Potomac Place - Woodbridge, VA

Unhappy

Not a place to bring a loved one. Services and care have declined and are causing great concern , with residents and staff. Huge turnover in staff and many strange faces appear daily. Housekeeping, maintenance and nursing care , not evident at times. Many residents unhappy and are talking to their families. Director and Corp, do not. Seem to care.

Friendly people!

I also really like Potomac Place. It is close to my home, closer to my price range, and very nice. I will definably consider it when the time comes.

Think need more staff and Cafeteria workers are sometimes not so attentive to residents. Activities are usually the same every day!

My friend's father took a turn for the worst and these people were rude and said he had to go now. No assistance in helping my friend figure this out. There is no other family and my friend visited almost daily and had meals with his father and others staying there.

It's a really good place.

It's a really good place. The food is fantastic here, almost like a restaurant. The people are really friendly, and they take really good care of her. Their prices are very reasonable compared to, and in some cases even lower priced, than the other places. They had better feedback, and had won many awards, this was hands down our first choice.

They are doing a fabulous job, and I couldn't be happier.

They are doing a fabulous job, and I couldn't be happier. Mom is adjusting, and really liking. I have eaten there, and it's really delicious food, and always served at the right temperature. I just can't say anything bad about them, they do such a good job.

The perfect place

From the moment we walked in to Potomac Place my husband and I knew this was the place for his mom. It did not look like an assisted living center from the outside it looked like an apartment building. The staff is friendly and helpful. The dining room is spacious and has a beautiful view and my mother-in-law loves the food. Their are all sorts of activities for every taste and my mother-in-law is more active then she has been in years. Additional the rooms are a good size. My mother-in-law is in a studio which is bigger then most one bedrooms we saw in other places. A 24 hour nursing staff and a doctor that comes to the facility is an added bonus. She couldn't be happier and frequently comments on what a top notch place she lives.

We are very happy with it, so far.

We are very happy with it, so far. The staff is very friendly, and helpful too. They are very good about responding, they are pretty instant when getting back to me. The rooms could be a little larger. They are all pretty much the same size, even the two bedrooms don't have much more living space, just an extra room.

Marilyn Pietri

We appreciate your kind words and will continue to provide our residents and families continued quality care.

my favorite so far, just co...

my favorite so far, just concerned about traffic on 95. Love the atmosphere, the people, the living space which is like an apartment instead of like a hotel or dorm room - even has full sized fridge. It looks like Little Rock, AR with the wooded outdoors. Love the gardening troughs that minimize kneeling.

Marilyn Pietri

Thank you for visiting our community and your kind words. We hope you'll be able to join us.

I loved the menu, and the size of the community. It was more expensive than some of the other options I was considering. They were a little more pushy, calling quite often and following up. They were very nice and very beautiful, but a little further away for us. They don't have independent living, everything is some level of assisted. I didn't like the layout of the rooms either, some of the bathrooms were off of the living room instead of the bedroom, and the rooms were small. The carpeting wasn't that nice either, not very plush. The community areas and dining rooms were lovely, but the apartments weren't as nice as the rest of the place.

Love Potomac Place

my mom has lived at Potomac Place since late 2012 and it has been the best thing for her. She loves her new home. I cant thank everyone there enough for bringing my mom back to life. When I eventually have to move into an Assisted living community I will look no further than Potomac Place.

Marilyn Pietri

Residents and family members are the reason we do what we do. Thank you.

No Metro Access was a dealbreaker

This one's really nice, it's set up very similar to Tall Oaks. The food is actually really good, they had a little bit of both cafeteria style and if they had a special they might do it to order and they had a salad bar people really seemed to like. Where you went to eat was a big sun room was there was a lot of light and it felt really open. Metro Access doesn't go to Woodbridge and that was the dealbreaker because we couldn't get her to her docotos appointment without it, it would have been a full time job.

Marilyn Pietri

Thank you for touring. We do offer transportation to and from local doctor's offices. In addition, we participate in a "Wheels to Wellness" program with PRTC. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Would like for them to do more problem solving

It's very clean, they're very friendly, I think the care is good, she's only been there for a couple of weeks so well see, but they do have activities; she is able to particiapte, willing to, no. The only problem I have is that she did go outside one day, she was confused and thought she had a car and was looking for it but their solution was for me to hire another outside firm to come in and be a companion for her. That's extremely expensive and I already felt I was paying them a lot so they could be willing to do a bit more or come up with some alternate solutions, but they just jumped right into "you need to hire a companion." I was able to do that within a 24 hour time period, they gave me a list of 4 companies and I was able to find one immediately. I was bothered with that being their first solution without looking into other options though. The one time that she was very upset they called my right away, they have registered nurses who are certified by the state and I liked that, it was also originally intended as a senior living place so the apartments are much larger.

Fire Station across street. Very home...

Fire Station across street. Very home-like feel. Surrounded by trees. Larger rooms. Additional charges for regular services (phone, cable, personal laundry). No cell services. Assigned seating in dining. Lots of common/gathering areas. Smaller OT/PT - Genesis.

Jennifer Harrison

Thank you for your time and your thoughts. I'm happy to report that Potomac Place includes cable service in the base rent and has wifi throughout the entire building.

Small, intimate. Liked the place, cle...

Small, intimate. Liked the place, clean. Short term rental available.

3 story build.-1meal/day,nice studios...

3 story build.-1meal/day,nice studios with alcove and accordian part., housekeeping&linen change wkly, shared st= and studio-

Jennifer Harrison

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to report that all residents receive 3 meals plus snacks as a part of their base rent.

Nice

Nice

Very warm, caring people. Better valu...

Very warm, caring people. Better value for your money.

Number one on the list, so far

Number one on the list, so far

**Recently voted Best Senior Living in Prince William County for the 3rd time!!!**

Assisted Living Services and Amenities

1. Choice of Junior one Bedroom apartment floor plans, One or two bedroom apartments with patio or balcony.
2. Utilities included except for telephone (cable too!).
3. Full kitchens with stove, sink and refrigerator.
4. Emergency nurse's call system in three locations in each apartment.
5. Individually controlled heating and air conditioning in each apartment.
6. Monitoring and assistance with personal hygiene and grooming.
7. Nursing assistance with medication administration.
8. Secure Memory Care Center with specialized daily activities.
9. Weekly housekeeping and trash removal.
10. Weekly laundering of bed and bath linens.
11. Complimentary self-service resident laundry room.
12. Daily Activities, weekly parties and special events.
13. Five levels of specialized care available.
14. Complimentary shuttle service to doctor appointments, shopping, and personal errands.
15. Conveniently located less than a mile from Sentara hospital, nestled in a serene wooded setting while being surrounded by shops and restaurants
16. 3 year licensure, one of the only communities in the area with one!
17. Some of the largest assisted living and memory care apartments in the county.
18. State licensed medical staff onsite 24 hours a day!
19. Genesis Rehab on sight for physical, occupational and speech therapy
20. Visiting medical care including Podiatrist, Optometrist and Psychiatrist.
21. 25 years of experience in excellence