Homestead of Olathe Memory Care - Olathe, KS

Good Facility

I had a good tour of this community

Good visit. Toured both assisted living and memory care communities. The person ([Removed]) I spoke with on the phone didn't think [Removed] should be in memory care, from my description. Communities are just next door to each other and rooms are the same in both buildings. Did not meet [Removed], not sure why. Persons I toured with were very nice and informative. Buildings are one of the older communities, however, they were very up to date and pleasant. Didn't see much activity in either setting, however was given the activity calendar so it appeared residents could be busy. I do think the activities are important so that residents are not just staying in their rooms. The community is off of a main street so it would be quiet. Nice courtyards. A good comfortable feeling.

Smaller but very nice

A good tour

This community was clean when we looked at it. This community was our second choice. The staff were friendly and they seemed to offer some nice amenities. We knew the director at the other community which helped us make our decision to choose that one.

Improvements Needed, Overall A Decent Community

For the most part my grandmother is doing okay since her move to this community . However I do have some concerns. I do feel they could be quicker with their response time to our concerns . Also the communication with the administration and staff could be better. She needed a new earring aid , and nobody informed me , they could do better with the monitoring of her needs . Other than those issues the staff is friendly . They do a good job with the cleanliness. They provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. I would say it depends on your personality, or loved one. I'am not saying I wouldn't recommend this community, but it depends on the person overall.

The licensed nursing staff was only on call, they were not on site 24/7.

We toured here when we were looking at options. It was a less expensive option, but smelled like urine. The licensed nursing staff was only on call, they were not on site 24/7. I didn't have any confidence in their facility manager from my experience.

She really enjoys it.

We recently moved in here, and our loved one has really fit in. She really enjoys it. We are happy with it, and like that she shouldn't have to move again in the future, when she starts to need medicaid.

Great place for spouse

Second place I had my spouse living in for that dreaded Alzheimers . She was cared for the moment she arrived. The staff was great even though they were young. They really cared for the people they served. All questions were answered to my satisfaction. When hospice was required, the staff was most helpful in assisting to my wife's care. Of all the places I looked at for care and setup, Homestead really passed the test. I wish I had found this place first but was in a rush in the beginning and overlooked here.

Great place!

We have been very pleased with Homestead Olathe. My mother-in-law moved into Homestead 14 months ago. She tells us each time we visit her how well she is taken care of, how nice the people are and how many activities are available to her.

We could not be more pleased with the cleanliness, friendliness and genuine caring atmosphere we see each time we have been there.

I've been pretty impressed with them.

They are pretty good. I've been pretty impressed with them. They are clean and very friendly. They do a pretty good job, they are attentive and responsive. I've had some of the food, and it's not too bad, I'm really surprised it has good flavor.

caring and professional

The pricing is comparable to other communities. The staff is very caring. My loved one says the food is really good. There is enough parking. There are outside areas for families and residents to enjoy. The staff is just very caring and professional.

The main thing that differentiates th...

The main thing that differentiates them they are really committed to providing an excellent experience. They have a solid head of nursing. The food is really good. They do sitter-size, bingo, and that kind of thing. There has always been enough parking when I’ve visited.

Review of Homestead

We like the caring friendly atmosphere. The director is very helpful and competent.

Seems like a nice place and...

Seems like a nice place and strongly considering it for my parents. Everyone friendly and seemed involved with the patients. Everyone appeared well cared for and happy. It's small which appeals to me as bigger is not always better. A little worn but very clean.

It's a good place, we are happy with it, and he seems to like it.

It's a good place, we are happy with it, and he seems to like it. He has exercise classes and group activities and outings to go on. They keep him pretty busy.

Good care overall

They've done a good job overall with the care at this facility. The care staff have all been very friendly and professional, and they keep the facility looking well kept and clean.
I did have one issue that I was very unsatisfied with. They had a whirlpool tub, which was supposed to be part of my loved ones care package, that was out of commission for at least a month and a half. I really had to stay on top of them and make repeated phone calls before they got someone in to fix it.

Peggy's Home

Rated not on cost but the facility itself. No strong salesmanship that I received elsewhere.

Homestead olathe

My mother unlawful tells me each time we visit how nice the people are. We have found them very responsive to any need we have had.

My sister and I visited Homestead. T...

My sister and I visited Homestead. The facility and rooms seem very comfortable. We were impressed with The Director and the staff. At this time we are not ready to make a commitment. We feel one thing that must be done before we go any further is to get him evaluated by the Dept of Aging. I have kept all the information and will be contacting other places to visit, but right now I think we need to get Dad evaluated and then decide if Memory Care or Skilled Nursing is the most appropriate. I will let you know as we proceed. Thanks for all of your help.

Homey and casual. A little worn. RN ...

Homey and casual. A little worn. RN not site evenings or weekends. Not sure about ability to flush neo-bladder. May need home health nurse. I feel he would fit in and enjoy caregiver but she was not impressed.

Manager was very helpful. This might...

Manager was very helpful. This might be a good fit for my parents. Small and full of nice people and staff.

Great visit with the Director. She's...

Great visit with the Director. She's a respected resource in this industry. I have had a great relationship with her in the past. She wrote me a very sweet email expressing her condolences for Mom's passing and expressing compassion for now having health issues with Dad. We owe it to Teresa, like Lori Lee at the Court, to take a serious look at Homestead. 2 Gerontology MD's make visits on site. They have a pharmacy of their own Some concerns about staffing with nursing LPN daily 6/wk and on call 24/7 Carol, RN and regional director works out of their facility Each shift has a CNA and a CMA Accept medicaid after 2 years Did not price this out yet. Waiting for brochure Sounds Simple with good care.

visited 4/6/12, met staff. small room...

visited 4/6/12, met staff. small rooms. pet w/deposit and resident must be able to care for pet on own, center courtyard w/trees and grass, assisted living next door, salon, kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave, locked facility

Talked to the director. North and So...

Talked to the director. North and South are next door to each other. N is memory care mostly.

Our idea - our mission - is to create an environment in which residents can continue to enjoy their individuality, their independence and their dignity in a secure and supportive environment.

At Homestead Assisted Living, residents find professional health care services and personalized assistance they need, offered in a comfortable, home-like environment.

Around the clock, residents of Homestead have access to the individualized attention they need in their daily lives, provided by a licensed and certified professional nursing staff. Yet, with their own private suites and the freedom to make their own choices.

The need for personalized assistance and care, the desire for personal independence; plainly, simply, Homestead offers the best of both worlds.

We also offer Short Stay Suites. It is ideal for those needing a temporary stay if their caregiver will be away or is unable to provide care for a period of time. Also, it is ideal to allow our guests to recover from an injury, illness or surgical procedure. Our guests are provided a fully furnished suite and an all-inclusive daily rate.