The Regency - Laguna Woods, CA

The best care gets expensive

A wonderful place for my mom and dad who are both 92. My dad is blind and the price of personal care keeps escalating as his needs increase. I wish I could keep them both there for the rest of their lives, but at $7,500 a month which could soon get up to $8,300 a month due to special needs my parent's nest egg is disappearing and will soon be gone.

I really like The Regency. I'm please...

I really like The Regency. I'm pleased with the staff and their friendly ways, the cleanliness of the facility, services they provide, and the care they give to my mom.

Classy place!

This place is very fancy. You drive up a hill to reach it, and there is a large sculpture in the drive-up culdesac. It feels like you are going to a classy resort. Inside, that feeling continues!

The dining room was absolutely beautiful and the decor reminded me of a turn-of-the-century/Victorian setting. They have the entrees they're serving throughout the day on display outside the dining room, like at a fancy restaurant. They have set meals, but they also offer anytime dining, which I really liked because it's so flexible. Visitors can join you for a meal, but they'll have to pay $5-10. They also have a private dining room that seats 10 that you can reserve.

All of the staff wear hotel-like uniforms. We didn't see any caregivers while we were there - I'm not sure if that's because they tend to cater more to independent living rather than assisted.

The rooms were all very nice and quite roomy. We were shown their smallest option, and it still had a lot of space to move in! I think all of the rooms had balconies as well. Most of the rooms either have a view of the mountains, or of the beach - nice!

The landscaping in their enclosed courtyard was beautiful. They had a pool and a putting green, too. We saw residents playing bingo while we were there, and it was a full house! They had a nice wall of photos/stories honoring the residents who were veterans - I'm not sure if that was just for 4th of July or if it is more of a permanent fixture.

There appeared to be ample parking. I also noticed out front that they had doggie bag stands, so I wonder if they allow residents to bring their pets?

Apparently there is a resident artist there. They have an art studio and one of the residents is an accomplished bronze sculptor. In fact, many of the bronze sculptures you see throughout the building are his! I thought that was really neat.

This place is unbelievable. It was a cruise without the water, a land cruise.

This place is unbelievable. It was a cruise without the water, a land cruise. I ate there every Sunday that our loved one was there, the food is amazing. It was the one of the only ones that could accommodate a respite stay. They were so helpful, I got the director on the phone on a Friday night, that's unheard of! I'd like to retire there myself someday. They all know me by name there. They are so friendly and helpful.

This situation really didn't end up w...

This situation really didn't end up working out for my loved one. They are very clean, and some of the staff are very nice - some are not so nice. However, my loved one ended up not getting the care they needed. They charge for everything here, and are not good at returning phone calls. The food is excellent and the area is nice, but things did not work out here.

The Regency

Very nice place to live

No Memory Care

This community was very nice and good. They were professional but they didn't have memory care and that was probably the separating point on it. Other than that everything seemed good.

Beautiful community... larg...

Beautiful community... large, bright, well appointed apartments. Less personal than Atria... Does not provide as many'assistance'resources as Atria.

Met with the director for an imprompt...

Met with the director for an impromptu tour on Friday when I was in the area. Very impressive community. She was extremely helpful. Definitely a top contender.

Director was wonderful, warm, friendl...

Director was wonderful, warm, friendly, my Dad would love her. Place was beautiful, like a hotel. Like how they use a car to take to Doctor appts. and then use the shuttle for the other places.

Very beautiful facility. Have more o...

Very beautiful facility. Have more options. We are considering this one further as well.

Imagine a lifestyle where every day feels like a vacation. A home where you are surrounded by an extended family of friends and caring staff. Days filled with entertaining social activities. Or days of quiet relaxation in the privacy you desire. Finally, imagine all of this in a luxuriously appointed resort-style residence. Whether you enjoy a leisurely stroll in a tranquil garden or a fun-filled workout in an aerobics class, The Regency has activities programs that offer something for everyone. Our professional, creative activities directors offer a variety of social, recreational, and cultural events that make it easy to enjoy your favorite pastimes, meet new friends, and stay active.

The Regency promotes an independent, active lifestyle. Through planned activities, services, preventative education and supervision, we work to ensure that our residents maintain a sense of freedom, while keeping an awareness for when intervention might become necessary.

Our residents receive a continuity of care under the guidance of their primary care physician. When appropriate, our team can also direct residents and family members to compassionate JCAHO (Joint Commission of the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations) professionals.

Because we understand that everyone's tastes are different, we take special care to make sure there is a wide variety of activities available - theme parties, live entertainment, movies, daily exercise programs, and more! At The Regency, you always have a choice.