Avalon Memory Care - Fort Worth - Fort Worth, TX

My Father is Doing Well in This Facility

This is a pleasant community, and since my father move to this community he is doing pretty well. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. The staff is very nice, and they are taking good care of my father. When I come to visit his room, and the facility is well-kept. I had a concern about where he was seated in the dining area, and he was eating with plastic silverware. When I expressed my concerns to the director, she was able to resolve the problems. He is pleased with the meals. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this community.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am so happy that your father is doing well in our environment. The staff, including our Director that has been with us for 18 years or so, are absolute angels. I apologize for our snafu as relates to silverware. I spoke with our Director and, as you stated, this was immediately handled. Please reach out at your convenience if there is anything else that we can do to make that last star turn gold.

Outstand care for my dad

II am very happy with the care that is given here to my dad. The staff are outstanding and always keepling me informed on his progress and any changes in the community even if my father is not affected. The food is appealing. They offer my father activities to participate in. We find the community to be clean. I know that he has excellent care here. I would recommend other families come and tour it for themselves, I am sure they would be happy with the value and excellent care.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It never gets old to receive kudos as relates to our long term staff members and the care that we provide for your dad in this case. Peace of mind is what we provide at all of our location throughout Texas on into Missouri- peace of mind that when you lay your head on your pillow at night that you know that your father is being cared for by trained, qualified and loving staff. Take Care.

Great Care

This is a great community. The staff is caring and very helpful. They do offer activities to help keep active. The community is clean and well taken care of. Highly recommend to other families for good care.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Jennifer, Brenda and our other multi-year team members at our Fort Worth location are so conscientious and compassionate. Thank you for your recommendation. It means a lot.

My uncle has been in this facility for about a month now. His mental status has declined significantly which is a huge heartache for our family but the staff at Avalon has been kind and gracious. He is always well cared for!! They treat him with respect and kindness.

We moved from another Skilled Nursing/Rehab facility that was not as organized or clean.

This staff seems to take pride in their work and loves their patients.

Jon Seib

We are so blessed to have so many multi- year staff members in Fort Worth as well as across our 25 other locations having cared for victims of Alzheimer's/dementia for 22 years now. You can have a beautiful location but it is the Avalon staff that makes the difference. The progression of this disease is absolutely devastating and I wish you and your family the very best during this difficult time. Just know that Jennifer, Brenda, and our other staff members are there for you and your family as you all go through this journey.

Dad Couldn't Be Happier

My dad is doing great here at this community. It is clean in and out of the community and the staff people are so attentive and courteous. The staff help make my dad comfortable every day. The food tastes really good, no complaints. My dad has even got to join in on Bingo and other activities. I like to hear my dad is enjoying himself and I would recommend this community if you want to have the best care.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for leaving the stellar review. I cannot begin to tell you how much this means to us at Avalon. I will forward this review to the location for you. If there is anything you need in the future just let us know.

Wonderful Care of my father for the past 4 years

I recently lost my dad who was at Avalon for almost 4 years. Jennifer, Brenda, Cheryl and many more took excellent care of my dad during his illness and up until his death. Jennifer really spoiled him. If he wasn't having a good day, she knew just what to do to cheer him up...she would go to Sonic and get him a strawberry milkshake. I just really appreciated the little things that made my dad feel special and so loved. I have to travel often with my job, but I always had a peace of mind knowing that if anything came up, Jennifer would call me right away and she would be on top of things. All I can tell anyone who is facing this tough decision, Avalon was a real blessing to my family. I will be eternaly grateful for the care they gave my amazing dad.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for this review. The long term staff members at this location are so caring and compassionate. The little things ,such as the milkshake, are what make us special. We must figure out what each individual resident likes and individualize their plan to create for the best quality of life. Avalon is so grateful to have been able to care for your father over the last 4 years. We wish you the very best. Take Care.

A safe place for my mother in law

We recently placed my mother in law in Avalon at the location near Lake Worth. The staff is excellent and has already made my mother in law feel at home. She has only been there a week as of Friday. Overall we couldn't be more pleased. A place where she has freedom to roam about but cannot injure herself. Her meds are given daily and she has meals and snacks. Here's to many morete years at Avalon! Sincerely, Marlene H.

Mrs. Hughett,

Thank you for the complimentary review and for allowing us the opportunity to care for your mother-in-law. If there is anything that you might need in the future just let Jennifer know. I am only a phone call away as well. Wishing you and your family the best.

I Can't Say Enough Good Things

My father was only there for 6 weeks, but they were phenomenal. They were very attentive. My father was one of the memory care patients who was belligerent and outspoken and they were just so thoughtful and so caring. I can't say enough good things about them.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving this review. Individuals with a dementia experience agitated moments and it is up to us utilizing our non-confrontational approach to provide our residents with the best quality of life. A thoughtful and caring staff is essential to this process. We are blessed to have these multiple year compassionate staff members. Take Care.

They Really Care

I chose Avalon Memory Care because it was a smaller place and my mom would not feel like a number and they have a lot of cross training. They seem to really care about the residents and it's close to home for us.

Jon Seib

#1 is quality of care and I know that we provide that. #2 is proximity and it sounds like we met both of these parameters for you and your loved one. Our smaller environments allow our residents to not fall through the cracks. We are blessed to enter into our 20th year of providing care to those afflicted with a short term memory loss of some sort. Thank you for your review.

I think they've done really, really well working with my mother and helping her adjust. She has been difficult, but I applaud their efforts and everything they've done.

Jon Seib

A lot of times when families come to talk to us their feeling is that their loved one is much more difficult than anyone we have ever managed before. I am here to say that this is not the case. Dementia causes confusion, agitation, aggression, suspicious thoughts, paranoia, delusions, hallucinations etc. There will be difficulties but it is how you manage these difficulties with multi-year trained staff members that sets us apart in our smaller environments. I am so glad to read this review and so appreciate you recognizing the patience and determination it takes to handle folk afflicted with this disease. Take Care.

My mother had about $80 in her billfold when she first went to Avalon. I took out $70 and left her $10. She stayed at Avalon for over a year. After she died I was going through her billfold and the $10 was still there. That says something about the staff. I was so thankful that we could join Mother at any meal. We even asked to eat our lunch outside at the picnic table. Everyone was so accommodating. Thank you to Jennifer and all the staff.

Jon Seib

We are very blessed to have so many multi- year employees that truly are the main reason why Avalon is so special. Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to care for your loved one.

Avalon Alzheimer's Care Facility

Loved this place for my mom. Day Staff caring & learned her schedule, wants & needs quickly. They were bringing her what she wanted before she asked. Sorry I can't say same for evening staff. Day staff 5 stars!!! Evening staff gets a minus 5 stars. Mom had to call me evenings, & I had to call Avalon to send staff to her room.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating. I will look into evening staff deficiencies. This is the first time I have heard of a less than stellar performance of our night staff. I will most assuredly address this issue and appreciate your comments so that we can strive to be as close to perfection as possible.

its my first tour and it seemed old and afraid my husband would be happier with a brighter newer place but price may be too high
I still dont know what to expect

Jon Seib

This is one of our older properties of the 19 locations across the Metroplex on into Austin. We gradually have been upgrading this location and will continue to with the least amount of disruption to our residents. Hope you like our new stone façade updating the brick? We have an incredible staff at this location.... some of them being with us for well over a decade. As you continue your due diligence I think that you will find the price is along the lines of most other memory cares within the area. What makes us special is our ratio of highly trained hands on care staff that know how to handle situations that present themselves with this population. Wish you and your loved one the best.

Terrible care. Terrible food. Avoid this place. We stayed less than one week and removed loved one from care.

Jon Seib

This disease and its progression is very hard not only on the individual we care for but also the spouse that places their loved one. The toughest part is that first week when one with this disease is making his/her transition. Some make the transition easier than others. We, at Avalon, wish you and your family the very best during this difficult time.

They are excellent.

They are excellent. We are very happy with them. They are clean and the staff is friendly. It's working out pretty well so far. We haven't had any complaints about food at all so far.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that all is going well. Please feel free to call me or the staff at our Boat Club location if there is anything that we can do in the future to allow for the best quality of life for your loved one. Take Care.

excellent job

When I transferred my father from one facility to the other, it could have been much harder for him given the state of dementia that he is in. They did an excellent job helping him through the transitioned. They are very well trained on how to handle dementia patients.

Jon Seib

Thank you very much for leaving this review. You can have a gorgeous location but it truly is the long term staff members that are well trained to handle the needs of a dementia resident that make us special. Happy Holidays!

great peace of mind - has transformed our family!

One of the things that impresses me about Avalon memory Care is the safety. She was once in another place where she was not (and did not feel) as safe. It has brought her, as well as us, great peace of mind to have her at Avalon. They also re-evaluated the medications that she takes and was able to help get her off some of the meds. The experience has been overwhelming positive such that it has literally really transformed our family!

Jon Seib

Thank you for letting the reader know how Avalon has helped to not only benefit your loved one but also everyone in your family that is going through this as well. I am still amazed how many residents come to us with blister pack upon blister pack of antipsychotic medications. We really do try to find that clever medium to allow the resident to have a quality of life without anxiety through reducing these medications and letting the environment and non-confrontational approach take over. Take Care.

They are doing a good job so far.

They are doing a good job so far. The staff is really friendly. It's hard to judge the value, I don't have a lot to compare it to. They are pretty good about being attentive and responsive, except that we did have a few things go missing. We haven't really had much experience with the activities to judge them much either. The food is very good though according to my loved one.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving this review. You would be amazed with how many things get misplaced in this setting. Residents tend to place items in the most obscure of places but inevitably we will find whatever it is that has been misplaced at some point. Hopefully these items have been found already since leaving this review. I think, although it can be difficult to judge value if you have not been to other places, the fact that your loved one is happy under his/her circumstance speaks volumes. Take Care.

Review of Avalon Memory Care - Fort Worth Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Fort Worth, TX

Not satisfactory, employees not attentive. Strong smell of deodorizer. Building is noisy. Non-employee in the service window eating a snack.

Jon Seib

I'm wondering if this is really a legitimate review. As I read and leave responses and see a review such as this it just makes me think.

The Staffs That Loves

This is a great place for senior care. The people treat your loved one just like family.
When hospice came in to take care of my mom during her last days the faculty gathered around my moms bed and prayed over her and said their good byes.
Every one cares so much for your loved one.
This place is top rated in my eyes.

Jon Seib

Thank you soooo much for this review Kathie. I wish you and your family the very best.

They were great!

They were great! We moved him from a different place, that hadn't cared for him as well. They did a really good job caring for him. They were really good about getting him up and out of bed. The last place had a difficult time with that.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make this experience more pleasurable for everyone involved. Take care.

...the food must be okay.

I haven’t seen any activities provided to my love one. He is gaining weight, so the food must be okay. I’m still evaluating this community. Memory care should respond to people as if they are individuals. People aren’t made with cookie cutters!

Jon Seib

Thank you very much for the 4 star rating. We certainly agree that this population that we care for is not made with a cookie cutter. Each individual has a customized plan that will benefit each and every one of our residents. Please call me or my staff and we will set up a care plan meeting so that we may discuss further how to enhance your loved one's quality of life. We strive for 5 star ratings that equates to 5 star care.

Mom loved Avalon

I loved Avalon!! For the first time since mom required care she seemed happy. She loved the guy that came into sing. ... She clapped and sang along. She loved to sit in the garden area. She ate well for the first time in forever. The caregivers really cared, no bad apples in the place as you will find in other places.

And Jon Seib, the owner, is the most patient and flexible person to do business with.

Thanks to all of you at Avalon!

Beverly,
It has been so nice to speak with you over the years. I wish you and your family the very best. Thank you for the review.

Exceptional staff, very accommodating

This is a very nice community! The staff are incredibly friendly, I'd give them 10 out of 5 if I could! They've been very accommodating, and are happy to work with you to figure out how best to care for your loved one. The people here really are exceptional, the residents and the staff, and we feel like it is a great environment for our loved one. I'd highly recommend it.

Jon Seib

Wow..........thank you! We wish you and your family the very best as you go through this process. Let us know if you need anything at anytime.

Absolutely wonderful!

They provide great care here. It's very clean, and nice looking, and the staff are very friendly. Any time anything happens with Dad they always give us a call with an update to keep us informed, which is great. We really appreciate all the individual attention and care he gets. He's always been looked after and clean when we visit, even if he needs to be cleaned up a few times a day.

Jon Seib

Appreciate the review. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience. Wish you the very best.

Not Good

I wouldn't even consider it. They had people sitting around in the lobby in their night clothes, in wheelchairs and it was just not good. There was an odor to it and it was depressing so I would not even consider it. I didn't get past the lobby.

Jon Seib

We appreciate you touring what sounds like it was probably in the evening hours. I am sorry that the sight of individuals that can no longer ambulate depresses you. This disease and its process does typically lead to incontinence, therefore, there might be an odor at times which is how we know when to change someone. We, at Avalon, wish you the very best and hope that you were able to find a place for your loved one that works out for you.

We did stop in and tour this facility...

We did stop in and tour this facility. It was ok.

Jon Seib

Thank you for the review. I wish that it was a little more detailed. We, at Avalon, certainly strive to provide the best of care for our folk in a smaller setting. We wish you and your loved one the very best.

Nothing fancy but was impressed by th...

Nothing fancy but was impressed by the compassion of the caregiver.

Jon Seib

Thank you for coming out to tour. Avalon is about the caregivers, the compassionate staff that provides the highest quality of life to our residents afflicted with Alzheimer's/dementia. Many of these staff members having been with us for over a decade or more. As far as the location itself I believe that it is very nice but also understand that there are newer locations that have been built or are being built throughout the Metroplex including some of ours(Keller, Carrollton, Garland). The question I have to ask is would you prefer mahogany walls or long standing staff members that are compassionate and really bend over backwards to make sure that your loved one has the best quality of life under his/her circumstance? If things do not work out at the location that you may have chosen please feel free to contact me directly(Jon Seib) as I would love to have an opportunity to speak with you further. Take Care.

At AVALON, we set ourselves apart from other residences with the level of care and compassion we show to our residents. Our care is unique in that we treat our residents as people with individual needs rather than grouping them as "those with dementia." After all, a lack of cognitive ability doesn’t equate to a lack of individual personality. It is important to remember that we are guests in their home.