Chancellor's Village - Fredericksburg, VA

This is a beautiful property. It is in my top two for the Fredericksburg area.

This facility was beautiful. The areas are bright and open.

$10,000 entry. $4,250 per month 2 bed. one meal per day. pay for internet and phone separately. near Mary Washington university. and near the train station. Washer dryer in room. piano is ok. custom shelves are ok. 2 bedroom apartments have patio or balcony.[Removed]. make deposit in early summer for a Jan 2018 move.

$10,000 entry. 2 bed. one meal per day. pay for internet and phone separately. Near Mary Washington University. and near the train station. Washer dryer in room.

Great care for a friend

I am happy with the care that is given here. I like seeing that he is happy with the staff and the care. The community is clean and he does his enjoy the outdoors. The offer a good variety of healthy meals. They offer him to participate in the actvities that are offer. We would recommend this community for the good care and value.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us!

Lots of things to do and many ammmenities!

Chancellor's village has been a good fit for my father. They offer many activities and come by to let all the residents know when it is activity time. They offer special events too like luaus and movie nights. They put the activities and the meal plan on the bulletin on the front so everyone can see. The food is very good and I've eaten there a few times. They take your order at the table and offer many options. If you don't like what's being served you can order from an alternative menu. They offer many common areas. There's a library, media room and places you can sit and read or play games. They even have two cockatoos! Every apartment has a private balcony. They offer a shuttle service five days a week that will take you shopping or to doctors appointments for no extra fee! We chose Chancellors because they were the best price for all the amenities they offered! We are pleased so far!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback!

A top pick!

We were referred this community from A Place for Mom and toured it. It's very nice and I would have picked it for my father. We toured other communities and he decided on something else. All in all, it was a pleasant experience with Chancellor's village.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review. While we are disappointed that we weren't the best fit for your needs, we appreciate your feedback!

My Visit To The Community!

I liked this community when we visited. The staff were very friendly and the community looks nice. I can not say anything bad about this community. The community we chose was closer to us and a little smaller.

My parents home and care

My parents are both here. This is a nice community, but it is not home. I do like the staff who are always helpful and caring to there needs. They do have activities when they are wanting to participate. The food does need some small improvements. This is close by in my area so that I can visit often. I hope they feel at home here soon, but I dont think i could of found a better place for the care and the value.

Ease of mind

Our mother receives top notch care in a beautiful facility. You couldn't ask for a more caring and attentive staff. Very responsive to questions, suggestions and requests.

Excellent facility, just what we are looking for. Only exception is, many units have bath tubs and not step in showers. I was given a rough estimate of $3000 to convert the shower which I think is way too much considering a $50k membership fee.
Monthly fees seem reasonable and in line with other facilities, however the non refundable membership fees seem very high.

Nice people

My Mom passed away recently. They are nice people, but we are not one hundred percent sure that this is the place for my Dad since my Mom passed. He is having some memory issues.

This is a very nice facility. I would highly recommend it.

I have only been here at Chancellors for one week and have found everything to be very comfortable and convenient. The staff has been very helpful, friendly and
accommodating. The meals are outstanding, very professionally prepared and served by a friendly wait staff in a beautiful and spacous dinning room.

wonderful

My mother is staying at Chancellor's Village and we are very happy with them. They were very good at helping my mother get settled. They redid the carpet and painting in her room. Everybody has been really wonderful to work with there.

Chancellors Village A wonderful Place

Chancellor's Village
Details: From the beginning of visit with my parents
Chancellor beautiful and clean\.
Roxanne (marketing)kind, compassionate and knowledgeabel. We must have
asked 500 questions. Lunch, delicious, many choices
Apartment clean and well laid out
Walking thru the facility, i saw staff members stop, smile, and talk to residents. Sometimes only briefly but they were never ignored.

The people there are absolutely phenomenal.

The people there are absolutely phenomenal. They keep it very clean. They have enough activities going on and she eats far better than I do. There is one lady that works at the front desk that probably should be retired, other than that I can't think of anything that needs to be improved. They really are just like a family there. When I spoke with Lara we just instantly connected and when we went there we knew she would be comfortable there. It's beautiful.

Great Place

When I first began searching for a place for my parents, Chancellor's Village wasn't even a consideration. If it weren't for Carol Hull at A Place for Mom, I would never have visited it. I am forever grateful to Carol because Chancellor's Village is a true gem. Of all the places I took my parents, CV was the most warm and welcoming - both by staff members and the actual facility. Everyone helped us through the process of applying and worked with us to find the best apartment and move in date to suit my parent. CV is bright, cheerful, and full of friendly people. My parents have only been there a few days but I know they will love their new home and friends.

Best experience

We met a wonderful couple at chancellors village, all residents are happy and friendly. Roxanne has gone out her way to make us feel we belong at chancellors village. She is kind, patient, respectful of our situation. We are so thankful she is our advocate through this emotion process. After looking at several places she is one of the reason for us considering chancellors village. Once we workout some final details we will be moving forward.

Warm and Friendly

Chancellor's Village is a cozy, friendly place. The apartments are large and spacious. The staff is professional and kind and the dining room could beat any four star restaurant in the state.
I have had the pleasure of working with Roxanne and Lara and I am so impressed with their love for the community and it's residents. My grandparents lived at Chancellor's Village until my grandfather died. "Big Daddy" could be hard to please sometimes but he was very pleased at Chancellor's Village!

Charming

Chancellor's Village is such a charming community.
The apartments are large and spacious with open floor plans. The kitchens offer plenty of counter space and cabinets. (which you may not need as you will be looking forward to all of the wonderful meals Paul prepares each day). The staff is professional, warm and friendly.

I have had the pleasure of meeting several of the residents at Chancellor's Village and I can tell you first hand, that they love this community and take pride in treating their neighbors as family.

Chancellor Village and its wonderful staff are there to help each resident (and future resident) transition into their beautiful community with ease. We are very lucky to have such a great community in the Fredericksburg area!

Best Senior retirement community in Fredericksburg t

Love Chancellors Villiage!
When leaving mom there for two weeks respite care stay while we were away on vacation she loved everything about her stay . The apartments are beautiful and the facility very clean.
The dining room offers that " restaurant " feeling when sitting down to linen table cloths , wait staff neatly dressed and offering menu to order off of.
The staff are extremely helpful , friendly and amazing especially Lara Lewis who has helped my mom transition as a new Resident! To her and our surprise ! We are very excited for our mom and her new independent lifestyle in her beautiful apartment with screened porch looking out to gorgeous courtyard and grounds .
Thanks Chancellors Villiage for her new exciting journey !

Chancellor's Village is fabulous!

The folks at Chancellor's Village are wonderful! It is so stressful moving our senior family members, but they make the move in so seamless. The admin & nursing staff do whatever is needed to help settle in, and facilities' staff make sure everything is "just so." And the residents are fabulous!! They welcome each newcomer with open arms, to make sure they feel at home. The move coordinators make it happen with such ease. Thank you for being such a premier destination for retirement years!

Mom's Friendly New Place

When Mom was beginning to have loneliness issues at her residence in Florida, I moved her to Chancellors Village (CV) to be closer to me. The warmth and friendliness of the staff and her new neighbors was better than we could have imagined--much nicer staff and neighbors than her place in Clearwater (and they were very nice too). The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff is attentive to her and my needs in terms of a safe, comfortable place and asking what else needs to be done and so forth. She is doing extremely well at 94. We just hope management does a better job next time selecting the vehicle to transport the residents--tough for a 94 year old to climb into that old bus--but Mom does it and often (really, really nice men who drive the buses and who really help her get on and off)!!! She takes advantage of the many trips and shows that CV offers in the area plus shopping. She loves getting out and CV gives her that option. Plus, we like having dinner there with her. Really nice dining area and everyone is just so polite and friendly. The staff all knows Mom by name. She likes that!!! Glad she is at CV. What a comfort!

Mom's place

After visiting and dining at other local establishments, I selected Chancellors Village for mother, later recommended to and now also enjoyed by our prior neighbor. Chancellor's Village is hands down the best independent care facility in the Fredericksburg area. Mom, age 96, continued her passions for music by joining the choir, her passion for gardening with prepared resident plots, and enjoyment of family by winning the Halloween contest with children from the surrounding area. That is just one of continuing programs that visited. Outings included trips to the wonderful Marine Museum, theater/concerts and the more casual - Yoder's Market complete with small animals. The maintenance staff showered immediate and continued support to make her feel welcome to the nth detail. A hand selected ambassador helped mom learn the ropes. Rooms provide the most bang for the dollar. Computer classes are not mentioned in the site video which tells more. Outside the dining room doors actual serving selections wet the residents' appetite while resident provided music is enjoyed in the waiting area. The chef catered to my visiting brother's sever health needs upon his visit. Not enough praise can be bestowed for his compassion. Space, food, staff, opportunities, setting, transportation, cost and resident caliber are unsurpassed. I'd give a 4.5 star recommendation if allowed. There will be no remorse if you stop for a visit. Bet you stay.

The staff are friendly and helpful. ...

The staff are friendly and helpful. The facility is clean and well kept. The activities are varied and clients are watched over when not at the facility. They added charges to the monthly fees without notice and while they listened to my concerns, they did nothing about them.

Costly, but gives us peace of mind

They're not perfect, the cleanliness is good, the care is excellent as far as keeping up with her medications. She complained that they don't let her sleep enough but they get them up and get them dressed, they don't lie around in their gowns all day and they're just not going to let them sit in their rooms all the time. She does go to church activities on Sundays, she was in physical therapy for a little while but she does the little stretch classes, they get her up and going. Basically, Chancellor's Village was the first one that my wife actually toured and she really liked that one but it was a little more costly, but after everything was said and done we moved her over there but I think this is more her type of atmosphere, her own little apartment. She's been through a lot this year and it got to the point where she couldn't be left home alone. So far this has been working out very good, I think it's good for her and it gives the family a peace of mind.

Overall meets our expectations

I'm very pleased overall and I would highly recommend it to anybody who has a pet. I try to temper my expectations and knew from the get go that things were not going to be all rosy, no place is going to be like home but I think for all of us it has been a real good thing, you have to take all of the complaints with a pound of salt. I would say that the thing I maybe a little disappointed with is they really talk a good gameas far as getting my mom involved and getting her a buddy and they were good for the first week but then it tapered off. I think mom and a lot of other seniors need a friend for more than a week, it was kind of like they left her to her own devices. I think it's more of a sales device for them than an actuallity but other than that I feel the place has really met our expectations, cleanliness, staff is friendly and the food is really good.

Assisted Living -- With an Independent Lifestyle

Our mother, now 90, has lived at Chancellors Village for 15 years transitioning from independent to assisted living. The staff is first rate, always pleasant, attentive and patient. Daily support (eg. medications, bathing assistance, etc.) is well organized, efficient and very dependable.

Assisted living apartments are very clean and well maintained. One bedroom, bathroom, living room (with full size refridgerator, cabinets and sink), and private porch provides comfortable living. Dining room (3 meals per day) allows residents freedom to eat any time during serving hours. Chef and full wait staff is available at every meal.

Daily activities are always an option (field trips, movies, hair dresser, exercise, guest speakers and other entertainment). Sunday transportation to religious services and other transportation is available for doctor appointments and shopping during the week.

Assist living lobby and entrance (front desk, sitting room, staircase and elevator) is bright, clean, and cheerful. Birds and tropical fish in sitting room an added plus.

Overall, management and staff set Chancellor's Village apart from all other facilities.

the huge 'get in' $ is proh...

the huge 'get in' $ is prohibitive. independent living is very nice but too expensive. assisted living area is too small & too expensive.

$15,000 down, $3,000+ per month, Phon...

$15,000 down, $3,000+ per month, Phone extra

Chancellor's Village has been a part of Fredericksburg, Virginia since 1991. We have over 85 years of combined senior experience. We are located on 15 acre wooded campus, between Washington, DC & Richmond, VA. Chancellor's Village offers both independent and assisted living to suit your lifestyle. We are the only assisted living in Fredericksburg to have a three year license. We have porches and balconies with every apartment. We love visitors.