Hartland Hills - Lexington, KY

Only has Independent living, no higher levels of care.

Super friendly people. Can easily see my Dad fitting in here. But with his medical assistance, the cost is the same as many of the newer spots and ones close to my home and work. No real wellness/exercise program/facility but they do have one stationary bike.

New management is awful

Any review more than two years old is a relevant now. The new management is horrible!!!. They will treat your family member like [Removed]. I know this because of the way they treated my grandma. They were also jack up the price every year On the anniversary of when you moved in.

Holiday Marketing

Hi Shana, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience at Hartland Hills. We are always looking for ways to improve and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. Please reach out to the general manager, Matt, at [removed]. We look forward to speaking with you.

Loved the tour! The person we scheduled with was out sick but another person took us around. She was knowledgeable and provided good information. We met some residents and saw some rooms. We liked the location and price range was acceptable. When the time comes, we would return to look at this property.

Didn't Like It As Much As Others

We toured this community and it was nice. The property was very clean and looked well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, the type of room that my dad would be able to afford here was very small

Mom is Well in This Community

I'am satisfied with my mothers move to this community, It is a nice community with a good staff. The only thing they could improve on, is the response time when needed for maintenance. Other than that issue everything else is going well. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are good activities offer, and they provide nice meals for the residents. I know is she is in good hands in this community, and I would recommend it.

Only Complaint is the Meals, Other Than All is Well For Us In This Community

It has been an adjustment process for my father with his move to this community. He is doing okay, and I'am comfortable with his move to this community. They have a good staff, and they have been very friendly. His only complaint has been the portions of the food served, and his previous community had a salad bar. Other than that issue everything else is working out well. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. It is a nice community, and I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Aunt Loves it Here

This is the perfect community for my aunt, and her needs. Everything is working out very well, and she loves it here. She is fitting in very well with the other residents. I know she is safe, and in good hands. It is a good, safe community, and I would recommend it.

A Good Tour With Them

I liked the tour, it was a nice place and much bigger. We would have to use outside help for a lot of care that they can not provide. They don't provide a higher level of personal care. Not the best fit for us.

A Very Likable Community

My friend is doing fine and she likes all and everything that is here. The meals are tasty, the activities are plenty, the staff are nice, and the community is a well maintained facility.

Overall I am happy with this community

The staff are super fantastic. They offer a lot of activities and live entertainment. The food is really good. The community is clean and the grounds are beautiful. This community is open when you walk in. The open entry way leads to a huge open dining room. I would recommend this community.

The Place Is Managed Very Well!!

The Hartland Hills is a wonderful community. The place is always kept very clean. The maintenance is quick to fix any issues, the other day we accidently set off the alarm and they were in my room in minutes. The community offers a mixture of activities that I hope to try soon. The room that I am in is comfortable, with new carpet and paint. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a good place to move into.

Our Experience

My sister fell one night and they found her and had the ambulance take her to the hospital. When I went back to the community at 5 am, no one was there and the automatic door let me in. I thought they had supervision through the night, this was not discerning. Otherwise, I like them and it's a very lovely place. The atmosphere is good and the medical people are nice. She likes the food. Not much participation with activities because the elevator is far from her room.

It Is Enjoyable Here

My aunt is doing good at her community and we are happy with the place. She is happy and is having fun participating in activities, she enjoys it. The meals are good to her and it is a clean environment. I would recommend this community to others.

Nice place, friendly people!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Hartland Hills. They've made good on all of the promises they made before we moved in! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional!

I would recommend this community for independent living!

My dad is currently living at Hartland Hills and while we are looking for a place with more hands on care this community is a good place if you are looking for independent living. They offer transportation a few times a week and the staff are very friendly. The food is good and the building is well maintained. You are able to have a home care service come in to assist your loved one if needed.

Mom is so happy

Placing your parent is a very difficult decision. My siblings and I struggled to find the perfect match for our mother. I am thrilled with Hartland hills. I expected a difficult month of transition. She has just flurished. She is so happy. I could not be more pleased.

My mother in law has not said much about the activities. So far we have been very pleased with the services they have provided.

a new independant style of living

I have chosen Hartland Hills and it is everything I had hoped. It is cost effective, friendly. mnagers are kind and responsive. I have been here a little over a week and am all moved in and comfy. Have already made many new friends. reccomend highly!

Very friendly staff! The facility is super clean. They have many activities throughout the day to keep people active and involved. The food is great, with several options to choose from at each meal. It is in a very good residential area, close to lots of shopping.

The day we had our appointment to go look at the place we ended up showing up early which was at lunch time, so they invited us to sit down and have lunch, the food was good,everybody seemed friendly,the residents all seemed pretty happy and they called everybody by names. Besides showing us the rooms to look at they also showed us the other things they have to offer Doctor's room, laundry room, hairdresser, Chapel, tv area, game room ext. In the elevator they have a huge calendar for the month that lets you know what activities they are having and what time and where and they have a weekly calendar to let you know what they are having for each meal. Talked to some of the residents and alot of them have been there for over 5 years and they just love it then talked to a few that just moved in within the last year and they loved it to.The day we went to sign paper work after we were done we got to eat dinner there to. Before my mom lived in an apartment and you could just tell she wasn't real happy and she really didn't have an appetite she only weighed In 89 pounds but since moving her in a little over a month ago she always talks about what they're having for their meals what she likes about it, she made a comment the other day she was getting fat because she's gained 10 pounds but she looks healthier and looks way happier. She is glad she made the move and so are we.

I love this place! They have been so incredibly welcoming to my grandparents. The staff is excellent, food is great, all together, very satisfied.

My mom really likes it at Heartland Hills. She has made several friends, there are many activities and she likes the food. I'm so glad we found this place!

Nice place

Hartland Hills is doing a great job. The people are friendly, and the place always looks clean and nice. My loved one has settled in very well here and seems to really enjoy it. We're entirely satisfied with our choice!

Hartland Hills is a friendly, welcoming place

My mother moved to Hartland Hills from another, more expensive, independent living facility in Lexington. In the short time she has been there, she has found HH to be a friendlier, less institutional place. Rather than two meals a day, she has the option of three. Managers are on site at all times, so it is much easier to get repairs made or ask for assistance--no forms to be filled out or waiting forever. On the con side, the only transportation provided is a bus which is not handicap-friendly. There are no cars to take residents to appointments if they do not drive. Mother is much happier in her apartment here which has the light she has been missing. I know once she gets everything in place and her pictures on the wall, she will be overjoyed and glad she made the move--which when you are 94 years old can be very stressful!

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job overall at Hartland Hills! It is a clean, well kept, nice looking place, and everyone here has been very friendly. I'm really enjoying myself!

Food is marginal for Diabetics. Must accept items that are questionable for diabetics. Choices are not always good substitutes for Diabetics. Suggest that menus be reviewed by certified Diabetic dietitian trainer or councilor . Often have to pass on meal items and use items that are personally purchased at local markets to keep within acceptable Blood Sugar levels. Thank you for your serious consideration.

Holiday Retirement

Hi Roy,
I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review - we want our menu options to be enjoyable, but most importantly, we want it to be safe for all of our residents, so this is very good feedback. I've passed your comments onto our Resident Relations department for their review. You're welcome to call them as well at [removed] if you have anything else to add.

Thanks,
Katie

Nice place, overall!

They do a great job overall at Hartland Hills! They were incredibly helpful during the whole move in process, and went out of their way to get everything set up and help get her introduced to the community.The management and administrative staff are awesome, very communicative and easy to work with. They appear to have a lot to offer in terms of activities as well, although our loved one unfortunately doesn't participate much.

Rent too expensive for spac...

Rent too expensive for space. Mom didn't want to have to eat only at specific times and with only seated table options. Beautiful common spaces; very friendly staff. Pretty neighborhood.

Nice place with friendly residents.

Their big meal is during the middle of the day, and they had a lot of potatoes and pasta, and fried foods. That didn't work very well for her lifestyle. They had a lot of different activities if one wanted to participate. There were a lot of options available I thought it was well decorated and seemed to be very clean. The staff was pretty friendly. They were very good about maintenance, and responding to concerns. The other residents were very friendly, and they wanted to get to know her and ask her questions, I think that was a little overwhelming for my loved one.

All in all it's going pretty well.

I think the only complaint, mom has had, is that there could be more variety on the menus. When she sees stuff she likes it has been good. She has been very pleased and the staff has been very nice and helpful. All in all it's going pretty well.

Best price and best staff

Once or twice I've had to say something about the cleanliness but that was it and they responded immediately. I really, really liked them, they take care of him when I can't be there, we've had several emergencies and they try to call me but if they can't get ahold of me they call 911 and they stay with him until the ambulance comes. He has diabetes and they immediately test his blood sugar to make sure nothing's wrong with that. Hartland does not have the facilities to medically take care of someone so it's private pay and you have someone come in from a home care agency and they're always on staff so they call them so they can come to test his blood sugar. He did go through a transition, which everyone does for the first couple of months, he didn't want to be there but now he likes the people there, he thinks it's a good place, he just thinks they're all old. Relatively speaking he is young, he's 75 so they're using walkers and wheelchairs but he likes it.
It was the best price and I liked the staff immediately when I walked in. In fact, I would move in if I could, I don't need the care but I would feel safer and their apartments are huge.

Big let down

We were very disappointed with the food. I wrote them a letter that gave them the 30 day notice, I got a call asking if there was any way to keep my father there... it was my aunt and she's a woman. They weren't smart enough to check the files and there was no phone directory for residents. The managers weren't there long enough for the residents to know what their names were. Since February of this year there had been 13 changes in management. There is one woman from a care tenders agency that has an office there and she kind of oversees whatever gets prescribed unless you do something else but she couldn't give the care my aunt needed because she had too many folks so we had private care. The situation with medication was outrageous, it's partly my aunts fault and partly lack of appropriate oversight. I think they had a really good idea and expanded too rapidly and too broadly.

I just love it, I"m very satisfied. ...

I just love it, I"m very satisfied. I didn't look at too many more once I saw Hartland Hills. This is way better than the communities I lived in before.

They have staff on hand to help with medical needs.

They have a very wide range of activities - plenty to keep you busy all day.

This facility and staff has...

This facility and staff has been amazing. Virtually, as soon as I received a call from Ms. Parker, I also received a call and email from Hartland Hills. They were exceptionally accommodating and had excellent customer service all around. In addition, the visit was spectacular. The services offered as well as the facility are incomparable. The follow-up has been exceptional as well. My mother isn't even there yet and they are reaching out in such a caring manner. Wow. Truly a top-notch organization!!

Very nice. Allows residents oppertuni...

Very nice. Allows residents oppertunity to travel without much extra expense, providing much more independence. Live in staff & constant contact assures that changes in residents are noticed and followed up on. Staff is very knowledgable and helpful.

indep living option 3: no water aerob...

indep living option 3: no water aerobics support; very nice; beautiful, limit grounds to walk around; no indep transport support; go fun tours (changing leaves; downtown changes etc) no transition to assisted living

Situated on picturesque grounds in a quiet suburb of Lexington, you’ll be enchanted by our region’s gently rolling countryside lined with white wooden fences. Residents appreciate the convenience of being close to shopping, healthcare, dining, entertainment and culture.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind