Walker Methodist Plaza - Anoka, MN

Excellent!

My father lives at Walker Methodist Plaza, and it has been a great experience so far. His apartment itself is newly renovated, so everything is in great condition, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. And there are so many activities that my father can take part in such as music and exercise classes, games, and trips outside of the community. Really my only complaint is that I feel the food could be better. Overall, Walker Methodist Plaza has been an excellent place for my father.

We chose Walker Methodist Plaza Gardens care suites as it was the right level of care, a beautiful place, resident focused, friendly and helpful and near to where the family lives.

I found the facilities to be clean and cheerful. The tour was very informative and helped me in my decision process. I really liked the location of the facilities--it is only a couple blocks to the downtown Anoka Main Street area.

My Visit To The Community

This community was our second choice. I liked the dining options as you are able to get what you want when you want it. The community was well taken care of and the people I met were nice. The community we chose just happened to be in a better location for mom.

Mother's care

I like the excellent care for my mom. She is happy here and really likes the staff that are very caring and friendly. We like the meals and are pleased with the variety. My mom does like keeping busy and active. They allow her to help set tables and she is really enjoying being active with all the daily activities that are offered. We would highly recommend the care at this community to other families.

We were not impressed!!

This community seemed dark and seemed to be more like an institution. The staff I met were nice. The community seemed old and dingy.

I Enjoy The Activities Very Much

I'am doing well at this community. I do like it here and everyone is very friendly and kind. The community looks great, they keep my room and everything very nice and clean. I enjoy playing bingo, but there are many activities for me to choose from. The food is fair, I enjoy most of the meals. Overall my experience is going very well and I would recommend it.

Mom is very happy with Walkers friend...

Mom is very happy with Walkers friendliness and location

Not A Good Fit For My Brother

I think that Walker Plaza was very good. My brother just had more needs than they were able to meet so it just didn't work.

Age in place

The biggest reason we chose Walker Plaza is because they provide different levels of care. Our loved one would be able to age in place. They could stay in the same building and same apartment but go from independent living to assisted living and everything in between. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Caters to a broad spectrum ...

Caters to a broad spectrum of needs. Great activity calendar with lots of variety and options.

Visited in spring. A nice smaller mo...

Visited in spring. A nice smaller more homey facility. Unit was very nice and would meet Mom's needs. EW seemed fine. In browsing the material it seemed the base prices was reasonable but a lot of things were ala-carte so we need to compare carefully.

Nice place, good options/ services fo...

Nice place, good options/ services for my mom. Good location with easy access to shopping.

Our Community
At Walker Methodist Plaza, located in historic downtown Anoka, we ease everyday responsibilities and embrace active lifestyles. We are committed to serving your needs, supporting your wants, and enabling your dreams.
You can live with as little care as you’d like – and if the time comes that you’d appreciate a helping hand, just let us know. You stay right where you are in the apartment that is home – we bring the care and support to you. So comfortable. So convenient. So easy.
There are a broad range of amenities included in your monthly fee. Many additional services are also available for a minimal fee.
Included amenities:
•10 meals (lunch or dinner) per calendar month
•24 –hour emergency call system
•Transportation to outings, shopping, and errands
•Enriching activities, social events, and spiritual programs
•Living expenses: heat, water, garbage, and recycling
•Complimentary laundry on each floor