Gilman Park Assisted Living - Oregon City, OR

Great place to live

Gilman Park is a true gem nestled in a beautiful, historic community within Oregon City. My grandmother was a resident several years ago and had an overall great experience. When my sister and I were looking for a new facility for our mom, we decided to investigate Gilman to see if it was still up to the standards our grandmother had experienced. After touring the facility with their marketing director, [name removed], we were thoroughly impressed! The facility is clean, bright and welcoming. After meeting several staff, it was apparent they are very qualified for their roles and genuinely enjoy what they do. We wanted to move quickly since our mom was currently in a facility that was rapidly declining in care and safety. As a result, [name removed] moved the process very quickly for us and their administrator, [name removed], took the care and concern to ensure our mom's move in process went flawlessly. Currently, she has lived there a month and absolutely loves it! She raves about the activities, food and both the staff and residents. I have spoken to several residents as well and they all say the same thing which is even more reassuring. I can't tell you how much a relief it is to find a facility managed as well as Gilman! At this point, I am rating four stars since we are so new to the facility although will return with an update when my mom is more established, and a few months have passed.

Frontier Management

Deidra, thank you for your kind review. We're so happy your mom has found a home with us! She's already become a strong part of our community here :D If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Improved

I have seen this community a few times for years and I nearly thought I was in the wrong place when I walked in today. The lobby is drop dead gorgeous, all of the staff are smiling and nice and welcoming. Last year I visited and the place was so sorry and messy. Everything is spotless and totally different now, the caregivers are fast and they aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. This community is right behind the hospital and Avamere!

Frontier Management

Thank you, N. Mason! That means a lot to us. We've made a lot of progress in the last year and our community keeps getting better every day :D Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review. Take care!

Wonderful!

This community is wonderful, clean and warm. I know that this place has improved over the last few months due to a major overhaul by new administration. The community is just beautiful and there is an amazing overall difference between what was and what is now, wow. I am amazed at what a different place this is! Residents here are happy and now have great care.

Frontier Management

Thank you for your kind words! We're really proud of the progress we've made the the feedback we've been getting in the last few months :) Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Horrible place

Just moved my mother out of this place. She had lived there for 4 years without any problems. A new corporate administrator is now in charge and the place has gone downhill. Many good staff were fired for unknown reasons, many are now quitting as well. The caregivers who are left are overworked and exhausted. Call lights can take up to an hour or more before answered. Talk to your local home health and hospice nurses for advice on good places for your loved one. Physical therapists as well. None I've spoken to would ever place a loved one here

Frontier Management

Thanks for the feedback, Penny. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at Gilman Park. We find this concerning to hear and would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further. If you'd be willing, Letitia London would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Gilman Park moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Clean Facility!!

The staff where very friendly and professional during our tour of this community. They where on time to our appointment and made sure to give my loved one and I detail look at there facility as well as provide lots of great information. The property was very well maintained and kept clean for all of the residents. Overall great experience.

Frontier Management

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Gilman Park. We're happy we could meet your expectations! We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,
Gilman Park

Very Nice Guy, Not As Nice Place

When I went to see this community It almost reminded me of a nursing home. I saw a room and the carpets seemed dirty. It also had an odor. It didn't seem like a fit for us but the guy I spoke with was very nice.

Frontier Management

We strive to maintain excellent business relations at Gilman Park. We'd like the opportunity to make this up to you, so if you're willing, please call us directly and ask for Letitia London. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Wonderful environment, happy residents, great and compassionate staff. We are very heartbroken that they couldn't help in our situation. Hard to find anything that compares to the level of this facility. If they ever build a memory unit we would move our loved one in a heartbeat.

Great location, near doctors and hospital. Rooms were small. Liked their philosophy on senior's worth, capabilities and need for independence. Had all the necessary amenities. Staff and Bob were very nice. Facility needed some updating.

Review of Gilman Park Assisted Living - Oregon City, OR

looked at this place on 3/29/ 2016. the staff is very friendly. The rooms seem a little small. I guess that would be good in certain situations. I am going back with my sister next week

An awesome experience!

Dad moved into Gilman Park a couple of months ago and it has been a great experience. he is very happy there and as long as he's happy I'm happy. The staff have been great and I was just telling a friend about the place.

horrible experience

My mom didn't like Gilman Park Assisted Living at all. I just didn't have enough time to get to know everyone there. She was only there for about 2 months and then passed away. [removed]

Beautiful and Nice

I rated activities as 3 stars, only because my mother was there only on 2 occasions for short respite times and did not participate. The facility is beautiful and the staff was wonderful and attentive to Mom's needs. The food was good, with a well thought out menu.\r\n\r\nThis is the only facility that we could find that would take short stays. All others that we found had a minimum of 7 days.I would recommend GPALF to anyone who is looking for a place for their loved one.

Found Gilman Park to be a VERY friendly place both people and staff. Would recommend this place and have for anyone looking for a place to feel comfortable having a loved one living here.

Review of Gilman Park Assisted Living Assisted Living in Oregon City, OR

Some younger residents $35-3600 , fridge and micro ,need to pay phone, call for appointment in morning

Outstanding, lovely facility & good food

My 84-year old stroke affected mother stayed at Gilman Park so my husband and I (her caregivers) could go out of town for a long weekend. Frankly, after calling around to other ALF's in the area (which I was referred to by A Place for Mom) I was getting a bit discouraged - they all wanted a minimum stay of 7 nights. Gilman Park not only did not require a minimum stay, they were more than happy to have Mom there for however long/short she needed to be. The staff there are all excellent - from Administration to Nursing to housekeeping & maintenance. According to Mom, the food was wonderful as well. The only reason I gave it 4 stars overall was that they forgot to come get Mom & assist her down for one meal on time. No biggie, since they remembered to get her before mealtime ended.

Wonderful place!

This place was fantastic, and we would recommend it to anyone! During the search process we had 3 tours arranged, and after seeing this one first we didn't feel the need to look any further. Everybody here, the management, the nurses, and the care workers, were all wonderful people. And they're very good about communication, both with the families and with the medical professionals they work with. Initially our loved one was very ambivalent about moving here, as he was afraid it would be a cold, clinical environment he'd never be comfortable in. But once he how friendly the staff were, and how the other residents were just other people enjoying their lives he really settled in. He made friends, and really started enjoying what they had to offer.

Wonderful center

Julie, who gives the tours, was very open and honest about the services offered. She introduced me to the staff and people who lived there. Everyone seemed happy and content and happy to see and converse with Julie. My Mom lived there for only a short time before passing away, however, she enjoyed the food, didn't get involved in any of the activities. I enjoyed the communication with the staff on her medications and needs.

The people I talked to who had members of their families there always highly recommended the facility and everyone I ran into was friendly. I would highly recommend this facility to someone who is looking for an easy going, welcoming community.

Great Community

After Linda from A Place for Mom recommended the community we went to visit it and our loved one was very impressed. They are a fantastic community and they did a great job. They are more expensive then other communities but if money is not an issue this is the best community. Our loved one was pleased with everything, the food, care, and the staff. They were very cooperative and really accommodating to us and our loved one. Overall we were pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Looks good from the outside, lots of ...

Looks good from the outside, lots of activities and good menu.

Art Classes, Raised Garden Beds, Comp...

Art Classes, Raised Garden Beds, Computer Classes, nice people, close to hospital, assigned seating in dining room, pets are allowed, nice apts., kitchenette small

Gilman Park Assisted Living is located in historic Oregon City adjacent to Willamette Falls Hospital and Mountain View Rehabilitation Center. We are situated in a quiet private street surrounded by beautiful trees and residential living. At Gilman Park our residents receive the very best of care and services including 24 hour caregivers, RN on site, three chef prepared meals daily, served restaurant style, all utilities including air conditioning, extended cable television, laundry service, weekly maid service and housekeeping. Meals are chef-prepared and served in the dining room, or residents can choose to cook in their own kitchens.

The community has a barber beauty salon, a full library, Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor, Whirlpool bath, The Great Fireplace Room used for activities, movies, entertainment, church, special meetings, etc. A private dining area that can be used by family and friends at no additional cost. Transportation to medical appointments and a full time Activity Program. Gilman also has its own little store run by the residents. Have transport bus with wheelchair lift for excursions and shopping. "Where our success is measured in smiles."