they could work on the food at lunch that would be nice. She said dinner is the best part. The housecleaning is iffy. She said they do come in once a week, but they don't really clean thoroughly. She does enjoy some of the activities. The nursing care is 24/7 which is great. Things could be better, but they could also be worse.

My mother does not participate in the activities but they offer them. Based on the schedule they have they offer a lot of activities. I only wish they could be a little bit cheaper than what they are.

No Improvements

There is just really nothing that comes to mind about anything that the Brookdale Irvine can make any improvements on. I think that the facility is an alright place for my loved one to be staying at right now.

Really great

They are really great, but there are just a few possible inconsistencies. There was an instance where the sheets were not changed. I really trust them much more than the other facility my Mom was at. When I have a concern about anything they act on it fast. They are very careful when it comes to my Mom's health and that is amazing!

could improve by better communicating some of the services

I think Brookdale Irvine could improve by better communicating some of the services they provide. I had trouble with mom getting showers. She does not like taking them. Other than that everything is going really well here.

Good Experience Overall

They took really good care of my mother-in-law. They did a good job, they got her involved with the other people in order to make her feel like family. That was very kind of them. The food was very good, everybody was very nice. Overall the experience was good.

My friend lives here, and he really seems to like it so far.

My friend lives here, and he really seems to like it so far. He hasn't had any major complaints so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. He is happy here, it really seems to be working out for him.

Geat and Friendly

I think the staff is great and helpful. They always have a smile on their face. They greet you with your name. The residents introduced their selves and welcomed us here. The residents seemed very happy. We have not moved in yet, but we are looking forward to it!

tired facility; not impressive. acceptable.

OK facility that would be much better with staff training

My parents live here and are quite comfortable. The facility is built around a garden, which is great. But it is getting a bit worn, as the other reviews note. The rooms on the ground floor have patios, which allow the residents to enjoy the garden.
The staff are nice people, but there's not much training or oversight of their work. My mom needed help bathing and going to the restroom, and sometimes they showed up when they said they would, and sometimes she was left waiting for several hours. New people would come every day, and this was hard on her--being helped by strangers who did not know her circumstances. The dining staff are not well trained--they don't really understand what the residents are ordering, and their hygiene is not great (e.g., dirty hands).
In general, this is an OK facility, but with more staff training it could be much better.

Louis, seems to like this o...

Louis, seems to like this one. He is considering a visit in the near future.

This was my first choice, I loved the people here.

This was my first choice, I loved the people here. It really felt like a resort. I liked the open dining area. I think it was a little too large for my mother. I think that it would have been a difficult walk to get to the dining area for her. It was more expensive than another community we were considering.

not in the class of the oth...

not in the class of the others-no social programs programs

The facility is very nice and the sta...

The facility is very nice and the staff has been more than helpful during the transition.

This facility was very nice...

This facility was very nice. Large but more spacious and open and friendly. The units were very nice, even the studio. The outside area was pleasant and quiet. The dining area and common areas were spacious and friendly. The staff was clean and pleasant.

Not As Pretty

I didn't like this place as much as the others I saw. I didn't think the setting was as pretty and I didn't like the interior here as much. It was just a little more outdated than the others.

3 meals/day provided.

3 meals/day provided.

this is the locale that was selected ...

this is the locale that was selected by my parents.

Likes the quiet setting near the park.

Likes the quiet setting near the park.

Nice place clean etc. Can leave for ...

Nice place clean etc. Can leave for a month trial without having to bring own furniture. That is a plus!

I liked this place too but if you are...

I liked this place too but if you are not on the first floor it is a long hallway walk to the elevator and down to the dinning room. I think it would be good exercise but my mom is not used to walking that far right now. I liked all of the activities they had available. The price was lower and the room was bigger but I didn't like the shower set up in any of the rooms I saw. I dd talk to one couple that had been there for four months and they both loved it.

Inn at the Park provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camarade