Atria Newport Plaza - Newport Beach, CA

• Memory Care Services

Happy people

Toured this community and I am impress with what I’ve seen. I was greeted by happy residents and staff. The bistro was busy with residents doing activities. The community is vibrant. They said the bistro food is free for the residents. They have fresh fruits, pastries and variety of refreshments. I am looking for a vibrant assisted living for my father and this community did not fail. The activity calendar is filled with activities and couple of residents told me that they are happy Living in the community because it’s like one big happy family. I observed the name tags of the staff and I’ve seen longevity which means management must be treating them well. I was invited to stay for lunch. I ordered a cheeseburger and I must say it is one of the best.
The 1 bedroom is huge and it has a walk in closet. It comes with microwave and refrigerator.
The grounds are clean , the people are nice and the community gave me good feeling.

New Management - New Problems

Mom has been at the Plaza for five years. Atria took over the facility in [date removed] and since that time many employees have either quit or were let go. Currently the facility is without a bus driver and this position has been vacant for several months now. There is a bus that is being used from another facility, but the amount of shopping and outings have been cut drastically. They advertise limo transportation to appointments, but recently this was cut to Mondays and Tuesdays only. Unless you can get a doctor appointment on those days, you don't get a ride to the doctor. The full time registered nurse recently left and the position is currently not filled. They no longer take residents blood pressure when asked to do so. The residents are no longer able to order off the menu in the dining room. They are offered two entree choices and it is difficult to get something other than what is on the special menu. They are often told there is nothing else available. The guest parking is terrible and often nothing is available when coming for a visit. There is no street parking in this area. The laundry facilities on one of the floors has been under repair for several months now. They did recently get new washing machines, but they are not installed yet. Mom won't consider moving just yet as the thought is overwhelming to her and she has friends at the Plaza. She says she will tough it out a little longer.

Ashley Lee

Mary, thanks so much for the feedback. I understand you were able to connect with the Executive Director at Newport Plaza to get clarification or otherwise resolve the concerns you expressed. If there is anything else we can do, please feel free to contact us at [removed], and we will put you in touch with the appropriate person.

Inviting facility. Beautiful apartments. Loved the all day dining - no specific times for meals. Great menu. Beautiful excercise room with full time staff
All staff very friendly. Parking not good

We have a deposit there and appointment for Moms assessment on Sunday March 4th we will see how that goes!

Mom loved it here

My mom was living here in this community and it was always clean and kept up. The staff was friendly and caring. The memory wing hadn't been open very long and they were working on the staff turnaround there. But mom started falling a lot so we had to go to another community.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience having your mom live at Newport Beach Plaza. Our team works hard to make a positive impact on our residents and families. I am sorry your mom was not able to stay, and wish your mom and your family the best. Please reach out if there is anything we can help you with in the future. All the best to you,

Happy with this place!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff have been very kind to her needs and I am comfortable with the quality of care they provide her. She has been enjoying participating in some of the different activities they have as well as the dinning experience with the other residents. Overall things are going well and I would recommend it to anyone.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience moving mom into Newport Beach Plaza. We are happy to hear that things are going so well and that you would recommend our community to others. Our team works hard to make a positive impact on our residents and families, and it is always great to hear when we are succeeding. I invite you to reach out to me directly so that I may assist you further with mom’s transition. Also, please let me know if there’s anything we can do to achieve a five-star rating. All the very best to you.

Property is Lovely

When you drive up the outside almost gives you the feeling of pulling up to a small resort. The inside is right and refreshing nice colors on the walls. The landscaping is nice with some common areas where residents can sit along with visitors to talk. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience visiting our community. At Newport Beach Plaza, we take pride in our community and we are happy to hear our efforts and friendliness are recognized by our visitors. We look forward to seeing you again. Many thanks, Liana Foote, General Manager.

Not able to assist with transfers. Their representative said they would not be.a good fit for mom.

Chelsia Hart

We thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about your experience with our community. I am sorry we are not able to care for your mom at this time. We are happy to assess your mom and help find the right community for her. At Newport Beach Plaza, we strive to do the right thing and make a positive impact on those we serve and work with on a daily basis. Unfortunately, there are times where we cannot meet the needs of prospective residents and families, and we must be honest about that up front, so we do not waste anyone’s time. If there is any way I can personally assist you, please contact me, Liana.
Thanks,

Very clean!

My mother is still adjusting to the change. The community is lovely, everyone is very nice. It is clean and well maintained. So, far, things are going very well.

Still adjusting...

My in laws moved here recently. They are getting the assistance they needed. My father-in-law is doing much better.They have had a difficult time adjusting but the staff encourages them to participate in things. We chose this community because it is close to family and makes visiting easier.

Megan McDaniel

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well you’re in-laws are settling into their new home at Newport Beach Plaza. You put a big smile on my face knowing that the team is treating them well and that you’re feeling great about your decision. I invite you to reach out to me directly so that I may answer or clarify any remaining questions about your experience and/or our community. We are thrilled to welcome you to our family and community.
Sincerely,
Liana Foote, General Manager

One of our top choices of tours!!

This community that we had toured was one of our top choices out of all the different locations we had visited for my mother. They had a beautiful facility and a nice connecting patio for the residents to enjoy. We also liked that there was a smaller client base so there was more one on one time with staff. It just was less geographically desirable for my family and I then the other place we had visited but everything about this place was excellent.

It is THE place to check out - the staff is exceptional

My mother is in her 90's and did not want to move into assisted living. We checked out a number of places and felt that this was one that ticked all the boxes. The staff knows all of the residents names and acknowledges them every time they see them. The rooms are clean and adequate with a patio for plants and seating. The food is delicious and is ordered off a menu and beautifully presented. The activities offered are varied and very interesting - stimulating as well. The other residents are welcoming and helpful. There is a cafe to visit during the date for coffee and cakes or snacks. It is a safe and secure environment. She doesn't have one negative thing to say (which I must say is rare). I can't say she's happy about having to move but it is total peace of mind for the family and her health and welfare. No worries. Each day gets better!

I want to live here! Residents are fun, happy and vibrant and staff loving and attentive. So many activities and amenities. Seems a kin to living on a cruise ship. Perfect for an independent, social elderly relative.

The facility is very nice and the service is a four star as well. However, my mother in law likes [Removed] better because of the convenient built-in laundry room and the in door pool which the [Removed] does not have.

Very happy with our choice!

Staff is super friendly and helpful. Lots of activities for our grandma. Her studio apartment looks brand new and we get lots of help to customize to grandmas needs. We feel very safe leaving her in their hands and live to go visit her.

5 Stars And Great Food

Moved my mother into the facility after my father passed and isn't used to being alone. She has been there a month and loves it, celebrated St Patrick's Day at the beach with the facility staff. The gym and instructor are awesome. Meals are fresh and tastes good offer specials and variety.

Olivia Drury

Thank you for taking the time so share your experience. We are grateful that you chose Newport Beach Plaza and we appreciate the chance to make a positive impact on your family during this difficult time. It’s been a pleasure having your mother here and we couldn't be happier that she is enjoying her new life at Newport Beach Plaza.

Sincerely,
Liana Foote
Newport Beach Plaza General Manager

Very nice place, and Fran was very good.

We toured here and Fran was very good. They showed us around, and it was clean and the staff was friendly. My only concern was the level of socialization and interaction with the other residents. It didn't seem to be a good match for her socially, a great place though, just not quite the right fit.

Loved the one bedroom. Had lots of st...

Loved the one bedroom. Had lots of storage space. Two entrances to bathroom from bedroom and kitchen. Nice shower and room that can fit a big tv.

Activities - go to pier 3x/week, ab...

Activities - go to pier 3x/week, about 1/week to museum, theatre, ... average age ~80... about 80% are ambulatory. Longevity of staff: GM for 17years, chef for 20years 4 drivers, fulltime concierce Not many jewish - 4or 5.

Set on manicured grounds less than a mile from the ocean, Atria Newport Plaza is a vibrant senior living community where older adults can enjoy engaging events and chef-prepared meals in the company of friends and neighbors, and receive the discreet support they need – all backed by the industry-leading quality standards of Atria Senior Living.

This inviting residence offers independent and assisted living options, with studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments featuring kitchenettes, walk-in closets and private wall safes. Each apartment also features a patio or balcony. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities and services such as a salon, library, fitness center and an on-site restaurant.

For older adults living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia, Atria Newport Plaza also offers Life Guidance® – Atria’s forward-thinking approach to memory care. Residents enjoy exercise and social engagement in a secure, thoughtfully designed space with specially trained caregivers who focus on ways to help them continue to live a fulfilling life.

Every day is a new opportunity for fun, fitness, connection and creativity – and with a calendar full of events, residents can do what they love or pursue a new passion. From yoga classes, video game challenges and book club to lunch outings at the beach and happy hours on the rooftop patio, residents can be as involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in nearly 200 locations, 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.