Meadowmere Southport - Kenosha, WI

Not as good as other reviewers may indicate

Staff turnover is high & residents do not receive the help they need in a timely manner. If help is needed in the evening, it is sometimes nonexistent. Quality of care has decreased in the last year.

Even a 92y/o set in her ways loves Meadomere!

I manage an independent Sr apartment in Walworth County and recently had one of our tenants who lived here 24 yrs move to this facility. She came back for a going away party and couldn't say enough about how much she loves her new home. She said the food is great and served in abundance, there are plenty of things to do, the staff and other residents made her feel welcome right away. Several of our tenants have gone to visit her and have all said how happy she is and how nice this facility is. If my mother didn't have to stay in IL (for insurance purposes) I would be taking her on a tour of Meadowmere!

Grateful wife for respite care.

My husband came in to Meadowmere for respite care while I was out of town for 13 days. He is a tremendous fall risk.
I (We) felt very confident that he would get the care he needed in the facility and in the staff.

They were excellent with him in all areas of care. Taking him to meals, activities and helping him as needed.

He participated in activities and got some of the socializing that he does not get at home.

We are grateful to the whole team at Meadowmere from front office to the kitchen, wait/kitchen staff and all nursing staff.
I would bring it back again! THANK YOU!!

Overpriced + Mismanaged = Look Elsewhere

Don't believe the hype. This facility was voted as a "Best Of Kenosha County 2015" facility. We had a loved one at this facility and concluded that we should have looked elsewhere for better care. Nothing could be further from the truth about this place being the "best" at anything. The on-site top management was lazy and invisible in the day to day operations of the facility. However, the front desk staff was professional, courteous and extremely helpful to the residents and their families. On site memory care does NOT exist. This facility is not a true continuum of care facility. Furthermore, the scheduled daily activities looked good on paper but RARELY did the schedule play out the way it was listed. Activities were frequently cancelled, shortened or just didn't happen. The activities director had a laize-faire approach to her position and did not actively seek out residents to join scheduled daily activities. We witnessed a high turnover rate at this facility due in large part to the poor compensation of lower level employees. The daily menu was average at best and lacked healthy, low fat, low carb options. From our family's experience, we noticed many residents gain significant amounts of weight after residing there for awhile. Overall, this facility was a terrible value for the amount of money we paid.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much for your input. Meadowmere Southport and all of Five Star Senior Living communities offer a variety of activities and programs designed to encourage spiritual, mental and physical well-being of our residents. We encourage you to reach out to our Lifestyle360 director at the community and visit our web site to learn more about the program: [removed]
We strive to deliver quality care to all of our residents and hold our staff only to the highest standards of hospitality and care. With that being said, we are always looking for ways to improve, so if you are willing, we kindly ask you to call our Gold Star Service line [removed] and provide us more details.

The staff is outstanding

The only thing I would mention that needs improving at Meadowmere Southport Assisted Living is they have a room by the elevators where they keep garbage and recycling. It gets really smelly down there. I'm not sure if there is a better way but that's the only thing I would change. The staff is outstanding. They have great activities. My parents are are set in their ways so they aren't participating yet. The food is excellent. I've been really happy with this facility.

Nice visit

When I visied this community, I thought it was very nice. I found out that it was only for senior living, but they do have a memory care area as well. They grandfather residents in if they develop issues later on after residing there. They had lots of activities and even provided transportation to those who needed to get to dr. appointments and whatnot. Overall, it was a nice visit.

An honest opinion

I know that my aunt is in a safe environment, with lots of eyes on her and a lot of interaction with people. It is more
living than she experienced in her own home. Lab orders are sent there so that she doesn't have to go out. PT comes there, per dr orders, as well as a podiatrist. There seems to be some issue as to using the dr on premises. I think some of the problem has to do with Racine vs Kenosha, and admitting rights into hospital. The elevator was an issue at first, but with lots of practice, my aunt is a wiz now. The food is great and staff really does observe how everyone is doing health wise. The bathing is a problem because my aunt prefers a tub, and rooms only have showers with a very rudimentary shower head, which apparently I'll have to change. The spa tub is fantastic, but getting her there is not easy, and staff cannot force her...it is asst living. The nurse on property is wonderful, I don't know how she handles it all. My hat's off to all the staff who choose to work there.

Everybody is so friendly!

They could have maybe a few more activities. The food is good, I think they could use a few more vegetables, it's a little on the fatty side, but it's food they grew up with, and they seem to enjoy it. They were very friendly and everybody said hi when we toured. Even the resdents are friendly they talk to each other and smile at one another, they even talk to the residents that are less responsive. She has a buzzer system on her wrist and they responded right away and called me right away when she had to use it.

A Little Too Independent

This community was nice, but it was too independent for my mother with Alzheimer's. I also thought that it was a little to big.

There are many things that are very n...

There are many things that are very nice here. But there are a couple of things that I complained about. When I moved in the shower stall was NOT clean. I complained and the lady (after cleaning it ) said "you mean you want the walls of the shower cleaned too". I know that I moved in on Sept.1 during a major holiday but things did not go smoothly,
Starting Tues. things went much better. My apartment is nice, the people here are helpful and cheerful. I think that they could do a better job of cleaning( not only showers) But I do like it here. I had never seen this facility before I moved in. Food is much better than I had before

Happy With The Apartment

It's my brother's mother-in-law that lives there. They like it very much. The problem is that she is waiting for her husband to come live with her. He's in a rehab facility and I don't think he'll be coming to live with her. She misses her home and stays in her room all the time. She's happy with the apartment itself.

Deborah Parke, who I worked with from A Place for Mom, is golden. She is just a jewel! She is so helpful and went above and beyond answering my questions so she gets kudos too.

Lovely facility. Everyone ...

Lovely facility. Everyone I met was very friendly and welcoming. Travel distance from my home is my biggest concern.

Very large, clean, and take...

Very large, clean, and taken care of. The staff and the director were friendly and knew all the residents names. Spacious dinning room and plenty of activities.

We are conveniently located on the south side of Kenosha, with easy access to Interstate 94 and five minutes from downtown. Meadowmere residents enjoy 24-hour assistance with day-to-day tasks in a setting that fosters independence. We recognize that a person's optimum health and well being are the result of caring for the whole person - physically, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually and socially. Meadowmere is committed to partnering with families to meet the challenges of life for older adults.