Consistently understaffed, poor management

We moved my mother to Heartis earlier this year and since then we have had one problem after another - most involving response times and level of care. The former Director of Nursing was awesome but overworked and she eventually left. The current patient care coordinator is also awesome and goes above and beyond the call of duty. However, we know she is also overworked and we wonder how long she will stick around. Some of the caregivers are great and truly love the residents, but they are all overworked and underpaid. Sometimes only one aide is on duty to respond to the needs of an entire wing of residents. Many aides have no experience working with disabled people and don't know how to help my mom transfer from wheelchair to bed to toilet to recliner, etc. Heartis remains consistently understaffed and my mom often has to wait an hour and sometimes more to get a response when she calls for assistance, such as for help going to the bathroom. For what we are paying for her so-called level of care, this is all extremely unacceptable. I always believe that problems with a business start at the top - with management - and that is definitely the case with Heartis. The executive director is never available, won't return our calls and doesn't follow through with any promises he makes. I could go on and on, but I think I've said enough. I'm praying there is another, better place out there that we can move our ladies to. My family has had enough of Heartis. My recommendation: Don't take your loved ones there.

This facility was 2 years old; I was there late afternoon and it felt too quiet, too inactive; the rooms were nice. It would not have met my sister's needs.

Frontier Management

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your tour. We're sorry you didn't get the opportunity to see Heartis Eagle Mountain during one of our many robust resident activities.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought the property was nicely presented and had a lot of great amenities for the residents. Overall it was a great experience just not the right fit for my mom.

New facility so clean, open, nicely decorated. The assisted care area is especially nice. The memory care bathrooms do not have shower chairs which I thought was strange since they have them in assisted care.

Care and concern

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff was nice and caring and able to answer the questions we had. The menu was appealing and the activities. This community would not be able to offer another type of care for my mom's needs.

Lets be honest

The food service here is terrible and the least of management worries is resident satisfaction. They advertise transportation to appointments for residents, but when asking for arrangements the administrator complains and tells families to provide transportation themselves. The memory care area has a massive bug problem. This property is sub par and not what they advertise.

Community Has Met Our Exceptions

My mother has adjusted to this community well, and she is doing good. We are very much pleased with all they have done for us. They have met all our exceptions has far as taking care of my mother. The staff is attentive, and kind. We have no complaints about this community, and I would recommend it.

Not my favorite!!

When I toured Hartis Eagle Mountain, I was not pleased with the tour. I'm not sure if the lady was new, but she did not know much about the facility. The place itself was clean and decorated well, but it was not the best fit for my father at the moment.

Impressed With First Visit

My dad is here in the community. In the beginning when we toured we hit it off right the bat and did not need to look else where. The staff have been prompt and helpful also interacting well with all the residents. He likes the meals they serve. He was also able to get a haircut from the onsite beautician that looked nice. I would recommend the community.

Care for mom

I like the care at this community. The staff is nice but they seem to have a high turnover of staff. The food is good, but they could use some improvements. My mom is offered activities and trying to get involved. This is a community that I do recommend for other families for good care and a nice value.

Friendly Staff!

The Hartis Eagle Moutain is clean and all of the staff are very friendly and welcoming. My father seems comfortable and we are happy with our choice. The only problem we have experienced so far is that in the beginning I feel like they sold us a certain level of care but we did not receive it after moving in. After speaking with them, they have fixed it, though.

Couldn't have been picked a better place !!

I couldn't have picked a better place for my loved one to go, I have been extremely satisfied with this community. The meals they offer are excellent and my mom always seems to be participating in activities they have going on throughout the day. The staff are always kind and are always helpful. The rooms get cleaned daily and laundry services are offered. I highly recommend Heartis Eagle Mountain.

Very nice, brand new facility

Overall our experience with Heartis Eagle Mountain has been a positive one. The staff here is wonderful! They're caring, friendly, and Mom really seems to love the people who work with her! The facility itself is gorgeous and brand new. The only issue we've had is that since the facility is so new there are a few things that haven't quite settled into place. They don't have a permanent director of memory care yet, so some things have been a bit unorganized. But the service is improving as they settle in, and we're very happy overall!