New Perspective Senior Living | Prior Lake - Prior Lake, MN

Not Worth the Money

Family member of a previous resident and we are not impressed. They have spent the last 6 months painting and without carpet in many areas. No major remodel. Hard to believe it could take so long to replace carpet and paint. Do not feel like the management staff is trained in geriatrics or shows any compassion.

Very impressive facility and staff, but in the wrong location for our family.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we 're happy to pass along your comments to the team here at New Perspective Senior Living | Prior Lake. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Disappointed

My Mother was in the Memory Care area. Like all places there are employees that truly care and others where it's only a job. We have had both. Training on how to interact with dementia residents appeared to be lacking. The turnover was great in her area. My Mom would fall in her room and bruises appeared around her face, forehead and rarely would I be contacted by staff. Many times I was the one telling them that she must have fallen. I was told that If they don't see it, they don't document it. Mom had items taken from her room and sometimes they were misplaced in laundry. But other times, we never found them. I finally started taking pictures of my Mother's belongings and installed a camera. At times, I felt the director was abrupt and rude. When I asked about security, I was told that she couldn't be here 24/7. When Mom was dying and on Hospice, the RN never came to her room to check on her until she died. Fortunately, family and friends were with her.

Stacy Shuman

First, we would like to extend our condolences at the passing of your mother. And, thank you for your comments and our subsequent offline conversation. We are disappointed we didn’t meet your expectations. Your feedback helps us to better coach our team in order to be an even better resource for the area’s seniors.

very happy

New Perspective is the perfect place for my Father-in-Law. He said it was "Far better than anything I ever imagined".
The meals are great, the other residents and staff are so nice. He's as happy as he could be. I very much look forward to and enjoy any time I spend there. Making the decision for him to live here and actually moving him in was simple!!

Stacy Shuman

Gaye, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at New Perspective Senior Living | Prior Lake! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

I had found them online prior to receiving from APFM. I toured and the place is nice but over our current budget. There is also a $3,000 entry fee which seems high to me.
The place is clean and nice and has wonderful common areas.

No peace of mind here

Absolutely zero support for independent living residents. Staff admits that if a resident was very ill or worse, they would never know. RN said she was not allowed to go into a I.L. Residents apartment. Food is very Carb heavy so if your loved one is diabetic they’re in trouble.

Mom's Happy Home

This is a good community for my mom's care. The staff is good and caring. The menu is nice and she seems to like the variety. She does participate in the activities with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the nice values and care for other families.

Stacy Shuman

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at New Perspective Senior Living | Prior Lake. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

One month's learning experience.

Their friendliness is outstanding. The price is very high for what services are provided. The nursing care program is not administered to what I expected. I had to discontinue their medical plan entirely as they were too inflexible to administer my father's right to use his VA benefits for pharmacy and were going to penalized him $10.00 per day for the VA pharmacy usage. I will admit that the administrative director has indicated that I may drop that plan. We shall see. The food is good, it has been an adjustment for my father to eat at the prescribed times, but he seems to be doing well for his first month there. The activities that are offered seem fine to me, my father doesn't partake because he is in dialysis for 2 days a week.
The best part of this facility is that it is only 3 miles from my home and I can be there rapidly.

Good choice

Staff is very friendly and care about the residents.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Yes yes yes yes !!!!!

Best value and services in the area. Do not hesitate to place your love one here. Many folks living here have livedcatbup to 5 previous places and rate this as their favorite. I am a daughter of a resident. Decor is a bit dated but that is the ONLY downfall. My mom ecstatically happy and so am I !

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for these great comments, we love hearing from our families. We hope your mom continues to live life on purpose.

Unfortunate Changes

Not what it was formerly. Recent changes have resulted in many vacancies rather than the previous waiting list. Executive chef has been replaced and food is now a disgrace. Mostly unhealthy. Usually unappetizing. Often inedible. Emphasis on starches and very light on vegetables and even protein. Frequent use of corn syrup and sugar. No accommodation for special dietary needs. Not even diabetic menu selections. Small portions now and they charge $8. extra for providing more food at a meal. Some recent instances of delayed and even no responses to beeps for assistance. Rents were just increased 4% for 2017. Though staff and residents are very friendly we are looking to relocate our relatives elsewhere.

Leaves a lot to be desired!

This facility is a money hound. Every little service is charged an outrageous amount. One bath a week is charged $29 a day and entitles you to undress yourself, wait for them to come in and shower you and then you are required to redress yourself. If you can undress and dress yourself why would you need their help with a shower. Why would you leave a room of someone who needs help and make them wait for you to come back.
Their head of nursing is the worst there is out there. She doesn't even care for seniors so why would you work there. Totally rude to the seniors and their families.
Their evening and overnight staff leaves a lot to be desired.
They don't follow though with reading a persons chart and if they forget to do something it is no big deal in their own eyes. The family is always wrong and they have no problem charging you even if it is their error.
My recommendation is to look elsewhere if you care about the quality of care for the amount of money you are spending.

Exeeds Excellence

My parents have been at Keystone for a few years now and absolutely LOVE it!! They not only rave about the friendly community of residents, but the staff, food, and activities are all exceptional.

Every time we walk into the community, we are greeted by all of the wonderful staff members, the congregation of seniors in the lobby, and Judy, the Executive Director, always makes sure to say hi and check in with us. My parents are always busy and out in the community, and I can't stop saying GREAT things about this community.

If you have a parent that needs cares, we highly recommend Keystone Communities in Prior Lake, their staff and cares exceed excellence.

WOW Factor for Keystone of Prior Lake

WOW! What a wonderful, caring community! There is not a better place I would have chosen for my father! He loved everyday he lived at Keystone . The caring, fun staff were so personable, kind and compassionate. They were very dependable and always tended to my father in such a way that my father knew he was a special man up to the day he passed. Family and friends were always welcomed and treated so special as well. "Keystone family", as my family remembers Keystone, has that special feel of home, happiness, and a sense of belonging...for everyone. I can't say enough about our great experience with this community....and kudos to all of the managers....a well managed, clean, and caring community! Thank you, Keystone of Prior Lake!

Lack of Quality Care

My father was 90 when he moved into Keystone, the location was a good choice and at first I was comfortable with the decision to move him there. many negative things happened after. My father used a wheelchair and we paid extra to have him brought to the dining room to eat and was left several times in the dining room alone ringing his call button and was ignored. they didn't care when he soiled his pants waiting for help. Once a staff member abruptly grabbed my father's toothbrush from his hand demanding that he take him pills first before brushing his teeth. He was left alone in his bathroom several times with no one coming to help. He even hit his head once and I was not informed. Staff was made aware of all this and I heard many times that things would change and they never did. When he passed away they didn't inform me of his passing until over an hour later after they found him, they just left him there. [removed]. Ask the leasing director why his own grandparents are not there? If you love and care about your relatives look somewhere else I wish I had.

Keystone - Nice Facility

Very fiendly staff. We visited Keystone several times over a two week period and were impressed with the staff. We had visited several facilities around the area and Keystone offered everything we were looking for. It has been 6 weeks since my parents have moved in and they are very happy with their decision to move to Keystone.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.