The Courtyards at River Park - Fort Worth, TX

nice but with the multiple building concept. mom seemed to think she wouldnt go to other building and possible be limited in the amount of interactions with others since for the most part would be limited in knowing the few just in her building.
didnt have a pool like others.

Location is nice, small dining room, service to tenants was slow, food was cold and tenants were complaining to the staff. Location was by the Trinity River. Want to take a second look later.

Parents Love it here.

Im so glad we chose this community for my parents they are starting to enjoy it. It was a rough start with a staff turnover but since has gotten better. The food is amazing and are eating very well. They are getting into the activities like the church services and an art class. They love to take walks and the grounds are so beautiful. Everything is clean and staff is very accomadating.

A Little Old Fashioned

I toured the Courtyards at River Park with my mother among other facilities when we were considering senior Living placed for her. I found the courtyards to be nice, but overall unimpressive and a bit old fashioned. Overall, it just didn’t seem to have to vibrant excitement that some of the other places we toured had, and we ultimately chose another community for my mother’s care.

Over the Phone

We had a main goal to pick a better and convenient community. I called to see if they were a fit to tour. They were not as close as I had hoped and we found a closer community to the family so we decided to not continue with the tour.The information I got from them was helpful.

Tour for options

This is a nice community for the care and comfort for a family member. The staff was nice and the community seemed to be clean. The menu looked appealing. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Great tour, very organized, staff was great. Residents were known by name and were very engaged with staff and activities. I was just not close for family to come visit

Mom's Happy Home

The care at this community for my mom The staff is outstanding and very caring. The menu is good, but they need to work on over cooking and reheating. The community is clean and maintained. I like knowing that she is active with some of the nice activities that are offered. My mom does like that they have transportation away from the community. We would recommend this community for the care and the nice value for other families and I like that she is happy here.

Nice Tour!!

I have recently had a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints about how things went for us. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to provide lots of helpful information as well as answer any questions we had for them. It was just not the right fit for my dad in the end decision.

A nice place

The staff I met during my tour were friendly. The community looked nice. This community does allow pets and they seem to offer some nice amenities. This community was a little more expensive than others we looked at.

Comfort for dad!

My father is finally adapting to the changes since his move into The Courtyards. The meals are better than expected and the employees are great. They are always smiling when I go for visits and they know all the residents by the first name. It has been a good experience so far.

A good tour!

I had a good tour of The Courtyards at River Park. The facility was clean in maintained well. When I visited, the tour guide was friendly and informative, it was a good experience but not the best fit for my father at the moment.

Nice Tour of This Community

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. My tour went well overall. The community looked nice, and well-kept. The staff was nice, and friendly. It was a good experience, and everyone was kind. I felt the residents at the community wasn't a good fit for father, but my tour was nice.

Care on a smaller scale.

The staff at The Courtyards is very courteous and answer any questions I may have. My Aunt is not involved in activities yet but she rushes to get to meal times because that is her social time. She's made a few friends since moving in. The particular section she is in has 25 residents and she is able to get individualized care because it is a smaller setting. The residents are also at her level of dementia so she can socialize more. We chose The Courtyards because of the resident to staff ratio and it was nice and clean when we toured.

Very nice and clean. Like that each building has their own kitchen and staff.

Willing to work with new residents on price!!

I really liked how open the administration was to adjusting the price and trying to make it work for my parents to be able to live there. However the price was still way to out of our budget to be able to afford for them to live there long term. I was very pleased with the overall community and thought they had a very nice organization and would have defiantly considered moving my parents into this place if the price was lower.

Only our first week, but so far, so good. Staff and residents are very friendly and helpful. Food is good and plenty of it.

Not impressed with The Courtyards!

The Courtyards at River Park is well kept and clean throughout. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have a variety of activities offered for the residents to enjoy. The meals lack seasoning and there is a lack of variety available for the residents. A lot was promised when we selected The Courtyards and nothing was delivered. For the services provided it is very expensive.

Beautiful community!

I have spent some time there and have been impressed by The Courtyards at River Park. The family is very satisfied with the care that dad has been receiving. Our dad is really enjoying himself and he is eating pretty good. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

This clean community gets my recommendation!!

The staff treat my dad like a part of the family. They are always responsive and help him to be active in the community. He enjoys the food and they offer a variety of choices.

Comfortable With The Care They Provide

Everything is working our pretty well, my mother is doing well here at this community. I know she is safe and in good hands. The staff is great here,they are caring for her and her needs very well. There are activities offered through out the week. She is satisfied with the food, the meals are good. It is a nice and clean community. Overall they provide good care. I would recommend this facility.

The staff keep up with each family!!!

My parents are settling into The Courtyards at River Park nicely. The staff are very concerned about what is happening and have good communication with the residents and the families. They try to get my parents to participate in some of the many activities they offer. My dad loves the food and they have a good variety to choose from. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend it.

So far so Good

Overall the community is nice. There are a couple of minor things that they could change but for the most part everything is great. I wish the rooms had hardwood or linoleum flooring so it is easier for residents to get around with wheelchairs and walkers. The community is really clean inside and out. The location is great, they have a courtyard outside for the residents to enjoy. The staff is very friendly, especially Mario. Mario is very helpful, he is a wonderful person. We could not have made the move without him, he answered any questions that may have come up and is always willing to go above and beyond for the residents. Everyone knows his name and he takes the time to get to know everyone. Prior to my loved ones moving in I had an opportunity to speak with the residents, no one complained and everyone seemed to love it here.

Courtyards at RiverPark

Older facility, but very nice and homey. They are in the process of updating all the rooms. They strive to correct any problems or issues that may arise immediatley. They have been very acommading to my mother and me. The staff is very friendly and I am extremely glad this is the place I chose to move my mother to.. We looked at several other places, but chose this one.

The outside has a lot of places for my mother to walk & sit and enjoy the surrounding property. They have lots of garden areas and trees for shade. I would highly recommend the Courtyard at RiverPark.

Fantastic staff!

The Courtyards has a fantastic staff! We're quite happy with this community. They are easy to work with, professional, patient and competent. The food is okay.

My visit to Courtyards

The place was clean and the room layout was great in memory care. I felt like my mother would be carefully watched. I saw interaction between staff and patients which meant a lot to me.

Helpful staff

The staff is helpful and are concerned about their people in their facilities. I was impressed with how they helped us find the right fit for my father and his wife, since I was doing a large amount of my research virtually. They allowed us to work as a team with my sister doing on-site visits. They heard our concerns and helped to alleviate them.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think they do a good job at The Courtyards at River Park, our experience has been a positive one. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff is friendly and caring. However, I do think they could use a few more people on hand, or train the staff they've got a little better. They're very friendly, but sometimes they miss a few details here and there.

great experience

We love the place. It's been a real good experience. There is not anything that stands out the most. It is a good place all the way around.

Nice facility

The Courtyards is a very nice facility, It is clean and well maintained, although the carpets do need cleaning. They don't look good at all. The staff is competent and professional and they really seem to care about the residents. There are quite a few activities and the food is pretty good here. They just need to clean the carpets!

The Best Mix of Quality, Price, & Services

The first time I toured Courtyards, I was visually impressed. The place looked new, clean, and upscale. The 9-acre campus is in a very nice neighborhood and right next to the Trinity river. Now that both of my parents have lived there a while, I have continued to be impressed and it is more than just the "look" of the place. The staff are extremely friendly and willing to help. There are lots of services available, some free and some that cost. I could go on and on but will conclude by saying that there may be fancier places and there may be cheaper places but, after looking around and comparing some alternatives on the west side of Ft. Worth, Courtyards had the best mix of quality, price, and services for my parents' needs.

Glad we found The Courtyards at River Park

We moved our mom into The Courtyards at River Park one month ago. So far we have no complaints. We loved the way it was set up. Everyone there from management on down has been so helpful and nice. She has already met new friends and gone to a couple of functions they have had. I have gone and had lunches and breakfast with her a few times - the food I had was very good. Saying that, she is learning the things she likes and does not like on the menu, but has been very satisfied. We had been looking for about 6 months for her a place and so glad we kept looking until we found The Courtyards.

The staff was everything we could ask for

I liked the model of The Courtyard at River Park, the footprint layout was amazing. The staff was everything we could ask for. The missing component, although we didn't have a very long experience, was the residents seemed to be lonely to me even with all the activities going on. It is something that this and all facilities need to be addressing. When a new comer comes in they made him feel welcome but he felt it would have been a much better situation if they would have assigned him a buddy, someone that had been there a long time to mentor him. Other than that out of all the the places we toured this facility really was amazing. I would definitely recommend it.

They Are Really Good

I think they are really good at The Courtyards. Communication is pretty good. Sometimes it's hard to reach them, but they give you a lot numbers to try and reach someone. They are a little pricey, but some of the good ones are.

Overpriced & Bad Food

This place is a below average retirement community that has outdated rooms and food that is simply awful. They are out for one thing to get into your pocket, as there's always some fee or upgrade that they're trying to tack onto your bill.
They charge $2500 to move in and call it a community free so you do not even get it back as it is not a deposit. It is way overpriced for what you get and there are many nicer places within 5 to 10 minutes away that are much newer, better amenities, more competent management and have much much better food.
The carpets in the hallway are very dirty so use your common sense, if they can't keep the carpets in the hallway that everyone sees clean then why do you think they would serve good food. To summarize, it's poorly run and way overpriced !!!! It's a money grab and do not fall for it !!!

We have been super, super satisfied.

We have been super, super satisfied. She likes it there. They have been just great. One of the reasons we brought here here was that she wasn't eating, but now she eats all her food, she loves the food.

All of our expectations have been met so far.

We are all set and very happy with them. We don't have any complaints at all. They are doing a great job. All of our expectations have been met so far.

Everything is fine there.

Everything is fine there. I don't have any complaints so far. They seem to be doing an okay job.

I visited here, and they looked good.

I visited here, and they looked good. If I can get the family to all agree, this is where we will move. The activities seemed appropriate for my loved one's age and ability. The price is good, I think it will work for her. The one thing I will say, and I don't want to make anything sound too bad, but going down the different hallways I noticed that the carpets really needed to be cleaned. They looked liked they hadn't been shampooed at all, they looked dirty.

It's Not Just Talk

Courtyards is an established community - it's old on the outside but the people are so different. From the top to the bottom, they really seem to focus on treating the resident as a person instead of just something to do. They even took my mom and her friends to the Grand Prairie zip line after a staff overheard them talking at dinner. I think that's what makes this place worth the money - they act instead of just talk.

A Difficult transition made so easy.

I needed to find a place for my husband to go to following rehab. We had not expected this at all. Courtyards was so efficient and friendly that the move became easy and as stress-less as possible. I cannot say enough good things about all the staff. Everyone spoke, everyone smiled, and everyone seem genuinely happy to be there. My husband has raved about the food and I know that someone is checking on him daily and helping with medication set up every week. Thank you to all the staff for making this an unbelievably calm and successful transition. The activities are wonderful. The first day my husband was there he went to the TV room to watch the ballgame with lots of others and during that first week he attended a men's breakfast meeting. He seems very happy and relieved that he doesn't have to continually worry about himself.

We would definitely highly recommend them!

My mother was at Courtyards River Park, and they overall did very well. Their staff is very very accommodating. The food is not bad, and the activities they could maybe have a few more of to get more involvement. Other than that we really don't have any complaints. We would definitely highly recommend them!

Amazingly clean. Staff could not have been friendlier.

Amazingly clean. Staff could not have been friendlier. The experience was very pleasant, all the way from the initial presentation to occupancy.

They are a really great place. I would like it if there was a ground floor apartment that wasn't $1000 more just for being on the ground. I tell everyone about The courtyards. My mother has lived there a year and they are great!

Review of Courtyards at River Park Assisted Living in Fort Worth, TX

Jenifer is taking great care of me and we have taken up a lot of her time. Still no decision.

Review of Courtyards at River Park Assisted Living in Fort Worth, TX

staff very friendly, much older complex. have many more options, such as staff taking you on scheduled errands, appointments. On site rehabilitation and home health. On site physician and nursing staff. Staff ration is 8-1. they seem more willing to make financial situation work

Friendly, outgoing staff. ...

Friendly, outgoing staff. Bright, clean facility. Great tour. Expensive

Great Attentiveness and Fun

We just moved from other community for my mom. The difference is night and day. My mom pays almost $400 more a month on her rent than at the other place but her care costs and the other fees are so much less. So the real difference between the two is $0.

Plus, you really "get what you pay for" in terms of attentiveness and services. The directors, the nurse, everyone is available anytime. I called the nurse at midnight with a question - thinking I would leave a voicemail - she answered the phone and my question! Now, I only call her before 8!

They seem to be doing a good job.

They seem to be doing a good job. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. The activities are good and they are attentive. There is just one thing, it seems that there have been a couple of people on the staff that have left, there has been a little turnover in the upper positions, and that is always a concern.

Nice place, overall

Things seem to be going very well with Courtyards at River Park. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly! I also like that their different levels of care are very clearly seperated, you know exactly the services you'll be getting.

Satisfied resident

My experience with living here has been good so far. I think it may be a little expensive for what is offered, but I also have nothing else to compare it to. It is very clean, the staff is friendly, and there seem to be a lot of activities available. I have not personally been involved in many of the activities, so I cannot say for sure, but there seems to be a lot of variety. The food varies from day to day: some days are better than others, but it really just comes down to your own personal taste.

It's Like a Resort

I moved my mom in about six-months ago and she has had nothing but very positive experiences. The group of people there educated my husband and I about the different buildings and levels.

They do special things and really personalize their lives. My mom has always been an early riser. At 5AM, she is met with a fresh cup of coffee on her dining room table EVERY MORNING. The staff there are amazing and considerate of all of her needs. We are very lucky

My Mom is Happy, so I am Happier

My mother moved in just over a year ago and I've found the staff to be more than caring. They have two different assisted living buildings. My mom has lived in both. The staff always go above the standard for my mom. When they found out mom always wanted to learn French they immediately set up French classes the next month. Now, my mom has gone from staying in her room all day to DOING something.
The newer assisted living building is much nicer and newer. The con is this building is more expensive. The other assisted living is much more affordable and smaller.

Excellent facilities. Assi...

Excellent facilities. Assisted living apartment are good for our parents needs and the care was well perceived to be more than adequate. This would be a good possibility.

Not a good place

When we selected this community for my loved one it had a great director, and they really seemed to have their act together. However, this facility was purchased by a new company and had an almost 100% staff turnover. The place is horrible now. The staff are unfriendly, and incompetent. You can tell they just think of this as a job. The quality of the food has really declined as well. If you do decide to select this community make sure you pin them down on a price, as they seem to tack on fees with no rhyme or reason.
The facility itself is nice enough, they do keep it clean and it is in a beautiful area.

Independent Living with AL ...

Independent Living with AL and MC on same grounds. Big apartments. 1BR available now - 2 bath, laundry. 2 Meals same bldg. Dinner available a la carte in other bldg. Utils included exc internet and phone. No services provided.

Nice community

I would have felt comfortable putting my loved one here, it was a nice looking place and the staff were friendly. I was not thrilled with the set-up, Mom would have to do a lot of walking between buildings to get to and from the dining hall.

Mom's New Place

We chose the Courtyards at River Park in Fort Worth TX. Staff is super friendly and helpful. They worked very hard to have Mom's apartment ready on very short notice. The apartment is exactly the right size with great daylight. Big clothes closet and lots of storage space! The bathroom is beautiful with walk in tub/shower. Her medications are given correctly and on time. Her options for meals are many (not only what but also when). She has no stairs to negotiate which was very important to us. And there are many activities in which she can participate. Public exit doors are locked at night. Linen laundry service and cable included.

Horrible Experience

She was there just over a month, and it was just awful. She fell one night and they didn't call until 7 the next morning. We had a fight over whether they reported it, and they didn't report it. It cracked a bone in her back and she was in a lot of pain. When I got there, she was soaking wet and the bed was soaking wet. I would go over there and she would be on the bed without a sheet. Just unbelievable.

Great place ... despite new owners

The Courtyards at River Park was, hands down, the right place for my parents. They had a significant list of wants & needs. The Courtyards ticked everything on the checklist. First it feels like a community comfortable situated in a real neighborhood. Not commercial or institutional at all. They allow dogs and offer a variety of living spaces. There have been some hiccups during the adjustment period due to new owners, changes in personnel and procedures, etc. There have been far more pluses to The Courtyards than negatives, however, the new owner challenges only serve to remind us that nothing is perfect.

Nice, new and small, but lots of additional costs

I thought it was real nice looking and it's small, I think their memory unit is only 15 beds. It's kind of a new place so there's no smell and I think they have three levels of care but they have all of these added/hidden fees so I couldn't say what it really would have cost.

Listening. Serving. Caring. These things matter to you, and to us. At The Courtyards, we offer more than just a place to live in a beautiful neighborhood nestled along the banks of the Trinity River. We offer a lifestyle full of experiences and opportunities with just the right amount of assistance to help you make the most of it. Our nine-acre park-like campus is tailor-made for seniors with clustered apartments around shared courtyards, convenient walking trails, and spacious tree-lined outdoor parkways. With varying levels of services all in one place, our community allows for needed transitions in services that come over time, and we only hire the most compassionate, skilled professionals to care for our residents. When you come for a visit you’ll feel the difference right away.

Independent Living

Independent living is simply community-based apartment living designed exclusively for seniors aged 55 and over. Every advantage of daily independent living is retained. At the same time, if home upkeep and maintenance has become overwhelming, you’re just starting to need help with some daily services, or you’re simply looking for a community with more transportation options and opportunity to socialize, then this may be just what you’re looking for.

Assisted Living

Assisted Living at our community is for those who want to celebrate their independence but may need help with activities of daily living such as cooking, cleaning and household maintenance. Our highly-skilled staff and convenient location helps provide the attentive care needed, while leaving a multitude of daily choices wide open. Every resident enters with a differing need for care. Some just need a little help with odds and ends. Others need the companionship and assistance of an experienced caregiver. Whatever the level of care needed, it is provided based on the choices, needs and interests of each individual resident.

Memory Care

Our specialized memory care program provides the highest quality care to our residents who are facing Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementias. Our uniquely designed neighborhood promotes safety, security and well-being while presenting life-enriching programs to our residents on a daily basis. We care about the personal story of each of our residents and our dedicated care staff ensures that each resident receives the highest quality personal care possible based on their own journey. Our activity staff continually develops and promotes programs that are intended to stimulate the senses and remind each resident that they are a part of a loving, engaging community.

Respite

A short-term stay in one of our fully-furnished respite apartments is a great way to experience our community lifestyle. A full social calendar, three restaurant-style meals each day, transportation and use of all of our beautiful common areas and amenities are just some of the things that our respite guests enjoy during their stay. Our Respite Program is also a great resource for rest and recovery. After a stay at a hospital or rehabilitation center, a helping hand may still be needed to get through the day. Our community offers all the privacy, care and services needed to help get you back on your feet.