Review of Hope Memory Care Center

My loved one was at hope for several years the staff always treated her with love & kindness. The community was always clean and neat. My family and I could not have ask for better care of our loved one. We were truly blessed.

Review of Hope Memory Care Center

My grandmother used to live @ this community. And while we still had her here with us the staff at this facility made me and my grandmother feel like they were our own family as well. If you are looking for a family based facility to place your loved one this would be the place to go.

Review of Hope Memory Care Center

My wife lost her ability to stand without assistance or to feed herself because of Alzheimer. Contacted several facilities but they could not accept persons with my wifes limitations. Hope center is a miracle. Their life using allowed them to accept my wide and it is a great place. I only worried about 1 thing- food temperature. I voluntarily feed my wife her lunch every day and sometimes the food was too hot and I had to let it cool off, but I noticed many times that some staff members did not test the temperatures before they fed the patient. I guess is is a matter of training.

Such a lovely community with warm and caring staff members. I know my loved one would be well cared for here.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love our residents and we feel privileged to have the opportunity to care for this beloved generation.

Above and Beyond

I absolutely love the staff at Hope. You couldnt ask for a better place to care for a loved one needing dementia care. The different levels of care make this the best of the best! Thank you to all the staff for all the love and care you give everyday! You all go above and beyond and the smiles on every residents faces show!

Wonderful!!

Wonderful place that really knows what they are doing!

Christina Trentham

A needed community of care

Very caring and loving staff. Experienced and knowledgeable in Alzheimer's care. Beautiful community.
Very special concept and design , beautifully furnished, clean, residents looked very well cared for. Everyone was busy loving and caring for the residents.

Amazing Facilty

My Great Grandmother was at hope for over 2 years before she passed away. She was always taken care of. She was treated like everybody's grandmother and never mistreated. The Facility is amazing with activities, care management, and communication. Management is always there to work with you no matter what the situation is. Would highly recommend this facility for your oved one!

This is a great place

My mom was in a terrible place. After touring and making a decision to move mother here I am more then pleased with the outcome. She is no longer over medicated and can stand with help. They take there time and walk with her instead of sitting her in a wheelchair. The staff will take time and answer questions when I have concerns. I would recommend Hope to other families that need help for a family member and peace of mind for themselves. Great Job Hope..

Blessing

Had a loved one at the Hope. All I can say about this place is that I am not sure what would would have done without them. We as a family was so frustrated, we had moved mom to six places and then we found Hope! It took mom about a week to settle in. The staff knew what to say and what to do with her behaviors. Could not have ask for a better place for mom. Just want to say Thank you to Hope and all the staff. You all were a blessing

Number 1 Assisted Living in Dacula

My Aunt was at this Assisted Living for 1 year & she loved every moment. The move was very hard for my parents as they wanted to keep her at home but could no longer physically care for her anymore. Hope Memory Care was a very home / friendly environment. The thing me and my family enjoyed the most was the monthly events they had. It was a time we could just have fun. Plus they have good food and amazing desserts at these events.

Must Tour!

I recommend touring this building if you are searching! This entire building is dedicated to various levels of memory care needs. I find it not only impressive, but very comforting, that my loved one woud be in an area with others that are sharing her interest/ability levels. The staff is obviously very familiar with caring for memory care residents and that seems hard to find these days! I appreciated my tour and the info that came along with it!

Do Not Bring Your Love One Here!!! -0 rate

i had a bad experience with hope memory center, the place smells like urine, even my loved ones clothes, they have house keeping but they dont do much work at all, what brought my attention is that i see all the CNA's doing all the work, for ex: laundry, sweeping, moping, making bed, foldingd clothes, showers, washing dishses,taking the trash out, feeding and serving the residents, helping the RN's take vitals, ect. if the CNA's have all these duties how can they spend time with the residents, the residents sit in front of the t.v basicly all day, they do have an activity lady but that is not enough, and they are also short staffed, and management sucks! we would like to see more staff day through the night, to better protect and supervise our love ones, and the house keeping should clean this whole place up and do the laundrey every day! so the CNA"s can have more time for our love ones,its depressing to look at every day, this place is not worth $5000 a month! very disappointed....

Review of Hope Memory Care Center Dacula, GA

My Mother developed dementia in Feb-Mar 2016. Within weeks she was unable to care for herself and I had a sudden need to place her in a facility. We, her family, feel very fortunate to have found Hope. The staff is extraordinary, and no request is ignored. Management is very responsive and the staff took excellent care of all needs. Mother would tell me (and I observed) their caring behavior. Most important: I would choose Hope again!

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking the time to review Hope Memory Center. We are very honored to be able to care for your mother. Please keep the feedback coming!

Every time I go to this community it smells like grandma house. The food is wonderful.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for sharing this with us! We agree the food is pretty darn terrific!

I have been to this facility many times, the staff are always friendly and nice. The residents are clean and neat, and seem happy. I would recommend placing a family member in this facility.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking time to give Hope Memory Center a review. We appreciate your feedback very much and always strive to exceed expectations.

Hope Memory Center is a god send in our community. The building is beautiful and always very clean. The staff is always warm and inviting staff seems to really care about the residents, and always go above and beyond to meet resident’s needs. It is a pleasure to work with the staff at Hope.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our lovely community. We appreciate your positive feedback and partnership!

Unlawful and awful!

They admitted my mom with false info from a non guardian who lied. After I and my mom made many requests for her discharge, they refused to listen. I had to get a sopeana from Gw Co to free her from the lock up! She witnessed visits from staff boyfriends at nite. Never allowed outside so the grand vision of space, rocking chairs os false. UTI and asthma never treated even tho she had her meds. She went from using a walker and cane to a wheelchair on 3 weeks! $5000 per month!? Put a camera on your elder until u can get them moved!

Shelley Hamner

We disagree wholeheartedly with your comments and are sorry that you feel this way. We have a solid history and an excellent reputation of caring for seniors.

Do not put your loved one here. Very bad experiience

Christina Trentham

We realize that although we strive to deliver the utmost quality of life for each resident, they and their family members each have different perceptions, likes, dislikes, and preferences. Communication is key, and we encourage all residents and their family members to connect with the leadership team often, participate in care conferences, as well as participate in the fabulous parties, socials, and outings on the calendar at Hope Memory Center. We hope that we may be able to help alleviate some of your concerns, however we cannot address items we are not aware of and would like specifics about your poor experience. We realize that we may not always be the best solution for every family. It is important to us that you feel confident in the care being provided to your loved one. We encourage you to speak with us as soon as possible about your specific concern. Please contact our Executive Director.

Nice Tour

I had a nice tour of the facility. Everything went very well. Everyone was very kind and friendly. The facility looked well-kept. It was a nice experience.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Hope. We love our residents and strive to ensure we provide the highest quality of care. We hope you will visit again soon.

Everything you want!

We absolutely loved this community. The staff was great and they were very helpful and the community in its self was wonderful. We got to see all the people out and doing things in the community which I liked.

Christina Trentham

Lots of improvement on my loved ones eating !!

Since moving my loved one into this community her appetite has improved immensely. She has been attending all of the meals throughout the day and has been enjoying her dinning experience. When she recently had to be moved into hospice they did an excellent job at making sure she remained comfortable and provided her with excellent care as well. They have really been taking the extra time to monitor her closely and make sure her pain level is low. I always see all of the staff doing there job and having such a positive attitude.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Hope Memory Care Center in Dacula. We love to hear the stories that our residents, families, and guests have while visiting our community. We try to provide an environment that meets the needs and preferences of our residents and families. If there is ever anything that you feel we could improve on, please don't hesitate to let us know.

I would not recommend this community!!

The first impression I had was not good. The entire community smelled like urine and the person that took me on my tour did not seem concerned about this. There is carpet throughout the entire community. This was not the right place for my loved one.

A caring community!!

This community takes care of residents that need all the different levels of Alzheimer's care. The staff have been extremely good with mom and the family. She thinks the food is really good. They offer a variety of daily activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our staff! Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is ever anything that we could improve on. It is an honor to make Hope Memory Care Center home to your Mom!

Not Sure

Having to make a decision on whether or not to put your love one in an assisting living facility is probably one of the most difficult decision a family has to make. I must say that we're still not sure we chose the right facility.
The facility is very short staffed. English is a second language for the majority of the staff and I believe that's has a lot to do with pay. Definitely not enough RNs.

We would give this facility a failing grade for activities. A monthly calendar list all sorts of games and activities; however no matter what time of the day you visit the residents are assembled in the front area around a television. This is day in and day out. It's really depressing to watch.
Prior to putting my love one in this place, we visited several adult daycare and I was amazed how the staff engaged the participants in different activities for hours. From arts & crafts, chair exercises, singing, bible devotion, etc.
The majority of the staff works very hard. They're friendly and seems to be attentive to the residents. We believe this facility has an executive director; however that person hasn't formally introduced themselves.
Maybe our expectations were set too high as We were hoping to have a peace of mind. Instead we're still left wondering if this is the right place.

So Far so Good

Hope Memory Care Center is a nice community. I have not had any complaints until recently. There was a situation with my loved one, I informed them about it right away. I have not had any issues since.

Mom is more acclimated at Hope Memory Care Center than we hoped for!!!

I have plenty of opportunity to speak to the staff, they listen to me and are very supportive. The administrator and Jimmy the maintenance guy are wonderful. The rest of the staff also go overboard to help out. My mom loves the food. I have nothing but good things to say about Hope Memory Care Center and I would recommend them.

Husband Getting Good Care

My husband is getting very good care at this community and we are pleased. This is a more mellow community compared to some of the other more active community's. He is doing very well and he is improving. It is a very nice and clean community. The staff has been very nice and helpful. There aren't many activities, but that is understandable. The CNA's are great at what they do. The food is good and tasty. They have a different set of residents, more mellow and calm. So I would recommend it if your loved one isn't very active.

Top Notch Care

Mom has been at two nursing homes. While the were fine in their care, the unique issues relative to a dementia patient were beyond their scope and knowledge. Thankfully A Place for Mom and Senior advisor provided us enough information to look at Hope Center in Dacula, GA. Their pure focus is dementia and Alzheimer's care. There is a complete turn around in her anxiety. We are confident she is getting the best care for her illness.

Very good experience all the way through. Did their best to make being there the best for my Husband.

I rate them a zero.

My father-in-law had about ten falls while at Hope Memory Care Center. The last resulted in a broken hip. I would tell others that the community tried to cover up his falls. We are very disappointed. We also could not get them to change the food, they would puree his food.

Very equipped for Alzheimer's patients!

I actually moved my dad to this place by default and was pleasantly surprised. We originally moved him to a different community and soon found out that they were not equipped to care for his particular disease. To make a long story short, we ended up up moving Dad to Hope Memory Care where the staff is excellent. It's been a great experience so far.

they do a good job

I think they do a pretty good job I have no complaints.

They Have Done A Good Job

I think they have done well in trying to get to know my husband. I think they have done well in trying to get to know his interests and tailor some activities towards that. I think they are very caring and interested in the family. They respond well to any concerns too. I think their communication is good as well.

positive experience

When it comes to communicating things with me they have done a good job at Hope Memory Care Center. Wherever there is a need to notify me when something is going on with my dad they have just been real good about letting me know. I have had a positive experience with them at this facility.

Went on Friday, July 31 for a tour. Liked the place, good atmosphere, very informative, and good resources available. Did not feel that this was the appropriate place for my Mom at this time.

I cannot think of anything else beyond what I rated the categories. They had great activities and it was easy to read the calendar.

Very pleased

I am very pleased with it. We looked at several facilities and thought this was the best one. The community is very nice. I am happy that my loved one is there and taken care of. We are so pleased with this place.

great

Everything they are doing is great. It does seem to me that they do just a few activities and could probably have a few more and wider variety, and include more people (at least make sure everyone knows). That is the only critique that I have and it is a minor one Everything else has just been excellent. It is a very home-like feeling with very friendly staff.

Review of Hope

Mom has been at Hope for about one month now. She receives good care; however, she is also in Hospice so she receives additional care. The one outstanding feature about Hope is that nothing ever smells like so many care places do. It is always clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. So far, this move to Hope has been a good experience.

nice

need to know that you have to supply everything, was not informed of this till after move in, a little shocking. very friendly staff.

They treated us like family

My father-in-law went in because of needing help, he has recently passed. They were terrific in working with us and hospice. They treated us like family and him with respect, the way the elderly should be treated.

Mixed experience

We've used them a few times for respite care and my experience with Hope Memory Care Center has been a mixed one. The facility itself is very nice, it is new, clean, and well kept. However the aide staff just really seem like they do not want to be here, they aren't particularly friendly or caring. Also, Mom's room was never ready when I would bring her for the start of her stay, there was always some aspect of the room they hadn't quite finished working on. It is also worth noting that not every room in this facility has a private restroom.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I was impressed by what I saw here! The facility was clean, the staff all seemed friendly and well trained, and the residents looked well looked after. I also liked that they had multiple levels of care, in case our loved ones care needs advanced.

nice place, meals could improve

It's my brother that's there in Hope Memory Care Center. I think, from what I have seen and heard, that they can probably improve on the meals. The people there are very friendly and it is a very nice clean facility.

Not a good fit for those needing a lower level of memory care

I thought they did a good job overall at this facility, unfortunately it just wasn't a good fit for my loved one. The facility itself was beautiful, well kept, and clean, and the staff were all very kind and caring. The problem here was that most of the residents were at a more advanced stage in their memory care needs than my loved one, which really limited his social options. It really felt more like a warehouse for old people, for the most part everyone just sat in the common room in their wheelchairs not interacting.
I think this place might be a good fit for someone with more advanced needs, but it was not a good place for us.

Wonderful place!

They did a wonderful job taking care of my loved one! The facility itself was lovely, and always clean, and the staff were very friendly and professional. All of the people that helped my loved one, from the care staff to the dining staff, were very attentive, gracious, and caring. They helped him recover enough that he was even able to tell them that himself.

No offsite activities offer...

No offsite activities offered. Rachel was very nice and helpful.

Very pleased with the service

We've been very pleased with the service provided here so far. It's a nice looking community, it's well lit and open and has a good feel to it. I also like the way the facility is arranged, it is split into 4 groupings, based on care needs, and each grouping has an spacious community area where the residents can interact and socialize. The management has been very easy to work with, which is a nice change from the location we'd be using before.

It has been great for my father and for us.

WE are taking one day at a time with the help of the great staff a Hope Memory Care. They have been God sent for our family.

The transition was easy for my dad an...

The transition was easy for my dad and we feel he is being well cared for and they are meeting his social, physical and emotional needs. We are informed and also they ask for information that will help them meet his needs.

Rooms were really small

This was a relatively new facility, probably 2 years old. They were really nice, I took mom over there to see if she liked it and she really liked it. The only thing about it is the rooms are really, really small. She would not have been able to bring her bedroom furniture in. I don't know what they were thinking building a room for an adult that couldn't fit a full size bed; I don't know any adults who sleep on twin beds.

Spent 2 hours there. Very impressive...

Spent 2 hours there. Very impressive. Bob burch was extremely helpful. Met residents. Very organized and efficient. Very well designed with residents needs in mind. I would have no hesitation leaving grandmother there. Top notch. Beautiful, appropriate amenities. Very secure while maintaining very appealing ambiance. Private pay only.

A++. Loved everything about this pla...

A++. Loved everything about this place. Different communities for different levels. Immaculate.

Hope is a family owned community with a new approach to memory care. We are located close to Lawrenceville Airport and Gwinnett Medical Center.

Our Executive Director, Donna Sharp has worked as a Nurse in geriatric care for over 25 years. She has been an Executive Director of assisted living communities for the past 6 years.

We are an easy commute to HWY 316, Winder Hwy(29), I-85 and I-985. Hope is located in Gwinnett County and serves Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Winder, Monroe, Athens Conyers, Hoschton and the surrounding area.