McLoughlin Place - Oregon City, OR

McLoughlin Place - Oregon City, OR has yet not published prices.

A little suspicious about fake reviews by owners here

All of the reviews except for about 5 appear to come from one writer. How many times can you use the phrase “attended to” and “clean community!” The disparity of reviews is another red flag, if not a giveaway.

Really Happy

Things have been going very well for my relative at McLoughlin Place, and we are really happy with them. I feel the staff does their utmost to integrate new residents into the community and to help them feel welcome. They are great at making sure residents know what activities are available and at encouraging them to join. I love that the place is clean and it's not far from where I live. I would recommend McLoughlin Place to others.

Mom is happy here

My mother-in-law is here in this community and she is always clean, they are getting her up and engaged in the daily activities. They have good food here and she eats well and they have snacks if they want as well. It is clean, safe and nice. It is conveniently located for us to visit often. I would recommend this community.

Very helpful staff who seem to care about my mother.

My father's great improvement.

I like that my father is happy in this nice community. It is nice to know that he is happy. The community is clean and it has a positive environment for him and that is great to see that he has improved. They do have activities for him to participate. We would recommend this community for the good care and nice environments

In Our Experience

They were fantastic for the time my mom was there. The staff were very attentive and they made her feel very comfortable and I could not say enough good stuff about the community.

Short staffed, very costly, make employees work 16 hour days! How do my loved one get good care of the employees are so over worked and exhausted?
No activities in weekends and management only cares about them selves.

Fun Bingo!!

My mother has really been enjoying her stay at this community so far. The staff have all been wonderful and very welcoming to her since she moved in. They also do a great job at keeping the facility clean and well maintained for all of the residents. My mother has said they could use some improvements in the quality of food they serve. She has really been enjoying the activities they have to offer especially the bingo. Overall we have been very pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

Decent Tour

I had a decent tour of this community. Everything went pretty well. They were very kind and friendly to my family and I. The community looked nice and clean. It was a nice experience, but this wasn't the community for my mother and her needs.

A good tour!

I liked this community when we took our tour. This community seemed clean. The people I met were nice and they did offer activities. They did not offer the ratio of staff to resident that I was looking for in the memory care unit.

Honest Opinion

My mom stayed in this facility for approximately 3 months and overall we were somewhat satisfied with the services rendered. There were a couple of areas of concern such as clothing and personal items being taken on a regular basis and staff not being able to resolve the issue. On several occasions my mom was found by family in other people's rooms confused and not completely dressed. We brought all of these concerns to the attention of the staff with little Improvement. Overall it is my opinion and my dad's opinion that at this facility they are understaffed and under qualified to take on so many patients. I would recommend looking for another facility for your loved one that may be more suitable and prepared for dementia patients.

Very poor care given.

A home for my 95 y.o.mother

McLoughlin place not only gives my 95 y.o. mother with a sense of security but also gives our family the security that our mother's needs are being attended to. My mother cannot participate in a lot of activities but most of the residents seem happy to participate. The staff is great and they listen to us.

The staff here is absolutely wonderful!!

The staff here is absolutely wonderful!! They're extremely friendly and helpful. We haven't had any problems really to speak of until recently. The quality of the food served to the residents seems undercooked or simply inedible. Other than that, it's been a really good home.

glad to have my dad there

They have really done everything that we could possibly ask of them.

One area where they could improve would be the activities. Most of the activities that they have are more geared towards women. Also, they don't really have a place that the residents can go outside alone, and my dad likes to be outdoors. Activities are lacking for males.

The people there are very nice, the facility is really clean, and I am really glad to have my dad there.

Review of McLoughlin Place Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Oregon City, OR

Extra for laundry, extra for managing medication,

They are a ten on friendliness.

They are a ten on friendliness. They keep everything very clean. I feel like they are a good value because they take such good care of my loved ones. They charge for everything extra, but they are very up front about it, so it's very fair. There aren't as many men there, so some of the activities that appeal to the gentleman are harder to come by, finding a card group for example. The food here is wonderful, I have no complaints. One of the reasons we chose this place, besides that we liked it, is that they have a medicaid side to their facility, and they were willing to work with me on that.

First impressions

I always go by first impressions of the person I meet or people in the facility. The person I met with was a very negative person who promoted the facility as "one of the few in the area" that did memory care. But she was such a negative personality, I couldn't see past that. It may be the only facility in the area with that type of care, but if she represents the type of care available, no thank you!

Mom's Happy

My Mother at age 93 didn't want to move until a recent illness made it impossible to stay at home. We selected McLoughin Place and she loved it, her one bedroom apt and the food.

But, more important we were impressed by the staff, the services and the range of care available. As a son what I wanted for my Mother was a better life. What I wanted for me was a sense of security knowing my Mother was safe, comfortable and secure.

Extremely small rooms

The rooms were so small my mother said "if you put me here I'll feel like I'm in a coffin!" Their new memory unit has a very nice, large interior courtyard, but the rooms from the closet wall to the window, there was a nightstand, a twin bed and a lamp and a chair and that's it, that's as wide as the room was, she didn't like that at all. I could see where some memory care people care because they don't know but my mom is still really alert.

Offering Assisted Living and Memory Care all in the same building. Located in picturesque Oregon City, McLoughlin Place provides assisted living and memory care for seniors. Nutritious meals and snacks are prepared on-site and served restaurant-style, including a "happy hour" open bar. Dietary needs can be accommodated. Housekeeping, linen services, and utilities are also included. The trained staff works with residents to determine an individual care plan for their needs, and the staff is available around the clock for assistance. All units have emergency access, and socialization is encouraged through planned activities and outings. The landscaped lawn and cozy common areas are ideal for relaxation.

Also offering Daily or Weekly Respite Care.

Meals are served Restaurant style. Many activities offered in both

Assisted Living and Memory Care.