The Groves of Tustin - Tustin, CA

Located in the heart of Tustin, the community offers spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments each with kitchenettes, private bathrooms, large walk-in closets and individual climate control.

Our Generations neighborhood for those with memory impairments offers both private and semi-private accommodations. Our specialized neighborhood includes a separate dining room, living room and outdoor patio for residents to socialize.

Freshly prepared meals are served three timed daily in our restaurant-style dining room. The dining room also offers a cozy fireplace seating area. Our community also offers a unique third floor theater room, large lobby with refreshments, intimate library with computer access and comfortable living room.

My husband loved this one. It is much more pricey than some of the others. It is smaller in the memory care and dad would have a walking path that is actually perfect but he would not have access to it on his own. It is close to the house and that is a plus. We dont think this will work due to cost and to the lack of accessible walking.

hi [Removed] and I popped into this place unannounced yesterday and had a lovely tour. Impressive like all the others. Decision is going to be based largely on location, I think. That has yet to be chosen.

Lyn's New Home

My wife has called this home for a little over three years and has been in hospice most of that time. She has aphasia and is in a wheelchair. She has been my delightful life partner for 57 years! I'm there every day for four hours to feed, and "talk" to her during my visit. I must say that the attendants have always spent extra time and attention to make her happy and illicit laughter from her during the day. The staff has literally become family to both of us. Any living situation like this for a mature independent senior is never perfect but this comes close and satisfies all our needs. From the Senior Director to the kitchen staff, they are all patient and truly kind and helpful. I credit my wife's very little change in her Alzheimer's symptoms to the love, touching, and stimulation at The Groves.

Great Place for mom

This is a nice community and the staff is very nice and caring. We like that he is in a clean community. They do offer alot of great activities that are helpful in a lot of ways. A nice environment that my mom enjoys with the other residents. We would highly recommend this community to other families for a good value for the great care.

Good community

My mother moved here recently and things are going well. She's getting involved in crafts and the staff is providing quality care to here. She complains about the food but eats all of it. We chose The Groves because we toured and though it would be a good fit for my mother.

The place seemed nice, although it's too bad that the memory care unit is on the second floor. Residents there have access to a small patio, but not the lovely garden on the first floor (unless accompanied). The rooms are large and the bathroom has a shower that doesn't require stepping over a tub or opening a door, just a small step with a long curtain. The eating/activity room is bright with windows, but the other room (TV room with chairs) is a bit small. The eating/activity room is apparently not used except when activities or eating are going on. There is a hair dresser on the 2nd floor. It just felt a bit like a hotel with long corridors and not a lot of open spaces. The pricing would put this at the high end of the budget. A single room (I don't think Mom would put up with a shared room) runs $5100 and the extra services (medications, occasional bowel accidents, help with dressing, showers 2 times a week, daily wake-up, reminders for grooming in the morning, escorting would run another $1500. We would need to provide all furniture and toiletries, as well as Depends, baby wipes, and latex gloves. The staff seem friendly and the inhabitants seemed well-cared for. The place was clean. It is full right now with two people on the waiting list.

Under Construction!

The Grocers of Tustin was under construction during my visit, so I have no idea what it looks like now. The tour guide that took us around was on time and very knowledgeable. It was just not the right fit at the time.

Very expensive!!

I toured this community for my mother to have a respite stay for a short period of time and I have to say I was not pleased with the prices they had given me. For the price they charged per month I did not think it was worth what they had to offer. I also thought the entrance fees to get into this facility was outrageous. Overall I just did not think this was the right fit for my mother and would not want her staying at this facility.

A short tour

I did not like this community. They added additional cost for little things. The staff could not answer all of our questions on the cost and she was not helpful on her answers. They would not reply back to us when we want to be involved in a small celebration for someone on the tour, we would avoided the questions we felt like we were being avoided. I would not recommend other families to this community for care for a loved one.

Pretty good but not great

My parents stayed at The Groves on a respite basis, after an extended hospital stay. They stayed in a bachelor-style room that had a mini-fridge, double bed, small table with chairs, and dresser.

They found the room very small after living in a house, and needed to bring their own microwave from home.

They had to ring a bell when they wanted someone to come and help them bathe or dress, and no one checked up on them without being called in.

They chose not to participate in the activities at The Groves.

They did not care for the food, finding it too processed and not to their taste. Some of the staff gave them attitude when they asked to have outside food reheated in the kitchen.

We found that some of the front desk staff gave us attitude, and were not very helpful. When my parents left, they gave us an inventory of medications, and some of the medications were duplicated, which concerned me.

By the end of their stay, my parents conceded that The Groves was probably somewhere they could stay "when the time came", but they were not ready to go there yet.

Friendly Atmosphere!!

The Groves of Tustin has been a wonderful place for my grandfather. The meals are good including the portions and the taste. I like that the community is kept clean and organized. There are activities offered on site for the residents. I would recommend this community to families it has been providing great services for my loved one.

5 stars across the board!!!

I have no complaints about The Groves. The staff work with us and are nice. Dad likes the food because if he did not he would not live there. I like the philosophy this community has. The community is close to me and that was very important.

I give The Groves 5 stars!!!

The Groves are a nice place. My mom is in the memory care unit. The staff are really good, knowledgeable and sweet. The food is good and healthy. They offer a variety of activities and they keep the community clean. I would recommend this community.

The Groves of Tustin is a nice place!!

The staff are courteous, helpful and good with my mom. The food is outstanding and the chef is great. The community is very clean. I don't think there are enough activities for residents on the younger side. I would recommend it but I would make sure it is age and activity appropriate.

The Tour Gave Me A Top Choice

On my tour in this community I saw that the place was great and well managed. The staff and residents all seem nice and friendly. During my tour I noticed the resident were pretty active all around. I did like this the most and added this community to my other top choices.

The Tour Was Good

Firstly, this community has limited parking available and not quite as nice as other communities I have seen. I also noticed there was not much staff around but for the staff I did meet they were nice and welcoming. I got to see the onsite-beautician which was pretty nice to see available. During my tour I saw memory boxes on the residents door, for the purpose to help remember family and friends.

residents and staff seem very happy. pleasant environment. didn't like so much that memory care is on 2nd floor. limited access to outdoor spaces

excellent care home

This was my first experience putting a relative in a memory care home. I have had several friends, and relatives have to put a family member in either assisted living, or memory care. I was referred to this facility by a certified care giver. I looked at several units, and selected this one as the best fit for my step-father.

He obviously did not want to go. There is a large staff to care for the mentally challenged. They are always upbeat, and attentive to the peoples needs. It is very clean, and the food is very good.

The high point is the caring people who work on the secured second floor. They are always upbeat, and interact perfectly with the residents.

I could not be happier with the environment. A great place for the value.

New Friends

So far things are going well for my mother at The Groves of Tustin. It is a good looking community and they a good job with the upkeep of the community. The staff are pleasant and very helpful with everything for us. I do not live in the same state, and the staff have been great with initiating calls about her so their communication has been great with me. She has made some new friends and it has been a good experience so far.

They are preparing for major construction and remodeling. Mom is allergic to latex and would have noise issues. Also the memory care access to outside is a frequently closed cement patio.

Decent place

The staff here is very nice and they seem professional. The building is clean and I have never noticed an odor of any kind. The food leaves something to be desired, but you can't win them all.

Nice place, food could use improvement

I think they do a good job overall at The Groves of Tustin! The staff is kind and helpful, and I think they do an excellent job looking after the people who live here! However, I've heard from my loved one as well as the other residents that the food really needs some work.

nice place but we have had to clean his room ourselves

The Groves of Tustin is a nice place but we have had to clean his room ourselves lately. The air filter was filthy when we visited. It is really dusty and I feel like we need stay on top of the staff as far as getting these things done. Especially with the amount we are paying them, we shouldn't have to do that. I know they are busy. We have had to remind them to clean the bathroom floors. Some of the plug outlets were loose recently and I had to fix those myself. The staff here are very friendly. If they would improve on the cleaning and the maintenance it would be a five star facility.

some room for improvement

When we initially signed up they quoted certain price categories, and it was a little foggy what the actual cost would be. Their billing is terrible. You cannot tell from the billing if you are getting what you paid for or not.

Other than that overall it has not been an unpleasant experience. My mother in law resisted it at first but she is coming around.

My Mother Was Misplaced

I was disappointed because they put my mom on the second floor which I found out has a reputation of just putting all comatose people and my mom is far from that. When I went to have lunch with her, not one person who sat in there could talk. She was misplaced, so I just took her out of there.

very friendly and accommodating

We have had a very positive experience with The Groves of Tustin . They are very friendly and accommodating. The facility is very clean and well kept, and they are currently in the process of doing a lot of upgrades to enhance the residents experience in the future. And I cannot possibly say enough about the caregivers there!

The staff is really helpful. The parking is horrendous..

The staff is really helpful. The parking is horrendous. There is no parking for visitors. The visitors have to park on the side streets in a residential area. Sometimes we have to bring home our loved one's laundry because they can't find her clothes. Everything else is very good. They clean her room once a week. The security is really good as well. They are always monitoring to make sure no one wanders off.

The care is good, but there are a lot of hidden charges.

The care is good, they take good care of my loved one. I don't like the hidden charges. They tell you they do certain things, but don't tell you there is a charge until later. They don't follow through, they said there would be an assessment in thirty days, and when I call and ask about it, they tell me we need to schedule an appointment, and they never do. There were also errors on our billing statement, and we had to have it adjusted.

Staff seems to really care about their residents

The people there are very friendly and helpful. The food is great. The staff seems to really care about their residents. The Groves of Tustin has has been a good experience for my loved one and I. I am glad she is happy here.

Very friendly Place

The staff is very nice and friendly to my mom and the facility is very clean. I give the property a four star rating and would recommend it to other families. Parking could be a challenge though.

Nice place, overall!

We've had a positive experience overall with The Groves of Tustin! The staff here are friendly and professional, and they've been very accommodating throughout the whole process. I would recommend them to others looking into senior care in the area!

The staff is very friendly and they are very caring for the well being of the resident and their family as well. They were very understanding in the beginning of the stress of the transition, always providing calls with reports of our loved one. A little concerned with the cleanliness and services, the restrooms could be cleaner. Some of our loved one's needs are not attended to as well as we would like. Overall, it is a great place.

Very nice people. Acceptable. Nice size rooms.

Cranbrook of Tustin is add great faci...

Cranbrook of Tustin is add great facility. It's very clean, and the staff is absolutely wonderful. They are always smiling, and they just care so much. The food is good. I'm very happy, and my mom is very happy. I highly recommend it.

Kind and friendly staff

There are many things we loved about Cranbrook (memory care floor). The staff was so respectful of Mom and truly honored her as a person. There were a variety of activities, the staff was very accommodating with special requests, and the whole place had a friendly, warm feel to it. Truly, I don't think finding a perfect facility is possible. We had a few issues here and there, but the staff did their best to work with us.

They have been so good to my mom.

They have been so good to my mom. But the food isn't a hundred percent great. As many times as I've been there, it's always been very clean. The staff is so friendly. For the rooms and the location, and the help, you can't beat the price. It's a very old building, and the windows are older, they don't have Wi-Fi, there are a few things like that, that could use updating. They have memory care on the second floor and it's nice that she won't have to move to another facility. It's a smaller facility so people can engage in a more social environment. They have had some staffing changes, the turnover rate might be a little high.

Great Activities!

Everything is going very well so far. I really can't think of any improvements needed! We mainly chose this place because it's near our loved one's previous residence, so it didn't disturb her "friend network". What we really liked was that the activities director is also a painter, so there's lot of art-related activities that they offer.

Cranbrook of Tustin

After three months of looking at different Memory Care Units we placed my Uncle in Cranbrook of Tustin. I'm happy to say he is happy there and the transition was much smoother than I thought it would be. Cranbrook takes care of dispensing and ordering his meds, his doctor comes to the facility and the staff also helps with showers and does his laundry once a week. It has been a transition for the family but we feel he is in a good place. My Uncle is very sociable and loves to be the center of attention and with a little coaching will participate in most activities. Most of all my Uncle likes the painting, dancing, gardening and gospel music. The staff is very attentive to my Uncle and will stop what they are doing to assist him. He is never ignored.

This facility was adequate,...

This facility was adequate, on the small side and close to a busy street. The apartments were nice but lacked a sink in the 'kitchenette' and seemed over priced for the space. The dining area was nice.