Brookdale Pleasant Prairie - Kenosha, WI

Brookdale Pleasant Prairie - Kenosha, WI has yet not published prices.

The smell hits you hard

The second I walked into this facility, I was almost knocked over by the overwhelming stench. That was enough to make me not choose this place. I looked at the rooms, trying to see if it would be suitable for my mom, and there's no counter space. Everything seems so dark, it's hard to feel bright and cheery when there's nothing that's bright and cheery about it. I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

"Our Chef"

My mom has settled in quite well here and she loves to brag about "Our Chef" and the wonderful food that he prepares. Mom likes her apt and she had started to take part in the activities and the field trips they offer. All the staff are very friendly and attentive to their residents. There's a very nice courtyard that mom can go out on and visit with the other residents too. I would definitely suggest scheduling a tour.

Options of care for a loved one

I liked the tour of this community for the care of a loved one. The staff have been helpful and caring to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. This community had a lot to offer and we would of like the care from the nice staff. Families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very outdated!!

When I toured Brookdale, the tour guide was friendly and able to answer any questions, but I did not really care for the place. I thought it was very outdated and not exceptionally clean. It was dimly lit. when I went into the apartment, the cabinet was coming off of the wall. I probably was there 15 minutes before I wanted to run out of there.

Everything is Well for My Mother Here

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but so far everything is working out pretty well. My mother is in good hands, and I know she is safe. This community has been very helpful with all the help they have provided us with. They have followed through with everything they have promised us. This is a nice community.

Very supportive

We moved my mother in here shortly before she passed away and it was a nice community.They were very good to her and supportive through our difficult time.

Good Care for families

This community is very clean and taken care of. Excellent staff who are very caring. They have great activities. The food is excellent and a great variety. I have recommended this community to other families for the great care and value.

I would retire here!!

We love the staff. They are very good to our loved one and us. The food is wonderful. The community is clean and well taken care of. The staff encourage him to participate in the daily activities. We are comfortable with him here and I would recommend this community.

Needs Updating!!

I felt that that the community needed some updating done to it. The facility seemed older and could use a couple of things fixed. The guide was informative and i thought it was up-kept. I was able to see the rooms and the guide did tell me about the community being pet friendly. My overall view about it was that everyone was nice and friendly.

This was a beautiful facility, but it is very expensive--the most expensive out of six places I've checked out. I wish my mom could afford it. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Needs Updating!!

The staff that i met visiting was very nice. I didn't like that it looked really dark. Meals were only served two times a day. The tour guide was very knowledgeable he was able to explain all the paperwork good. They did offer a complimentary meal during the tour. The community was nice and clean.

Brookdale Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha, WI

From my first encounter with facility and staff, our experience was nothing short of pleasant. Everyone is cheerful and very willing to answer questions. Since moving my mom into Brookdale she is so much happier. The other residents are people she can relate to and enjoys their company. It is so wonderful not having to worry about my mother's happiness and well being.

Review of Brookdale Pleasant Prairie - Kenosha, WI

Least liked of the three visited Felt impersonal too large. Staff very nice. Linus needs an outside place to sit in the summer and didnt see that here. Clean but too dark.

not perfect but it is good

Brookdale Pleasant Prairie is not perfect but it is good. One thing the staff are very good at here is sharing information throughout the entire staff. Everybody is aware that my wife has Alzheimer. If there are ever any issues they know how to take care of them. The one frustrating thing is the meals are always late. It's at least 15 to 20 minutes late. Overall I am really pleased with this facility and the staff is just great and so nice.

director there needs to follow though

They lost their housekeeper at Brookdale Pleasent Prairie but there is a new one starting. The director there needs to follow though a little better. He is a nice friendly guy but he just seems to forget a lot! The food is really quite good and mom is super fussy so that's saying a lot. Overall I am pleased with the facility.

Nice looking place

When I visited this community, I just toured the senior living area. The assisted Living area was actually at a different location. I did not have enough time to visit when I was there, which made it hard to ask all the questions that I had. It was a nice community though. It was a very nice place and very clean. The apartments were nice and spacious. The only bad thing was when my sister went and toured after I went, there were a lot of hidden fees that came out. I was not aware of some fees. Overall, it was a nice visit.

DO NOT moved a loved one here!

I moved my grandmother to this facility in November of 2013. They really laid out the red carpet when we were shopping around for a home for her. The second we moved her in, things just went downhill from there. The staff was overworked and underpaid. The management was HORRIBLE. They would forget to take my grandmother for meals, she was often in soiled diapers, and her room was filthy. Minimum activities, if at all. The RN for the facility failed to obtain a prescription for my grandmother after she was discharged from the ER, which resulted in her getting readmitted to the hospital with a raging infection. I called the manager there, nothing changed. I called the director, still nothing. I called the regional manager, STILL nothing. Then they started complaining about how difficult my grandmother was and that they couldn't care for her anymore. I moved her out and it was the best decision I ever made. DO NOT move a loved one here.

Need a Better Nurse

A friend's mother was in Wynwood up until recently. Her mother needed to be hospitalized due to a lot of pain in her stomach and constipation. The nurse, the only nurse they have there, ignored the pain her mother told her that she had.
After going back to the facility with a prescription from the doctor to continue on a regulated amount of stool softener, the nurse decided that her mother didn't actually need the full amount the doctor had prescribed and didn't give the full amount to her. Her mother ended up BACK in the hospital constipated AGAIN.
Her mother is currently at a different facility. Wynwood needs a different nurse in this facility who doesn't think older people are making up stories about their pain and also doesn't think SHE knows more than the doctor when it comes to prescriptions! I would not go there as long as the current nurse is working there.

They are great.

They are great. There are a lot of additional fees. You pay more for the bottom floor than the top floor. It's been very nice for her. It's clean and the staff is friendly.

She was so happy from the first night she was there.

The staff is very friendly. They keep it very clean, and they are just amazing, right on top things. They have plenty of things going on, and they take them on outings and sometimes just for a drive. She loves the food. She was so happy from the first night she was there.

Immaculate, fantastic exper...

Immaculate, fantastic experienced staff, both mother & father-in-law can stay in same room, kitchen in room, great batthrooms in room 10.5 out of 10.0. The best place Ive seen so far. Erika is extremely thorough and professional. I opted to see this place and not Clare Bridge for this appeared to be more suitable for both in laws.

Wynwood was a much larger h...

Wynwood was a much larger home. Very friendly staff and residents. However my mother felt overwhelmed by size.

Very nice clean facility. ...

Very nice clean facility. Staff were all very friendly. I got the impression that this facility was for clients with more care needs than Mom has right now.

This was my father's favori...

This was my father's favorite. Large spacious dinning room with large picture windows to watch the birds and other wildlife. It was easy to navigate and the staff was incredible.

Nestled in picturesque Kenosha, WI, Brookdale Pleasent Place provides assisted living for frail elderly in a home-like neighborhood setting. Professionally trained staff are available around the clock for assistance and aid in daily living tasks such as grooming and bathing. Medicine dispersal and doctors orders compliance are supervised; a nurse is available on call. All units are emergency accessible. On-site physical therapy is provided to assist with mobility, and the secure outdoor areas have walking paths and gardening areas. Nutritious meals are prepared onsite and served communally. Cozy indoor common rooms are ideal for a quiet afternoon with a game or craft.