Rose Arbor & Wildflower Lodge - Maple Grove, MN

Be careful

We moved Mom into Rose Arbor a few months ago for assisted living. We did not realize at the time they were going through major transitions with staff and management. Be cautious if considering this property for your loved one.

In these few months, they have changed Executive Directors twice and are on their third director of nursing. Because of the new management, there are numerous policy changes for the staff, and they are also leaving. Communication and follow through are lacking. The new director is trying, but is overwhelmed with issues. We hope things improve soon and we don't have to move again.

Food is better than average, and the apartments are large for assisted living. They have a wide variety of activities, and the staff and residents are very friendly.

I toured and like Wildflower Lodge and I put a deposit down on a room for Mom. Dominic Gambino with "A Place for Mom" referred me to the location and he has been very helpful. I hope it all works out to move Mom there soon.

Outdated

I toured Rose Arbor while looking for living options for my Brother-in-law. I felt that the community was alright, but it is an old facility, and seemed outdated to me. I also didn’t like that the memory care unit was tiny and the outside space were small, so I chose to look at other communities.

Rose Arbor & Wildflower Lodge

Rose arbor and Wildflower lodge has been a very positive experience so far for my parents. The staff always seems quite nice and friendly, the food is excellent, and they have enough activities to keep the residents busy such as Yoga, cards, and arts and crafts among others. We also find that Rose Arbor has more security measures put in place that some other communities that we toured, which is very important to us. It’s a relief to know that my parents are safe there. We would recommend this community to others.

Too Much Like a Nursing Home

I toured Rose Arbor while looking for living options for my father, and I was not impressed overall. I felt that the community was dreary and too much like a nursing home. I wanted to move my father into a community that would be comfortable and would give him lots of opportunities to be enriched and to keep busy, and I just didn’t feel comfortable moving him here.

Very Nice Community

We had a nice tour of this community, it is a good facility. Everyone we met was very kind, and helpful. The staff answered our questions, and were a pleasure. They do a good job with the cleanliness, everything looked great. The experience went very well overall.

Has Reglious Services

I toured this community a while back and it seemed okay. The staff is very diverse but very pleasant and nice. One of the major features that they offered was they held mass there which is a big thing for my mom she is a devoted Catholic and needs to attend her services. The salespeople were helpful and provided me with pricing information and invited me and mom back to have a meal here to see what she might think about moving here.

Husband Is Well In This Community

My husband is doing well since his move to this community. I do feel comfortable with his move to this facility. Everything has worked out great, and our experience is going very well since his move to this community.

A tour for care

I toured this community and found it to be smaller than what I wanted for care. The staff were very nice and were able to answer the questions I had for the care that is offered. This community was clean and maintained. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a family member.

Staff lacks training and compassion

We've been having a lot of problems with the evening staff. The day crew is wonderful and some of the ladies even come into my father's room and talk to him. Our concern with the night crew is we had it set up for them to remind my father to take his medication. They agreed on this from the beginning. He needs help with his nebulizer and inhaler. They have consistently forgotten to remind him to take his medicine. They've even forgotten to get him for meal time.Our family is there everyday and we continually have problems when the night staff comes in. Members of the crew have even lied about giving him medication and argued with our family. Some of the staff is very imitating and make us very uncomfortable. We have also had issues with the housekeeping not coming in as often as they are supposed to.They are doing better since we brought it to the directors attention. My father enjoys it here and has made a few friends. We are very pleased with how well he has adjusted and we chose this community because it is so close to us.Unfortunately, if they cannot resolve the issues with his medication we will have to move him to another community.

Impressive Community!!

I was impressed with how clean they kept there property and how well maintained the bedrooms where kept for all of the residents at this community. The staff was also very welcoming with lots of great information for my mother and I. Overall was a great experience I just ended up using home health care for my mother.

Outstanding care for my sibling

My sister is happy in this community. The staff is very nice. We did like that she would be able to get around easier. She does like the physical therapy and the activities that are helping her. She is happy with the meals that are offered. We The community is clean and maintained. We are happy and have recommended others to this community.

Woodsy Community

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. It was an okay tour. The decor of the community is very woodsy. From what I saw for the most part the community appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. This is a nice community for the right person.

Avoid for memory care

My father was in the Wildflower Lodge memory care. Please stay away! I can confidently say he was neglected for his 1 year stay there. Each time we went to visit his hearing aids were never working. The "activity" for the day consisted of moving the residents in front of a TV to watch a musical show. The staff barely speaks English and they are NEVER around!! Residents would be left in their wing without a single staff person to be found. We had to search out staff & that was very difficult. One visit my dad actually made it out the front door!!! The lay out of the building is a nightmare for dementia. Long, twisty hallways that a person without dementia could get lost. We left in tears each time we went to visit.
We have since moved him to a new memory care and it is a night and day difference. My dad is smiling again! We feel happy to go visit him and leave without feeling like we dumped him in an awful place!!

Seems like a great place

We first toured there the first week of January. The services, resources. location and activities seem great. The Northwoods decor isn't our first choice... but the large apartments and everything else makes this a place we will likely put a deposit down on. If people are concerned about the dark atmosphere, it shows much better during the day! I really like the availability of the RN and LPN staff on duty 8-16 hours/day.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. My mom loves it there, and I love it there. The building is wonderful. They are very accommodating. They have a good variety of activities, for different activity levels. We don't really have any complaints, I would rate them very highly.

I was impressed with the facility, and I found the two bedroom apartment inviting. However, it is not the type of housing I need at this time

Patient staff, work well with us, a lot of good activities

I like the size of it. It isn't real huge, it's very comfortable, not super sterile; it is homey.

They're patient with her, and they're really willing to work with us on issues that we've had with her.

They seem to have alot of really good activities. She doesn't want to do a whole lot. They have alot of activities, and try to get her to participate, but she doesn't want to.

The location is close to my sister, and I"m in the area alot, so it's good for me.

The only thing that could really use improvement is that It took a while for us to understand everything works there. I had to ask alot of question.

Review of Rose Arbor & Wildflower Lodge Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Maple Grove, MN

We weren't thrilled with our visit. We couldn't get in the door, we were kept waiting for 20 min past our scheduled visit time, and the director was a little patronizing.

Some food concerns

They said they had the ability to meet a gluten free diet, but I haven’t seen that yet. Once they served chicken wasn’t done yet, blood still coming out of it. I believe that problem has been solved. If a person doesn’t have a land line phone – there’s no way to get a visitor buzzed in.

I really didn't care for th...

I really didn't care for this place. Most of the units we saw had large cracks in the walls and the kitchen counters, like the foundation was not stable. It also seemed very dark, not bright and cheery.

Beautiful property. Enjoyed...

Beautiful property. Enjoyed the tour. Out of my price range.

Nice space, lots of ameniti...

Nice space, lots of amenities, friendly staff.

They have done a wonderful job.

They have done a wonderful job. They are all very friendly, and very clean. They have a good variety of activities. The food is good, she enjoys the food. I like the decor of the place, and the cleanliness, and it was in a good location for us.

Dark and Dreary

It had a memory loss area and we went in there and it was so dark and dreary! I was concerned about this because I have memory loss. There was no way in God's green Earth I would live there!

A Good Place

I though that was a good place. The setting wasn't quite what we were looking for but the care seemed to be good.

Wilderness theme. Very nic...

Wilderness theme. Very nice place with good options for Catholic prayer and Mass attendance. New units. Lots of social activity. Breakfast daily included In rent. Meal options available. Don't have to move to be placed in assisted living.

Wildflower Lodge

It's been a great experience from move it date in August of this year. They are giving quality care to my Father In Law. He's always up and around when we visit and enjoys the activities and meals. Very Clean and comfortable.

Very Friendly and Helpful People

They were remodeling when we were there, putting in new carpeting in the hallways so that's something they were doing. My mother's apartment was clean and neat. I thought it was very nice and they were very helpful. I haven't ever done this before, putting someone in a place like this so it's hard to judge the value. It's expensive but the other ones that I looked at all seemed to be around the same. She's paying almost $5000 a month.

From what I have experienced - I live a long ways away from my mother - when I have a question they've gotten right back to me so I have no complaints there. It looks like they have a variety of things to do but my mother doesn't see and can't hear very well so she doesn't participate.

Too Rusitc

It was too rustic. It was actually kind of depressing with all the brown, raw wood. The facility seemed cramped - you got that feeling walking through the door. I think my mother would have been miserable there.

Love this place

I love this place. The staff is very caring toward the residents. They are very organized and they just do a good job. Overall they are just a great place that I am very pleased with and would recommend to anyone.

further out so location not ideal but...

further out so location not ideal but doable. not as active only saw a few people and the place felt big and could get lost in. space was ok in apartment. staff was not as welcoming at the first impression however tour person brenda was great. had what both my dad and mom need.

This is a lodge feel community. Decor...

This is a lodge feel community. Decorating seemed more cluttered because of the decor. Activity rooms were open and not segregated as they were at others. The apartment that was showed to us was a 2 bedroom because they didn't have a 1 bedroom. The cost is the lowest and the apartment the biggest which we like.

Good location. Spacious, not lots of ...

Good location. Spacious, not lots of windows so does not always feel spacious. 2 bdrm units are around 1,000 sq ft. Same apartments for IL and AL, so change to AL does not require move. Met Director, very friendly and helpful.

Looks perfect, but looks like it's lo...

Looks perfect, but looks like it's looks spendy. Pay Utilities, except electric. Kitchen unit and 2 bedrooms, looks nice size.

We loved it. It would be our first ch...

We loved it. It would be our first choice if given the choice.

This is the "northwoods" facility. N...

This is the "northwoods" facility. Not sure about the decor; apartments very nice; people very nice; good interaction w/residents. Price range looks fair. 3 stars because not sure if M/D would like "N-woods" setting.

Very nice facility. The longer I was ...

Very nice facility. The longer I was there the more I liked the place. Very different feel; comfortable. Apartments are good sized with lots of storage. Would be even better with two bathrooms. Friendly staff. Very clean. Lots of activities. Nice location. Remain in same apartment and add services as necessary.

Rose Arbor is surrounded by banks of majestic oaks, sugar maples and basswood trees. You'll feel as though you're off the beaten track or up north at a resort even though you're just minutes away from all the conveniences Maple Grove has to offer. Our beautifully decorated sitting areas with fireplaces, a library, a country kitchen and activities room make for an inviting community that many seniors prefer to call home. We make it easy for you to stay involved with familiar pastimes as well as explore new interests. Indulge in a new hairstyle, schedule a massage, play a game of billiards, try an exercise class or join friends on an excursion and leave the driving to our professional staff. You'll find comfort in the privacy of your own apartment along with access to inviting community living areas. Design your days as you like. It's always your choice.

Senior residents at Rose Arbor and Wildflower lodge can relax and enjoy the finer things in life. Rose Arbor and Wildflower Lodge offers independent living, assisted living, and memory care services in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Professional staff are on site to lend a helping hand to residents who may require assistance with activities of daily living.

City Info

Maple Grove, MN is a census place located in Hennepin County. It has a population of 65,687 people.

- Senior Facilities: There are 50 assisted living facilities in Maple Grove in addition to independent and memory care communities. All of these offer different levels of care, standards of residential accommodation, and amenities.

- Median Age in the City: 37.9 years old.

- Weather: In Maple Grove, the summers are warm and wet while the winters are freezing, snowy, and windy. It is partly cloudy all year round.

Transportation

The City of Maple Grove operates the Maple Grove Transit system, offering commuter express and dial-a-ride services. The city contracts with transit companies to provide these transit services.

- The Maple Grove Transit System: Commuter express service to and from downtown Minneapolis Monday through Friday.

- Dial-a-Ride: An advance reservation, shared-ride, curb-to-curb van service available to the general public.

- Metro Mobility Program: A bus service available to persons with disabilities. You must be registered with Metro Mobility before you can use the service. The registration process includes a doctor's certification of the disability.

Shopping and Entertainment

Shopping opportunities abound in Maple Grove. You will have no problem filling a day with activities at one of these locations.

- The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes: Minnesota's first lifestyle center consists of four blocks of upscale shopping and dining in an outdoor setting. Storefronts face an elaborate main street of paved sidewalks, seasonal plantings, and a park-like courtyard complete with a water fountain. The center features some of the nation's most prominent retail brands, such as Anthropologie, Forever 21, J. Crew, J. Jill, Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids, White House/Black Market, Williams-Sonoma, Punch Pizza, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Trader Joe's, and Brooks Brothers.

- Elm Creek Regional Park: Four seasons of fun can be had at Elm Creek Regional Park. The nature center has floor-to-ceiling windows to see the birds and wildlife emerge from the cold. Learn at an interactive exhibit area and sneak a peek at live Minnesota frogs, salamanders, turtles, and snakes. Swim at the man-made swimming pond that offers a sand beach and filtered, chlorinated water, or hop on your bike to enjoy almost 30 miles of trails.

- Town Green in Maple Grove: Town Green is a preserved green space in a bustling retail area that doubles as an amphitheater for outdoor performances. Located just north of the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes, the Town Green is a great place to relax and read a book by the pond located in the middle of the park. The park includes three pavilions for performance concession, restrooms, and a rentable room that provides a relaxing setting for meetings or small parties.

- Maple Grove Library: Open and inviting, the new Maple Grove Library actually looks like an open book from the outside. You'll notice the floor-to-ceiling windows from the outside, and when you walk inside, you'll be welcomed by the natural light shining through those windows, which illuminates the library.

Religious Facilities

Maple Grove is home to various places of worship. The Cathedral of St. Paul is a Classical Renaissance-style Cathedral dating back to 1915 and features a splendid interior of six chapels, imported marble columns, large statues of the four evangelists, and beautiful rose windows.