We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one
Lenexa is a suburb of Kansas City, KS. It is located in Johnson County. Seniors enjoy living in a place with many big city conveniences that has a small-town atmosphere. In fact, many men and women choose to retire and move to Lenexa.
Lenexa residents are seldom able to walk to their destination because the city is very car-dependent based on its Walkability Score.
- Walkability Score: 47 Car-Dependent. Most errands require the use of a vehicle or other form of transportation.
- Population: At the time of the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 48,190 people.
- Average age of residents: The average age of residents is 37 years old.
- The number of senior housing facilities in the area: There are 105 senior housing facilities including those who provide independent living, assisted living, continuing care, and adult day care.
- Average weather conditions: The highest monthly average temperature in Lenexa is in July. It is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. The lowest monthly average temperature is 32 degrees Fahrenheit in January.
Getting around Lenexa without a vehicle is easy with RideKC, rideshare options, and taxis.
- Buses: RideKC provides bus transportation to and around Lenexa. Reduced fare is available for seniors 65 years and older as well as Medicare recipients. There are also special mobility options for wheelchair-bound seniors. Greyhound has stations in Kansas City.
- Trains: There is no train service in Lenexa. Amtrak does offer service in Kansas City, however. Senior discounts are available for distance travel.
- Taxis: Several cab companies exist in the city. They are Empire Taxi, Roundabout Transportation, Preferred Ride Services, VIP Transportation KC, and Laskey's Transportation. Seniors can set up rides with the cabs by calling the company number and providing a destination to the dispatcher.
- Rideshare: Two of the most popular ridesharing services, Uber and Lyft, are available in the Kansas City Metro Area. Lenexa seniors will need to download the app of their choice of the company onto their smartphone and set up an account to be able to request rides using these services. RideShareKC also offers carpooling options for seniors wanting to save money.
- Airports: There are numerous airports in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. They are Kansas City International Airport, Johnson County Executive Airport, Cedar Air Park, and Roosterville Airport.
Health and Safety
There is an abundance of hospitals in the area for senior residents to visit, have labs and x-rays taken, and to go when accidents and illnesses occur.
- Hospitals in the area: It's a good thing for seniors to know which hospitals are in the area. That way, if they have an accident or illness, they'll be able to choose which one they want to go to. Seniors have MISH Hospitals and Clinics, Shawnee Mission Health Prairie Star, Kansas Institute of Medicine, The Women's Health Care Group, and many more to choose from.
- Crime rate in Lenexa: The city is very safe when compared to other cities in Kansas. It has a crime rate of 40% lower than other cities throughout the state. Its crime rate is 35% lower than the national average.
Sports and Leisure
There are three golf courses in Lenexa and many more in the KC Metro Area.
- Golf courses nearby: There is Canyon Farms Golf Club, Falcon Ridge Golf Club, and Falcon Valley Golf Course as options for seniors who want to play golf during their free time. There is also Lenexa Disc Golf and Smiley's Golf Complex for lovers of miniature golf.
- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: Men and women can play tennis at one of many locations throughout the city and neighboring area. Some options for them to choose from include Flat Rock Creek Park Tennis Courts, Overland Park Racquet Club, Elite Squad Tennis Club, and Nicklaus Golf Club at Lion's Gate.
- Gyms nearby: Lenexa is very gym-friendly. Seniors can get memberships at Life Time Fitness, Workout Anytime Lenexa, Element Fitness, and Lenexa Jazzercise Center. There is also a recreation center in Lenexa that offers programs specifically for senior members.
Shopping and Entertainment
Lenexa is easy to shop when transportation is available as seniors have their choice of big-name supermarkets, delicious restaurants, movie theaters, and entertainment.
- Grocery stores: Seniors can shop for groceries and other household necessities at Sprouts Farmers Market, Hy-Vee, Aldi, Hen House Market or Price Chopper. They can find Oriental and Halal marketplaces outside of Lenexa if they're looking for specialty foods and items.
- Other restaurants: Local restaurants and chain restaurants make up the dining options in Lenexa. Seniors will find familiar names such as Applebee's alongside local favorites such as Holy Land CafÃ© and Fortune Place. There is a cuisine to tickle every type of taste bud, too.
- Movie theaters: There are no movie theaters located directly in Lenexa. Surrounding areas offer AMC Theater and B&B Theatre.
- Libraries: Seniors can check out books and other resources at the Johnson County Library branch in Lenexa. There are other branches located in Overland Park and Kansas City as well if men and women are interested in traveling to nearby libraries, too.
- Senior-friendly salons: Salons provide a variety of services for seniors to indulge in. Lenexa keeps its residents looking their best year-round. Platinum Salon & Spa Lenexa, Salon Ji, Salon Burget, Salon of R&R's, and Great Clips are among the many locations seniors can go to get haircuts, trims, their beards shaped, a shave, facials, manicures, pedicures, and more.
- Entertainment: Lenexa Senior Center offers weekly activities that are fun for men and women to do. For example, there are card games, video games, and even Bingo to play. The city of Lenexa hosts many festivals, and there are swimming pools, parks, and museums for seniors to visit. Lenexa Community Center offers basketball, ping pong, and pickleball.
There aren't many religious facilities located in Lenexa, but there are many to choose from in Kansas City.
- Religious facilities nearby: Seniors can attend services at Westside Family Church, Knox Presbyterian Church, Lenexa United Methodist Church, and Holy Trinity Catholic Church.