Tanner Spring - West Linn, OR

• Religious Services
  • Weekly Exercise

Very Disappointed

I took a tour here, and I was very disappointed. I wanted to love it because it is so close to my house. It would have been so convenient. However I had a meal here and the food was horrible. I was there with other family members, and we all ordered something different, but they felt the same way about it. I also didn't like that while we were there, one of the residents wandered into the kitchen, and one of the aids reprimanded her loudly about it. In general, Tanner just did not feel like a happy place for the people there. I knew right away that it was not a place for my loved ones.

Susan Danielski

First, thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are sorry that your meals were not to your liking on the day of the tour. It’s too bad that we were not made aware of it at the time as we would have pointed out the many alternative items that could be ordered from the menu. With the diversity of people here in our community, it is important to offer a variety of meal selections. In addition to the main menu choices, we offer many different sandwiches, salads, as well as “fit options” at every meal.

In regards to the resident entering the kitchen area, I was able to speak to staff members that were working and found that the staff member that was assisting our resident was concerned for safety reasons as you can imagine and had spoken loudly to them due to their hearing loss. It was not their intention to reprimand them. The experience that you describe is most certainly not acceptable by our standards. We are sorry that you were unaware of the situation and took it in a different manner.

Need Memory Care? Keep Looking

There are MUCH better Memory Care options out there. The over-all "Facility Administrator" paints a beautiful picture for you. Makes a lot of promises that are not accurate. They have failed so may times with basic care needs I've lost count. My mom went hungry several evening meals due to lack of appealing food. I brought food in to serve as a back up but it always got forgot until I reminded staff of it. The residents are seen a lot of the time doing nothing or lined up in the living room in lazy boy chairs with their heads leaning to one side. It's really sad.
Staff spends little time interacting with the residents and they only do what is required or asked of them.

Fees continue to climb. But the care or ammedities do not. Furniture looks like it came from Good Will and last but not least the owner, [Removed] decided to change the room occupancies to ALL SHARED units. Two people, small room, $ 10,800.00 a month. It's all about the money.

Care for my mom

I am very happy with the great care that my mom is receiving here. She has settled in very well and has adjusted very comfortably. She is very please with the meals and the wonderful varieity. The community is clean and well taken care of. My mom likes the activities and the feeling of this community. We would recommend this care and value for other families wanting outstanding care for a loved one.

Assisted Living is Good. Memory Care Needs Work

We've been on the assisted side for few years now. My recommendations would be to watch your service points, anything of value discussed between admin and yourself, get it in writing. Meal time is extremely long waiting periods for residents. Care Staff is awesome, helpful and experienced.

We Just recently moved over to Memory Care. Staff is young and unfortunately inexperienced in common areas that they should be experienced in. For the additional $2500 a month to be over in memory care, the 7 - 1 ratio so far has not turned out to be worth the move.

Let's hope they quickly figure it out.

Very Nice Tour

This is a very nice community, and my tour went well. The community looked nice. The staff was very friendly and kind. There was many factors that played into where to move my mother to for the best care. We did have a good experience, and everyone was very kind. This wasn't the place for us.

Colby Strunk

Even though we were not the right fit for your mother, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for the chance to show you our community.

My tour!

This community was nice and seemed clean. The people I met were nice and they did offer activities. I was looking for a higher staff to resident ratio in the memory care area than they were able to offer.

Too much like an Institution !!

The staff was great and very friendly during our tour. I was not impressed with the community, it was too big and felt very impersonal. The bedrooms I also did not like they had a florescent light that gave the room an institutional feel.

Excellent location. Light traffic and lots of trees. Food was very good. Room layouts were good for one bedroom. Sorry that exercise equipment and sauna were removed for remodeling. The walking path was not fully connected. Had to cross the parking lot to connect to other side. Staff and Susan were great! Plenty of activities actually led by the activities director Patrick, who has been there 14+ years.

I would give them an A+.

I would give them an A+. They have done a great job for my father, and we are pleased with how things have gone so far. I think they even do just as well with the value for the money. I can't really think of anything I would like to see changed or done better.

Colby Strunk

Thank you for your review! It's our pleasure.

It’s a nice, clean, and well lived in home.

It’s a nice, clean, and well lived in home. Any complaints with the staff have been immediately addressed. The cost is comparable to other communities.
It’s homey, but not elegant, not sophisticated – it’s homey.

Good drive and little traffic...

Good drive and little traffic Marketing manager pushy, but likeable (Carole gray) more Missoula like than Bellevuelike homey and peaceful setting room a Would want a one bedroom herelittle small and cheap looking

Had a tour, studio is $2700 + service...

Had a tour, studio is $2700 + service upcharges for personal services - est $3250 / month for rent / service. Memory care onsite - private / semi.

the Director was very informative. Go...

the Director was very informative. Good information about VA help. One resident has the living room and one has the bedroom. Bathroom is near the door in the living room. No availability at this time.

Tanner Spring is a wonderful place to call home. You have the choice to select where you wish to live. Our studio and one bedroom apartments offer you the best of both worlds: independent lifestyle with friendly professional staff that provides support with dignity and understanding. With our expertise and knowledge in care, you can be confident that your social and care needs will be addressed. Scheduled social activities keep their minds and bodies active, while planned outings to town give them an outlet for shopping and regular social interaction.

Whether you are eating a beautifully prepared meal in our dinning room, taking a stroll on our outdoor paths, participating in a social event with your friends, or going on our bus for a trip to the store; Tanner Spring affords you the opportunity to have a “life, lived to the fullest!”