Best Family Care Royalton

Royalton Place is a great place everyone works together and communicates the building is beautiful and so welcoming the food is also great if you really want good care for your family this is the place they have assisted living and memory care i can never ask for a better place

Quiet lots of things for mom to do - liked the grounds and the people.

Community Relations

Thank you so much for your kind words. At Royalton Place we strive to make a positive difference in the lives of our residents every day and we love what we do!

NEGLECT AND ABUSE

I placed my friend here because at first it seemed so pleasant, clean, friendly and organized. It isn't! The turnover is ridiculous! This last year has been onc nightmare after another. I discovered a horrendous rash on my friends private parts that was so bad it was purple, blistering and even bloody! I spoke to the Ombudsman who reported the incident to APS. Its taken months for them to get it under control. Recently I discovered that her mattress was soaked through with urine all the way down to the boxsprings. It was so obvious, but they acted so surprised. The staff doesn't communicate with each other well. Her room is often unkept and the bathroom is dirty. They lose her clothes and don't seem to care what she looks like. I'm currently looking for a new facility for my friend. DON'T PLACE YOUR LOVED ONES HERE!

Kim Homer

We were very concerned about your review and have learned more about the information you provided by talking with our team. When this concern was brought to the attention of our management team a couple of months ago, immediate action was taken to resolve the situation. We have no current record of any recent concerns, but we find your reports of your experience very troubling and we would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you directly so we can learn more. Please contact either our Royalton Place Executive Director Amanda Bristow at [removed] or our Director of Operations Lorena Oropeza at 503/[removed].

Not a Good Fit For Us

We toured at the Royalton Place, and did not care for it. There was a smell about the place, and we felt that the person giving our tour could have been more professional. The dog in her office immediately sat in my loved one's lap, and my loved one is not a pet person at all. We also did not like that in the apartments, the bathroom was in the front of the unit, not off of the bedroom. We knew that this community would not be a good fit for us.

A Fitting Place

My mother-in-law is doing great, it is as best it can be for her. The staff and everyone is great. The meals and activities are good for the most part. I would recommend the community to a family or friend.

lovely staff and atmosphere. Beautiful. Small complex. Care seems excellent. This is not the location we were hoping for though.

Great looking facility, very friendly staff. [Removed] is a dream to work with. 4 stars due to unexpected higher cost. Overall a very nice, locally owned facility

My loved ones are very comfortable!

I would recommend Royalton Place because my loved ones have been doing very well since they moved in. So far, everything has been wonderful, the meals are good and they have housekeeping to help maintain their apartment clean. In the beginning, there was a little miscommunication with the medication, but it was resolved and now everything is going very well.

Best assisted care in Milwuakie

I am so pleased with Royalton. All of the staff are courteous, helpful and just wonderful to communicate with. My mother really enjoys this place and everything about it. She is 92 and was moved here in mid-March. I was so concerned about the transition for her, but they have all done so much to make that easy for her.
The residents are friendly as well. And actually fun to be around.
A great place with wonderful care.

I enjoy interacting with the staff and residents! I look forward to seeing the residents everyday.

Care for dad

We toured this community for care. The staff were nice and were able to answer our questions. The dining area was nice and they allow the residents to order what they want. They did offer activities for the residents to keep active. The community and well maintained. Families might want to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very nice assisted living area...

When touring the Royalton Place, I noticed that it was geared more towards the assisted living. The assisted living area was very nice but the memory care was just a hallway. I wanted a bigger place so she can have the freedom to roam around if she wanted to and the area in this place was not what I was looking for. Everyone was very caring and nice but the layout was the dealbreaker.

Great housekeeping Team!!

The housekeeping team has done a great job at keeping my dads room picked up and well maintained. They even do his laundry for him so that I or other family members do not have to worry about it which is a huge help. The overall staff has done a great job at making sure he stays comfortable and that his needs are being met throughout his day. I have no complaints so far about this place and would recommend it.

A nice place to look at!

This community seemed clean and I liked this community when we took our tour. They offer assisted living, memory care and respite care. I wish they had a higher staff to resident ratio in the memory care unit.

Please, don't believe their facade. Look elsewhere.

Don't be fooled. Royalton Place management is excellent at at creating an appealing facade. They make everything look really shiny and pleasant. It's not. They care about one thing: making money. If your loved one is relatively self-sufficient and lucid, this is not a bad place to be. If that is not the case, you're in for an experience like all those nightmares you've heard about...neglect, indifference, thievery...scary stuff. Trust me. We've had years of experience, and it took awhile to figure it out because they're great at hiding it. Through countless directors and management staff, one thread remained the same...an interest in getting as much money as possible and a disregard and blind eye toward abuse and neglect. Our mother is safe now and out of this place.

It Looks Nice

I am happy with the care that my mom has received from this community. The staff do as much as possible. The caregivers that my mom has during the day are wonderful help. My mom likes the meals she get here. Th community is very clean and nice. There has been some staff turn over so it seems my mom may need to go to the memory care but hopeful we can find a resolution. I really like the place overall.

$3500 + $900 1 bd can't do; iv, tube feeding and trach care; hospice is ok for this type; includes cable, wifi, meals, events, activities, transport to drs appt, once a week laundry and housekeeping. level of care adds for services you receive $2k end of life care; ea yr increase 3% for budgeting purposes.

It's a wonderful place to take a person who is dealing with memory care issues. The staff is extremely friendly and emotionally involved with the patients. They have regularly programmed activities that gets the residents out of the community in a sheltered way. The community has been wonderful!

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Royalton Place has been a good one, overall. The staff is friendly, professional, and really seems to care about my loved one. They've gotten to know her very well, which has gone a long way helping her adjust to the new environment. Our only real issue is that after we had decided on the place and were most of the way through the sign-up process they surprised us with a very large non-refundable "community fee", and we couldn't really get them to explain what this money was for.

Everything is great at Royalton Place!!

My step mom has come around to staying at this community and now feels it was a great move. I had a chance to try the food and it was wonderful. The staff could not be friendlier or more willing to help they also keep us updated on her care. Royalton Place is very clean and while she is invited to many activities she only participates in some of them. We know that we made the right decision by moving her into this community .

Excellent!!!

Royalton Place is excellent! My mom really like it there a lot. SH eis eating properly. The food is good, she has no complaints about the food. She is doing well being around other people. She does participate in activities which is such a good thing. They don't trat you like you're old there. It's a really good place and I would highly recommend it.

Memory care

Royalton Place was severely understaffed in the memory care department / kingswood causing the resident assistant's to work a lot of overtime and in return also causing resident's to not get the care they deserved. I would not recommend them to anyone I know and would never put my family in their care again

Royalton Place

Royalton Place is the perfect location and level of care for my Mom. My only complaint is that they will not do their job if she refuses assistance. She often refuses to have her room cleaned forcing ME to clean it. Mom does not understand the process and they listen to her! I have asked them to wait until she goes to lunch and then just do it. I think this is more a function of the specific housekeeper than the Royalton's policy.

The food is amazing. Mom is eating properly for the first time in years! I am quite happy, overall, with the care she receives.

Great Place!

My mom was really sick at the time so she didn't really participate in any of the activities. I only have good things to say about this place, if I had to choose it over again I certainly would pick them again. Great Place!

really happy

We are really happy with Royalton Place. His mom isn't that happy, she just wants to be home. That isn't any reflection on the facility though, that's just how it is. The staff has just been wonderful. They make sure she is fed, they clean her room and do her laundry. Truthfully this facility was cheapest one we found. We are really pleased.

Very Good Care

The person who helped us there was very knowledgeable and very thorough and did a nice job with the tour and answered all of our questions. We were confident we were going to put my mom in a place with good care.

We had a very bad experience.

When my loved one was dying they didn't have a call button, for over a week. They would bring him food with plastic wrap, and wouldn't even unwrap it for him. Another loved one moved into their shiny new memory care. No one knew what they were supposed to do. We had a very bad experience. The workers here work so hard, and they are friendly and caring, but they can't be everywhere. They are underpaid, and there aren't enough of them.

My personal observations and opinion.

Our mother has only been at Royalton about a month, so, a few of my ratings are still not fully formed, but, overall we chose Royalton after visiting several other highly recommended facilities for several reasons. The first being based upon my first impression. The entrance is both secure and welcoming, Tastefully decorated and very neat and tidy. Greeted at the front desk, the assisted living Lobby and lovely dining area resemble an inviting restaurant, well laid out to accommodate both residents and their guests with the ambience of a beautiful fireplace and low music playing softly. Everyone looked comfortable and cheerful. The staff was helpful, polite, and seemed to possess compassionate, and educated demeanors, all seemed to be very well natured and very aware of each resident's personal needs. The private wing for Memory care was/is secure, and very clean. I liked the fact that the facility is not over populated and the staff seems devoted, attentive, and quite aware of the unique, and the various natures that Alzheimers and Dementia patients experience. It is a heart warming feeling to know that my mother is safe, secure, and in the care of people who are educated in dealing with this devastating and heart wrenching disease. It is also reassuring to know that our family is welcome at any time and are encouraged to be involved in our loved ones life and care.

really friendly

The people at Royalton Place have been really friendly. I like the nurse there a lot. They seem very knowledgeable about memory care. I really like the fish in the fish tank as well as the birds that they have there. It is a very nice place that I would certainly recommend.

Royalton Place is tops!

When my mother was ready for assisted living, we were lucky to find Royalton Place. The staff here, from the executive director on down the line, were all caring and attentive to my mother's needs. The facility is beautiful and meals are delicious. Residents are given a chance to engage in various projects, exercise programs, and off-site activities. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place where their loved one will be valued and respected.

I was impressed with this facility. It was easy to find, a warm and welcoming lobby area, and staff. The residents seemed to have an upbeat attitude (which is a huge plus for me!). The facility and grounds were well maintained and the memory care facility had just baked cookies that smelled heavenly. The only drawback for me was the courtyard between the memory care units (there are 2, with 16 residents each) seemed on the small side

Wonderful place, very good food!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Royalton Place, my loved one is really enjoying himself here! It's a great fit for him, as he requires assistance but is still very active and social. They've got all sorts of activities, and a large beautiful dining room that serves delicious food! We couldn't be happier with the place, and would definitely recommend it to others!

Nice place, not the right fit for us.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking for options. It was a nice place, clean, and the staff was nice. It just wasn't a good fit for us, they don't have quite as much help as my parents would need. Maybe if they were a little more independent.

Expensive but lovely.

It's expensive, but we've been told assisted living is what we need. They have been very helpful, in trying to keep the bill lowered for us. They didn't tell us until after we moved in that there would be an extra charge to have meals pureed, being more up front with families about what the extra charges look like before they move in would be great. It's quite lovely, and kept very clean. We haven't had any complaints with the facility or the staff. The director Ann has been very gracious and helpful, but they have emphasized that as she gets older her needs will go up and the price as well.

Nice- small - no independen...

Nice- small - no independent apts- too far out

Short Stay

My loved one was only there for a short time, but it was an okay experience. Everything seemed very average. We felt out of the loop as far as the communication is concerned, and it seemed like the staff could have been more accomodating in terms of introducing everyone and being welcoming. However, on short notice, they had space, so it worked.

They did a great job

Our loved one had a short stay here, and they were very accommodating to her needs. Her care needs advanced swiftly throughout her stay, and they were very flexible when it came to the level of support of room accommodations. I would have no problem selecting Royalton Place if I was the one needing care, and I'd recommend it to others.

A place for Mom

I was greeted with a professional staff. Their building is beautiful and their love and service for my
Mom is great. I feel their prices are also great. For all they do it was the correct place for My Mom.

It's only been a week since they've b...

It's only been a week since they've been there but it's great. They make the people are coming in feel like individuals. They don't treat their guests as if they're in a big group. They make an effort to find out what they need - they give great personal attention to each resident. We haven't found one staff person who hasn't done this. The general manager and those in charge are constantly present, and we've talked to everyone from management to aides. No one's just sitting behind a desk.

I was very impressed that there's an RN on duty full-time in the memory care unit.

My father-in-law came from a facility that had many, many, many activities but they were planned for a larger population. Here there are fewer residents but the activities are well-suited to the residents that they have.

I was surprised by their administration of drugs to the memory care patients. You have to join their prescription group in order to buy their medications and their prices are much higher than what my in-laws were paying originally. There is an opt-out option though, and the staff was very accommodating when we chose to do so.

Community Relations

Thank you, we greatly appreciate knowing how you as the family feel. We strive to make this atmosphere as comfortable for the family as it is for the resident, while meeting all the cares needs of each individual. Thank you and your loved ones for choosing to call Royalton Place, home.

New community with private rooms

We chose this community because during our first interaction with the staff here they were very professional and went out of their way to help us. They had availability that fit our situation. The community is really new and they keep it very clean. They also offer private rooms so that was a plus. Joni Keith from A Place for Mom was really understanding and helpful and she followed up with me when she said she would. We are pleased with Royalton Place and would recommend it to anyone.

Provides 3 meals a day. Will not wor...

Provides 3 meals a day. Will not work for us but a very nice facility. No security at front door during week.

Our real value lies in the intangibles, such as a feeling of independence, peace of mind, happiness and fulfillment. Three nutritious chef-prepared meals are served each day in the elegantly appointed dining-room. It’s a perfect time for socializing with friends and neighbors. Our menu variety offers choices to accommodate residents’ special dietary needs.

Transportation is a key in maintaining independence. Which is why at each residence a climate-controlled bus is available for trips to appointments, shopping and group activities. Residents do not have to be concerned with the inconvenience of driving in traffic, especially during inclement weather.

Each residence has an activity director who plans activities both on and off-site. Examples of popular activities are movie nights, exercise and craft classes, and trips to local attractions, such as museums. In addition, residents can enjoy the game and billiards room, library, large screen television lounge and barber/beauty salon.

In each facility, nothing is more important than the comfort and safety of our residents. Each apartment features a sprinkler system and smoke detectors.

You won’t find any hidden costs or fees in our community. There is no lease or buy-in fee. In addition, all the utilities except telephone are included in the monthly rent.

Enjoy your retirement living and come visit us! Schedule your personal tour and complimentary lunch, we will show you our gracious lifestyle.