Casa del Mare Assisted Living & Memory Care - Kenosha, WI

Scared for my mom

While there visitng my mother during the morning I heard a member of the carestaff in the maroon colored shirt telling a resident that they smelled terrible & people didn't want them around. I felt so bad when I seen the look on their face & my heart ached for them. It got me wondering how they were speaking to my mom and I am afraid to say anything for fear that it will cause this person to treat my mom badly or so cruel if they haven't already especially since my mom seems no where near as outgoing as she use to be. I'm tied into a lease but believe me when its up I will be relocating my mom.

Beautiful facilities, location, and a friendly staff.
Offers everything needed for my parents.

No one knew I was coming. the gal after 5 minutes that answered the door was very nice and after getting permission from her supervisor gave me a tour. the only unanswered question was about pricing.

Experienced and Knowledgeable Caregivers

My loved one really seems to like it here at Casa Del Mare. The caregivers seem very experienced and knowledgeable, and the staff have been very willing to accommodate us and any concerns we might have, which I've certainly appreciated. The community is kept clean and tidy, and my loved one seems to really enjoy the food. Overall, Casa is a good fit for us, and we are very happy.

Stephanie Kucher

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and other families know about your experience and your loved one's experience at Casa del Maré. We are so proud of our hardworking team and know they care so much for each and every resident. The team is focused on providing a warm, caring environment for residents, families, and visitors alike. If there is anything else we can do for you or your loved one, please feel free to stop by anytime and chat with us.

Not a great place

When I first toured Casa del Mare looking for an assisted living facility for my mom, I noticed that their lobby is very clean and nice but it’s very dark. There’s a front desk with someone usually sitting there that has to buzz you into the building, but after 4:30pm, or on the weekends, if you don’t have a key then you have to wait for an aid to open the door which could take hours depending on how busy they are. The staff there doesn’t seem very knowledgeable about the facility and how certain things around there work, it just doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of training. They have a high turnover rate from what I’ve seen with staffing as well. There don’t seem to be a lot of food options available but they do have a variety on a day to day basis so you aren’t constantly eating the same foods each week. However, when you get food sometimes it isn’t a complete meal. Some of the cold foods wind up being put under heat lamps with the rest of the hot food so it winds up being served warm or hot. The best meal of the day, according to my mom, is breakfast. The housekeeping lady is wonderful. She’s knowledgeable about the facility, maybe more so than the staff, and answers any questions you have. Everything stays clean and they clean the residents’ sheets and laundry once a week. Activities wise, they seem to have something new going on every day like going shopping, going out to eat, bingo, card games, and even church services. But a lot of the residents seem to be unresponsive so more often than not you’re left to do things on your own. My first choice was not this community. I’d say if you have the opportunity to look or be accepted elsewhere, then go for it.

Stephanie Kucher

Thank you for taking the time to review Casa del Maré. We strive to create a welcoming, knowledgeable environment for our residents and their loved ones and we're sorry you had a less than excellent experience. Because training and dining are two very important aspects of our community, we'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss further. Please visit us in the office, give us a call at [removed], or write to us at [removed].

Stephanie Kucher

Hi there, I didn't realize the telephone number and e-mail would be removed. You can send an e-mail to info[at]capricommunities[dot]com to follow up if that's most convenient for you. Otherwise please feel free to visit our Executive Director during office hour: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.

A tour for care for family

We toured this community and did not like that it did not appear to be clean.We liked that the staff was able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. The menu was appealing and they do offer activities. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one for what they are looking for.

Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback. We want all residents, loved ones, and visitors to feel welcome and at home; we apologize that the cleanliness of our community was anything less than stellar and we have brought this up with our team.
We are so proud of our residents and our team at Casa del Maré - they strive to make everyone feel welcome! Our Gain and Retain Overall Wellness (GROW) program ensures all aspects of resident wellness are touched on. Feel free to visit us again for an upcoming event!

My Visit To The Community

The tour I had was fine. This was a big facility and I did not want my mother-in-law to get confused. It was not the right place for us.

A good tour!

The people I met during our tour were nice. The community was clean. This community was just to big for us. I felt he would have been isolated.

Stephanie Kucher

We're happy you took the time to tour our beautiful community! We appreciate your feedback. Casa del Maré has many activities and we always look forward to fulfilling resident-suggested activities to encourage them to participate and socialize. If you have any additional questions or if we can help in any other way, please feel free to reach out!

Various Activities!!

There was no medical help for my father in the community and there weren't many amenities available around as well. The location didn't work for us. Meals were also not included. The guide that provided me with a tour gave me a lot of feedback. The staff met along were nice and attentive. Everything was orderly fixed and cleaned up.

Hello!
We are glad you were able to tour our beautiful community. We are so proud of our team there and know they help each resident and visitor feel comfortable and happy!
Palazzo del Maré at St. Catherine Commons provides beautiful, spacious apartments for residents along with Active Live Service Options which can include meals, laundry, and/or housekeeping services but not clinical/medical services. Casa del Maré at St. Catherine Commons provides clinical and non-clinical assistance through individualized care plans to its residents and three balanced meals are included for each resident.
I encourage you to contact us so we can further discuss the perfect options for your father at either Palazzo del Maré or Casa del Maré!

My Father Loves Here

This is a fantastic community, my father is doing well here. He loves the place and we are satisfied. A place for mom was amazing with all they help they provided. My sister says they are providing him with great care. We are pleased with everything they have done for us.

Hello!
Our care team is dedicated to helping residents enjoy an active lifestyle with the freedom to spend time as they please. We are so happy to hear your father is enjoying life at Casa del Maré!

Can't Beat It!

This is a beautiful location. The staff are caring and upbeat. The food is exceptional. My dad can always order an alternative if he does not like the menu for the day. Lots of activities. There is a bus for outings- he just needs to sign up for the trip. Things are available for independent activities as well. My dad started out in the independent side of the campus and then moved over when he needed more help. His apartment is beautiful. I have seen the Memory Care Floor and there are more staff available to help. They have programs and they go on the bus also. I think this is one of the nicer places to live. I am very happy with them.

Hi, KRG!
We are so glad to hear your dad is happy at Casa del Maré and is enjoying all the perks of living in our community!

Horrible!!!

This has got to be one of the worst facilites in Kenosha. The care received is minimal, at best. [removed]. I had numerous problems with their staff; management, nurses, etc... My Mother started out in the Assisted Living apartment, then I was told that she had dementia and needed to be moved to their Memory Care Unit. She became confused, depressed and paranoid. I had never in my life seen my Mother be paranoid of anything! She complained that one of the staff members(a male) was abusive towards her(some what physically and mentally). I talked to the Director as well as other staff members and he was let go. They of course never admitted that to me, I found out through a staff member and the Director denied it and brushed me off, like they always did. I have never, nor will I ever forgive them for the treatment and lack of care that she received there. My Mother passed away [removed]. Whatever you do, don't EVER allow your family member to live there. To this day I feel such an overwhelming amount of guilt.

A great location, with a wonderful, c...

A great location, with a wonderful, caring staff.

It's very clean the staff is great.

It's very clean the staff is great. I know she is happy and not distressed. She isn't crying to come home or anything. I haven't had any complaints so far, and nobody has brought any concerns to my attention at this point.

Incredible view of the lake...

Incredible view of the lake. The residents looked well taken care of. The director knew all the residents names. It was a beautiful new building. Many activities available.