Deerfield Village - Milwaukie, OR

I have not been over there in over the year. He really did not participate in any activities, but the care was good.

extremely nice and caring

The lady who oversees Deerfield Village is an extremely nice and caring person. She is doing a really nice job. She recently took the place very from another person and are still in the process of implementing some changes. If they follow through with what they are saying then it is going to be awesome. Any time there is any issue they are willing to acknowledge it and address it. It is a really pretty place and they are doing a great job.

At first glance the property is wonde...

At first glance the property is wonderful and only 40+ rooms. That is where the wonderful stops: Negotiate your price early and well, because getting your money in my opinion is paramount on their minds. Do anything to get you in and comfortable, then after a few months the monthly raises will begin. My mother was there for about 15 months, if we had not moved her, her care would have gone from approx. $3600.00 per month to $7700.00 per month (more than doubled). It must be said, her need for care did increase, but double, NO! I truly believe the "get the money" attitude comes from in house management, not from senior management. I had cleaning issues on her and the room from the beginning. Food is average.
Keeping people seems to be an issue, while we were there they went through more than 4 RN's. If I had this all to do over I would take a closer look at a Foster Home, less money, better care. For the record, these are my personal opinions, based upon what I saw and what was reported to me by other family members.

Good Location

They seem to have plenty of activities. It’s real close to the senior center. The food is average. For assisted living, I’ve never had trouble finding a parking spot. The best things are that it’s close to the senior center and to north Clackamas Community Park.

Great service

The staff was excellent and the room was great. The care that was giving my mom was outstanding. I would recommended Deerfield Village to anyone. Thanks again for the excellent care.

Deerfield Village is tucked away in a quiet country setting. It is near shopping centers, doctors and dentists, vets, a big community park with the Senior Center, and the city bus just steps away. There is a creek, pond and lots of ducks and birds to watch. Deerfield is a small 40 apartment community, one level, with friendly 24 hour staff, snack bar, 3 meals included each day, laundry facilities, big screen TV, and gazebo.