Home Harbor Assisted Living - Racine, WI

Great facility, beautiful apartments Only food is expensive $305.00 additional for each breakfast,lunch & dinner. For my Dad I selected only dinner. I will Pea Pod drop breakfast items and he likes fruit for lunch.

In Heaven

I called and check on mom the other day and she said I know I'm not in heaven but it sure seems that way here, I love it here. She has a 1 bedroom apartment with a big patio area that over looks the street which she loves. The workers and the residents are very friendly.They will go and check on mom. Mom is enjoying all the daily activities they have to offer and the outings . She is going to an exercise class and making lots of friends.

Expensive living!!

I have mixed feelings about how my mothers stay is going at this community. The staff are friendly and and seem to be happy most of the time while they are working. My mother has to move out of this facility because they want to charge for every additional thing that she would need help with and that is just a little ridiculous in my opinion.

Mom is enjoying it!

I think so far it has been a very good fit for her. My mother seems to be very happy with getting to know other residents and she loves the meals. She is hoping to join in some of the many activities that they have available, They have a hairdresser on site and the facility is pretty large, so there is a lot going on which is what she wanted.

Expensive Community!!

When I had gathered all of the information about this community it had initially looked cheaper then some of the other facilities I had taken a tour of for my loved one. Once I sat down and started going over all the paper work I realized that they charge you for every little extra thing. If my mom needed to press the call light for help or even needed help once in a while getting around she would be charged. All of it added up and began to get really expensive, I was not impressed.

Great community!

The staff that offered the tour at Home Harbor Assisted Living were very pleasant. The community is nicely kept and maintained. It would have been helpful if the community would disclose if they accepted Medicaid before having to take the full tour. This could save other families a lot of time in their senior living search.

I think it's a fantastic place.

My loved one has been here for about two months so far. I think it's a fantastic place. Everyone that he came in contact with has been friendly and courteous. The place is immaculate. The staff is phenomenal. It's a great value. He feels safe. They really help you with finding out which financial plan will work for you. I have recommend this facility to people I know. It's fantastic. (Activities is not applicable)

Home Harbor Is the Gold Standard For Assisted Living

I typically don't write reviews, but I did not hesitate to write this one. My sister moved to Home Harbor two weeks ago and LOVES living there! She had a stroke 1 1/2 years ago and has been living in our home since then. All of the Home Harbor team, and I mean every single one, has been absolutely fantastic. The facility is inviting, clean, incredibly organized and the residents and staff are HAPPY! As my sister's primary care giver over the last 1 1/2 years, I was understandably concerned that she live in a safe, clean and positive environment, I am VERY particular, and I can honestly say that I have absolutely no concerns about her safety or care at Home Harbor. From the moment she moved it, she was welcomed by everyone and has been involved in more social activities and therapy than we could have ever hoped for. She summed it up best when she said, "This is a joyous place to live and I'm so happy here!" What more could we ask for? If I could fit into my 8th grade cheerleading outfit (which, trust me ... I can't!) I would do a cheer loud enough for everyone who is looking for Assisted Living to hear. Home Harbor has their act together and when I get to the point where I need to live in Assisted Living, I hope there is an apartment available!

Lovely facility. Everyone w...

Lovely facility. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Very nice apartments. Good security. ...

Very nice apartments. Good security. Nice sliding glass doors with patio. Long hallways . Wish there were more windows.