Vivante - Costa Mesa, CA

They Need To Show More Kindness

For the tour I received her I feel that it was proper and the community itself was fine. On the tour I was not get a cozy feeling. I was not feeling the love from the tour giver. This was not the atmosphere that I desired for my loved one.

An excellent place!!

Everything about this community is great. The staff are outstanding. They have things going on all day everyday and have movies at night. The food is excellent. I could not have picked a better place. I have noticed an improvement in my wife since she moved into the community and I would recommend it.

They Really Do Care

The thing that I noticed the most about them is that they really do care about the residents. They care about their happiness and their health and just everything and they are very responsive to their needs.

Vivante claims that it is 'enhanced living on the coast' I would say great living for seniors anywhere! and definitely a luxury retirement community!

Vivante is a place like no other for seniors to enjoy life! In researching a senior living facility with services, I visited 5 such entities within my geographic preferred area. Fortunately for me and my uncle, I had Vivante fall within my search area. Vivante was the fourth stop in my search and straight away, it rose to the top spot. The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, caused a first impression that was well substantiated by our experience thus far.
Upon completing my selection process, I had no doubt, that I had made the right choice. Cost being a factor, Vivante was slightly higher than the second and third choices, but the environment, amenities, services, menus, made it like comparing a five star resort to a cabin lodge!
Upon checking him in, it became apparent that the staff's concern for the residents is genuine. That the accommodations are top notch, His apartment is excellently appointed and equipped. The 2 door fridge, the stove, oven & microwave, the he'll never use, all top brand. The washer dryer in the apartment, a major convenience, that none of the other facilities provides.
Once we finished the move, we were treated to brunch/lunch, and that reaffirmed our assertion that the cuisine was gourmet and that they prepared the meals with fresh top quality ingredients.
After a mere week in the facility, my uncle is a well adjusted happy resident. He participates in a variety of daily activities, each and every day, gets to socialize with as many people as he encounters each day. The staff is impressed with how quickly he adapted and how active he is., after all he is only 94.
Every day he leaves his apartment for breakfast around 8 AM and does not return to it, until after dinner, somewhere around 7:30 to 8 PM, partaking in as many activities as peak his interest. Thus far he has not missed a single 'total body exercise class' to which he says, "I didn't think I could do that, and yet I can" Just this past Saturday, they held a dance, with a 14 piece band, playing swing and an assortment of music, to which he danced for two and a half hours. He amazes us, the place amazes us, as it makes his life worth living for as long as he has left!
Having friends with their parents in other facilities and comparing what they pay and what they get I am convinced that I did right by him!
I would recommend Vivante to anybody who is looking for an independent or assisted living faclity for themselves or for their loved ones!
By the way, I visit my uncle nearly every single day and I can attest to his claims and mine!

I am so happy here, I can't fault anything here.

I am so happy here, I can't fault anything here. The food is gourmet, and you can go in anytime you want, they have a few things to choose from, and a full salad bar. I am so thrilled with everything. I would absolutely give them the highest score.

Memory Care at Vivante - The Shores

We have a family member in the Memory Care unit. We toured several other facilities, this is by FAR the nicest. Lovely community with caring staff. Can't speak highly enough about The Shores at Vivante.

Cruise ship experience, without the water.

It is like a cruise ship without water, all the activities, the meals and services. I have met several friends and we laugh and have a great time. Everyone who works here is well trained and genuinely nice. It's like they like to work here and they treat the residents like family. The building is constantly being taken care of and looks like new.

Jennifer Kornmann

Thank you Deborah! It has been the Vivante team's pleasure to serve you. Your satisfaction means so much and we truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience :-)

Staff are Very Helpful and understanding

The people there very helpful. The staff have learned to talk to the older residents and understand their need. My mother-in-law is hard of hearing, the staff gently touch her shoulder before they start talking to her. They know how to communicate. At ninety-four she can be crabby, but the staff it does not bother them, it rolls off their backs. They also have activities and that she can participate if she likes. I cannot say enough good things about A Place For Mom. They helped us with moving her from Florida so she is here safe.

Warmth! Beauty! Attentiveness!

The Vivante is incredibly Beautiful, Clean, Active, and warm. My mother in law is here and the staff has taken incredible care of her. She was very tentative of moving because it was a dramatic change for her but she has adjusted well, loves the meals, takes daily trips, enjoys activities, and is taken care of so well. We looked at many places and felt most comfortable with The Vivante. Thank you everyone for helping out with her care and for being such incredibly, loving human beings. You have hit the mark for Outstanding Service in all ways.

Jennifer Kornmann

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your family's experience at Vivante. The satisfaction and well being of our residents and their families is our highest mission. We are delighted to be making a difference in your lives and it is our pleasure to do so!

Jennifer Kornmann, Executive Director

They did a fabulous job. She really enjoyed it.

They did a fabulous job. She really enjoyed it. It's clean and the staff is It's a great facility, Diana has been wonderful to work with. They are great! I liked the opportunity for socialization and interaction.

Not impressed, overall

Overall I have no been impressed with Vivante. The place just has a very industrial feel overall, there is not a lot of warmth. It feels more like a hotel than a place where people live. They initially placed my loved one in a room that was very far away from anything, and the only way to get anything more conveniently located was to upgrade to a more expensive room. I was also not impressed by the service in the dining area.

Join the Journey

It is scary when you are faced with having to make a life altering decision for another adult; especially when that adult is someone you love and admire. Having to place my aunt in a Dementia Care Center was a new and unfamiliar journey for me. Many of the places I visited were "old and tired", dirty and smelly or just not what I envisioned to be "home" for my aunt. Upon visiting Vivante and speaking with their caring team I felt relief. The facility was immaculate....like walking into an upscale hotel. The staff were friendly and knowledgible. While it is still difficult to remind myself that "this is for the best, for her safety" I am confident that Vivante is a safe, caring environment that will treat my aunt with the dignity and respect she deserves.

I don't even know if the highest rating is good enough.

I don't even know if the highest rating is good enough. They are amazing, it's a different atmosphere there. You walk in and it feels open and inviting, and the people are friendly. People are talking to each other and they seem lively. They offer all the same services as the other places, and their pricing is a little bit lower than the other places. Everything is new and so clean, even the studios, look like they have a full size kitchen. When I picked her up after a year, I was alarmed by her condition, but since she has been here, she is a different person. She doesn't have to worry about anything. The caregivers don't wear scrubs, They were Vivante golf shirts, and slacks. They are always sure to pay attention, if someone has been standing in the lobby for a couple of minutes they are right there to see if you need something, or if you have been helped. It's in an industrial area, but the grounds themselves are beautiful with a beautiful field of flowers, and walking paths. The dining room is open from 10-7 so you can order from the menu, and they have a salad bar that is super fresh. Everything is made to order and nothing is precooked. I would want to spend time there and I do. They are accommodating, and everything is great. There is even a stacked washer and dryer in every unit, even the studios, they just have everything. Even in the memory care side, the atmosphere is beautiful and open, and they have music playing all the time. I feel like they hire people that really care. No other place we looked at even came close. I've seen other residents who were on walkers and they aren't anymore, they are getting better, you don't come here just to wait to die. The human touch is noticeable at Vivante. Unless it's a money issue, I don't know why you would even be on the fence about this place.

Very high class place. Tami...

Very high class place. Tami is happy about this place. No large deposit and rooms are very nice with full kitchen and washer/dryer.Good staff and residents.

Beautiful

I liked Vivante a lot when we toured. It’s so beautiful I’d give a five-and-a-half. If you are a country club person – if you are used a country club kind of lifestyle, this might be a really good community for you. It’s just very nice.

Jennifer Kornmann

Thank you for your kind words Diane, I am glad you enjoyed your tour. It is our pleasure to provide the best in quality and care to our residents in a luxurious, yet affordable setting. We appreciate the time you took to visit our community :-)

Absolutely Wonderful!

It’s wonderful ! It’s absolutely immaculate. The care is excellent. Don’t pass look at this one – it’s in a light industrial area – so it’s a surprise that something so luxurious could be in this kind of area. They give everyone an iPad when they move in and give iPad lessons. They go on excursions to the beach. They play games, have social events. They have a town car to take residents places. They have beautiful salt water swimming pool. They have a wall of televisions. They have an artist studio.

It wasn't a good fit

They had great food, I don't think the placement was appropriate. I don't think anyone went there. I was in a wheelchair and there was not shower access. They had very heavy fire doors, I had no way to get in and out of the room. It was not a good placement. There are all kinds of things to do but it wasn't accessible. The staff was really really good, if I had been under different circumstances it would have been fine.

Speaks for itself!

We were impressed right off the bat. It has a great contemporary, modern feel -- it really feels more like a Hilton hotel than a senior care center! Residents are encouraged to socialize in community spaces, and the food is very very good. The staff is extremely attentive and they seem to want to please everyone. The place is brand new, so overall it is very nice.

Jennifer Kornmann

Thank you Scott. I know I speak for the entire Vivante team in expressing our gratitude in your decision to entrust us with your mother's care. Your family is a welcome addition to ours!

This community should reall...

This community should really be just assisted living. Far to fancy and spa like for memory care. Gives you the feeling you are paying for the look and feel of the place versus the care. This feels like a place for rich seniors who are not in need of serious care, but want to live in a retired, seniors community.

Jennifer Kornmann

We are very proud of our beautiful community and our compassionate and highly skilled team members. We believe every every resident in whatever stage they find themselves deserves a beautiful, comfortable setting with a choice of amenities to provide the best quality of life. We would be happy to provide you the opportunity to speak to current residents and their families who are delighted with the quality and affordability of their care and residency at Vivante.

I just want the best for him.

My loved one was only there for 30 days. He really wanted a more youthful environment. I’d give it five across the board and I wish he’d stayed. I just want the best for him.

Jennifer Kornmann

We have so enjoyed having your loved one here at Vivante. We look forward to him visiting the residents and team members who have become his friends, and ultimately his return as he shared he plans on moving back to Vivante in the future!

My parents love it and are having fun...

My parents love it and are having fun everyday!

Jennifer Kornmann

It is our pleasure to serve your parents Denise. We are delighted they have joined our family and chosen Vivante as their new home! It is so heartwarming to hear they feel their days are filled with fun!.

we are still in progress deciding if ...

we are still in progress deciding if this is the right fit for the parents

Jennifer Kornmann

Thank you so much for your recent review of Vivante. We value feedback from all of our residents, current and potential and appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. We are thrilled that you are considering Vivante as a potential residence for your parents and hope to welcome them at our community soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Look No Further!!!!

This place is amazing!!! 5 Star, First Class all the way. It's obvious that every aspect and consideration went into the development of this beautiful community. The staff at every level is just wonderful and very passionate about what they do. I truly enjoy visiting my mother and her fellow residents, I've grown so close to them all. It's great to see how much they all love it there. I don't have to worry about anything knowing that they are all in loving care. We are truly blessed to have had direction and assistance from Ed G. with 'A Place for Mom' and all those we met along the way. Thank you all.

seems to be in its own clas...

seems to be in its own class. Is the Mesa address a rea; drawback

Vivante is Orange County’s newest and most prestigious retirement community that is dedicated to providing residents with a healthy and active lifestyle that promotes a feeling of security, independence and peace of mind. We offer a variety of sizes, views and locations, with your choice of studio, one bedroom or two bedroom apartments that all include a full kitchen and washer and dryer. Your monthly rent includes:
*3 Delicious meals per day served in one of our four beautiful dining venues
*Weekly housekeeping and linen service
*All utilities and Wi-Fi throughout the community
*Free chauffeured transportation to local medical appointments and personal shopping
*24/7 Concierge
*24/7 Licensed nurses and caregiving staff
*Daily activities, exercise classes, FUN social gatherings and exciting outings to various venues
*State-of-the-Art fitness center complete with fitness equipment, spa and heated indoor salt-water pool

We offer both Independent and Assisted Living. All of our apartments are licensed for assisted living, enabling assistance to be available to any resident, any time on a personal, as-needed basis. We are proud to offer Memory Care in “The Shores”, also conveniently located on our beautiful campus.

Of course, the best way to get to know about Vivante is to come in for a personal tour and join us for a meal. This will really give you an experience of what our residents enjoy on a daily basis, in our beautiful, resort-style community. We are sure you will be impressed! From our roof-top deck, to our Cro's Nest Bar/Lounge to our Balboa Hall Theatre, it was all designed to create an experience that enhances your lifestyle.

Be sure to ask about our Holiday Specials when you call!

While our community may be new, our management team has over 150 years of combined experience in senior living communities. We are located 1/2 mile from Hoag Hospital and just minutes to Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza and Balboa Island.