Highview Hills - Lakeville, MN

Care services and food concerns

The residents are very friendly and most of the staff are very helpful and seem to enjoy their work with seniors. The food in the dining room is average but sadly, at times the food is quite poor. We have experienced the food in other senior living buildings so we do have something to compare it to. Honestly, at times when I visit, I have found some of the meal almost inedible. It's a shame. But, more important than the food is the accessibility of care when the resident's needs change. Highview states they are unable to begin assisted living services of any level for an independent living resident without plenty of advanced notice. In our case, it took 4 days notice before assisted living help could be arranged. That's a real problem if the resident has no family living in the area that can help during those 4 days. One would think that a facility that specializes in the care of seniors would be able to begin services almost immediately for those living independently there. As your looking for a place for your loved one, I would strongly suggest you ask the question- "How quickly can assisted living services begin if the needs of my mother/father change?" And, taste the food more than once!! Good luck!

They did the best that they could.

This was difficult for us, as she wasn't here very long before she passed away. We weren't even here a month. While we were there they kept it clean, and the staff was friendly. I don't think they could have done anything different or better. I think they did the best they could.

Very nice place. Were looking for memory care services within a time crunch, and the staff were able to answer all our questions and provided for our needs at a very stressful time. The cost was a bit above our target range, but we knew the term of care would be somewhat limited, so it was worth the money. I would recommend Highview Hills to anyone looking for assisted living care.

Review of Highview Hills Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Lakeville, MN

They called me to set the appointment. Liked the studio they showed, the idea that ALL members even the memory problems get out yet was so large in size even I got turned around.Wood working area may spark something in my dads likes but to accessable to having a car which I am trying to get away from. Again meds and laundry would have to be done by me to keep the cost down-a part of me is refusing that idea.

Beautiful facillity with lo...

Beautiful facillity with lots of activities. Long distance to dining rm. No Elderly Waiver; would help relocate.

Country Villa is located in Golden Valley and has close proximity to physician offices, shopping, a post office, restaurants and hospitals. The staff members provide 24-hour care and services that may include personal grooming, dressing, and bathing assistance, medication supervision and assistance with scheduling transportation. Our RN Wellness Director develops each resident's specialized care plan.

Country Villa promotes independence and individuality. Each suite is private with a large walk in shower and maybe furnished and decorated by the resident.

The resident's at Country Villa enjoy the freedom and advantages of living independently in an environment surrounded by friends and a caring staff. Simply put, the uniqueness of Country Villa is based on offering mature adults assistance with their daily lives in a small, personal setting.