Homewood Heights Assisted Living - Milwaukie, OR

Mom's New Home

My 92 year old mother moved into Homewood Heights July 6th. She had lived in her private home for over 67 years and alone for the last 11 years. This was a huge change for her. But Melody, Nancy, Sharon and the entire staff, kitchen, care givers and maintenance have been wonderful in making her feel welcome and cared for. She has met many of the other residents who are fun and seem anxious to get to know her. My mother has an eating difficulty and Ricio, the head chef, has wonderfully accommodated this and she is now eating more and gaining back her strength.
Thank you all HOMEWOOD HEIGHTS.

No real common area

It's assisted living but I didn't care for the fact that she would have to use an elevator and she gets off an elevator and she forgets where she's going, but mostly, although they're nice rooms, if you want to visit with someone in the common area, there isn't one. If you want to sit in the lobby areas, there isn't much there, they have one chair on each side of the elevator and in a little alcove there's some seats but I really didn't think she would like that one very well.

Views of the Outside

My parents are doing wonderfully at Homewood Heights. I like that they are smaller than the bigger communities. It gives a little bit more of a one-on-one feel. They staff work with us and everything is fine.

My parents like the food really well and I like that there is a door on their apartment that goes to the outside world and it has a decent view. Some places don't have any reference to the outside besides a small courtyard.

Definitely second on our list. Very ...

Definitely second on our list. Very nice people, beautiful facility and lots of activities.

nice people, nice rooms

nice people, nice rooms

Grandma's friend was here. Nice place...

Grandma's friend was here. Nice place but rooms are small.

Homewood Heights is a small cozy community consisting of 44 apartment suites including, studio, one and two bedrooms. We are located just off McLoughlin Boulevard and have one of the most beautiful campuses in the region. We are near shopping, transportation and medical providers. One of the major factors that make Homewood such a desirable assisted living is our stability. We are family owned and have caregivers and medication aids who have been here 10, 15 and even 18 years. In our beautiful campus you can stroll around the community and look at small wildlife, beautiful trees and flowers. Come and visit us - have lunch or dinner. Find out what we are all about.