GUARDIAN ANGELS BY THE LAKE - Elk River, MN

GUARDIAN ANGELS BY THE LAKE - Elk River, MN has yet not published prices.

We will get back to you....NOT!

Called this facility numerous times and visited, took the tour. ALWAYS had to call them as they obviously were not interested in having my father live there so, they never returned my calls or called me back when they said they were going to. Very poor customer service. They seemed very apprehensive about having an Alzheimer's patient with sun-downers live in the memory care facility? This is quite common in this disease and I would assume that they would be more equipped and knowledgeable about the dimensions of dementia. Not sure where they are trained or if they get proper training on a regular basis? This should not be something they are concerned about on a quality memory unit. I have heard a lot of bad things about this facility in the community over the years but wanted to have my father close by so, thought I would check them out for myself. I would have to side with the "definitely not impressed" group. They seemed to be quite condescending to the population they serve as well, very disrespectful.

One of Our Top Choices

That was one of our first choices. At first they said they would be able to take my wife but then they completely changed their criteria or something and said she didn't fit the setting. I'm not sure what happened but it looked like a really nice place.

Very Friendly but Too Far Away

That was too far away. The people were very friendly there when we went through. Because it was so far away it would have to be a real stand out for us to put my mother there. I wasn't any more appealing than other places we were looking at. We wanted it close, where family could come visit. It was kind of remote.