From Our Experience

They are trying their best for my husband. While there is not enough help they still try their best. Staff are always leaving or calling off. My husband says the staff are friendly.

Mom is happy (and safe)!

My Mom has only been a resident for a short period of time but that said, is so much happier since moving out of another facility where she had to share a room and pay twice as much. While the caregivers have been top of the line, turnover seems to be a possible issue. Bottom line is when it's my time to pack up the house, I hope they have a spot for me!

Kenosha Senior Living Kenosha WI

This is not a place for senior living this is a nursing home for seniors dying. The majority of the seniors have Alzheimer's or dentist and are allowed to roam freely about, and hurt other residents. The Alzheimer's seniors have roamed into my dear friends room on numerous occasions and each time it has been requested that they not be allowed to do so, the staff has said we can't control that. There was no AC for two days presently and my dear friend has been sitting in 95 degree heat. She was given a fan today and we were told they did not know when it would be fixed. I wouldn't put my worse enemy in this home.

Not really what I expected

The food the serve to these people is way too 'fancy'
And it seems like they serve broccoli veggie mix all the time. The person I have there is a picky eater and they say they offer something alternative. The alternative is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They never have any cold meat such as ham or turkey to make a sandwich.
Staff members are constantly complaining about how busy they are and under staffed. They complain to the person I have there so she feels like she cannot ask them to do anything for her, as they will get mad.
I've sat in dining room while food is being served and aids sit at table with residences and are on their cell phones texting instead of helping residences or even talking to them.
Went one time later at night and could not find any worker. Finally found two and they were both outside, one was smoking and one was on her phone texting.
Overall I'm not very satisfied but feel like making a move somewhere else might result in same issues.

Friendly, Attentive, and Accommodating

They are doing a good job, we are pretty pleased with them. The communication from one shift to the next could be a improved. I know they are busy, but sometimes when I come in and ask a question they don't always know what happened the shift before. They are very friendly, and whenever I come it's unannounced, and I have observed how attentive they are. He is always well cared for, and his room is clean. They always provide an alternate meal if he doesn't like it, and they are very quick about accommodations if needed. They are very accommodating. They had a car show with a barbecue and they got everyone to join in, they are good and gentle encouragement. I have even seen someone come and stay on their own time to help out when they were understaffed.

Had a mixed experience here

Our experience here has been a bit hit or miss. In general things have gone well, but there are a few issues I'd really like to see them work on. The biggest issue we've had is that the food they serve just seems to be too "fancy", and my loved one would prefer some more traditional options.
I've also heard the employees complain about how understaffed and overworked they are. I can see this being the case, as the response times when you ask for assistance can be very long.

Amazing experience.

I had a wonderful experience with A Place For Mom. My advisor, Dominic was extremely patient and gathered all the info needed to make sure he could narrow down what would work for us. We thought she would have to go into a nursing home and he helped us find an amazing assisted living right in town. It was perfect. We can't thank them enough!

Absolutely Wonderful

They were wonderful, absolutely wonderful. The people there and hospice were they went far and beyond the call of duty. With Harmony, they would call us and let us know about anything and everything. They made her special food. Cindy, her nurse, was very good to her and very good to us. They were absolutely angels. Very very pleased.

Tons of Activities and Therapies

My mother is at the top level of care, and she is receiving good care. They have everything from physical, occupational, and speech therapy to activities like exercise, and music. Someone comes in and does crafts and bingo. There is something everyday to do. They offer pedicures with a foot soak in between podiatrist visits. There are not a lot of Alzheimer's patients, and my mom has Alzheimer's. It would be nice to see some sort of music therapy because I believe it would really help. My mom benefits from being in a smaller community. Familiarity with people and surroundings is very important with Alzheimer's.

This really surprised me, H...

This really surprised me, Harmony was a very nice place and my mother liked it a lot. Patricia was very welcoming and gave us a great tour. I liked the fact that the aides are long term, we met one that had been there since Harmony was opened. That really impressed me.

Basic Services for our residents include a Private suite, Health Status Monitoring, Three Home Cooked Meals Daily, Snacks Upon Request, Routine Housekeeping and Laundry Services, 24-hour Security and Staff Availability, Emergency Call System in Each Unit, Health Promotion and Exercise Programs, Self-Medication Monitoring, Social, Fitness, Educational and Recreational Activities, Utilities and Basic Cable television.This is a brick and sided single story building. Living room and dining rooms are all open concept. Each resident has their own private suite with small refrigerator, private bath and closet. Some suites do have vaulted ceilings. Off street parking is available. Each building makes you feel warm and welcome from the moment you walk in the front door. Everything from the fireplace to the delicious smell of the home-cooked meals prepared by our staff. It is like an extended family. The Common living room area have a large screen tv and more available for resident use. Daily Activities and Menu's are always posted in common area.