The Homestead at Anoka - Anoka, MN

How I chose The Homestead at Anoka

My mom moved to The Homestead in October of 2017 from an assisted living facility where she had entered hospice care the previous July. I almost didn't even consider this long term care facility due to a few bad reviews. However, someone said to me, "people are more likely to actually write a bad review from one isolated incident than to write a good review even though their experience may have been beyond their expectations." As it turns out, he was right! I scheduled a tour and was extremely pleased with the amenities, layout, cleanliness, friendliness of the staff and overall updated feel of the building. My mom's surroundings were very important to her. There are many over sized windows, large rooms (most of them are private), gathering areas with comfortable and stylish furniture, wide hallways, a secure building, activities everyday, and light and bright meal areas. Definitely, not your typical "nursing home." When my mom moved there she actually "perked up" due to the attentive staff and having all of her needs met in a timely manner. The staff was warm and caring. My mom passed away just 2 months after moving there but I must say, she really enjoyed living there. Even though the decision to move my mom to a long term care facility was hard, I am so happy I did and The Homestead at Anoka was the right choice. Thank you to all of the staff!

This was my second choice

I toured this community and I liked it . The staff was nice and accommodating. It was clean and tidy. They answered all of my questions. The building was new and shiny. I was on the wait list at this place and another one also and the other told me they had an opening

My Tour

For our tour, the person who usually does it was not there. We had someone else give us the tour, she was not as knowledgeable for our questions.

Our tour

This community was clean and the people we met were nice. This community, unfortunately seemed more like a hospital and not a very active community. We were looking for something a little more active.

Good care and value for a good friend

We are happy with the care from this very nice community. We find the staff to be caring and attentive to her needs. The community is clean and the menu of the variety of meals are very good. We like that they offer her good activities to enjoy. We would recommend this community for the great care and value that is offered.

This is a beautiful new facility, The rooms seemed to be the perfect size with large windows. After meeting with our guides, it was explained that my husband really needed to be in a care suite, which they don't have at this time. His needs are beyond what they can meet in assisted living. I appreciated their honesty and explanation. The chapel was especially beautiful.

Very nice accommodations and friendly staff. At this point, this would be the number one choice for my mom.

Nice Community, but Not The One for Me

This is a nice community. It had a good and bad points. My tour went well, but they did not have some things I wanted. I needed a community with laundry services, and also one that allowed pets. This is a nice community, but it wasn't the one for me.

Newer facility, lots of options for apartments. Was a little on the high side for us, but comparable to other places. Lots of common areas for walking around inside.

Comfort For Mom!!

My mother is enjoying the continental breakfast provided. They will be having a Christmas party that family can join soon. The place is kept very clean and her apartment is very lovely. She has a lot of room, she is actually on the waiting list for a smaller place, and a lot of natural lighting. She has a nice balcony too on the first floor. Our only complaint is the long waiting list to get a garage for her vehicle. Overall it's a great place and we really recommend it.

We like it!!

They offer excellent food at this community. They have a bistro, food court and a main dining room. The manager and their staff have been helpful. They offer a lot of daily activities. I would recommend this clean community.

Greatest!!

Absolutely the best place to live!

Commutation With The Staff Could Be Better

My parents are doing well at this community. They have adjusted well and I am pleased. The community is clean, and their apartment is nice. The staff are taking good care of my parents, but their communication with me could be better. My parents enjoy the meals, the food is pretty nice. They are happy and I would recommend this community.