The Wellstead of Rogers & Diamondcrest - Rogers, MN

Not very Personable

I toured Wellstead while looking for living options for my father, and while I thought the facility itself was good, I really was not impressed with the woman who gave the tour. She did know what she was talking about, and was informative, but she gave the impression that she wasn’t really involved with the residents. When I saw her interacting with them, she didn’t know people by name, and the conversations just seemed wooden. As I said before, even though the community itself was nice-looking, I wasn’t really made to feel comfortable by the staff and the people there, so I ultimately chose a different community for my father.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and would like to thank you sharing your thoughts with us. Our goal is to provide a warm and inviting residence and I am sorry you did not feel that during your recent visit. All of our team members work hard to get to know all the residents and enjoying spending time with them. We wish your father well in his new home, and invite you to come back and visit us again if the need arises.

Settling in Nicely

It's going much better here at The Wellstead of Rogers & Diamondcrest since they have moved mom into another unit where the residents are more compatible with her mind set. We really like the fact this community is all about memory care. My dad and I visit my mom often and the staff is very welcoming when we come and spend time with her. The staff is excellent, there is a good staff to resident ratio. They are still getting to know my mom and give her the best care possible. My dad has dined here with mom and he thinks the food is very good. It is served family style and there are choices for the main courses with lots of variety. They have an ice cream social every day. They have a locked patio courtyard that we can have BBQ's and hold family events. We are still settling in but we feel she is a safe environment and well cared for.

Bait and Switch!

We were promised that my grandmother could have her dog move in with her and now they say she cannot. I wish I had taped the tour but at least I had my aunt with me and she also heard everything that was promised. My grandmother is very stressed and misses her dog so much. The only reason I can't move my grandmother right away is that they do provide full medical capabilities and the stress it would put on her. The staff even agrees that the dog should be allowed to stay, he is very well behaved and would be good for all of the residents. They promised a room to my grandmother and that the dog could come and live with her. When we got there they temporarily moved her to another room and said the dog could not stay. They said he could visit her until she was moved to her regular room. Then they told me his visits could only happen if I stayed with the dog and took him with me when I went to my apartment that does not allow dogs. We were going to pay the fee for a staff member to be in charge of the dog at the community, but now they are saying that dogs are not allowed where my grandmother is residing. She misses her companion and best friend!

WARNING - do not believe the sales pitch

WARNING ** PLEASE READ ** Do not place your vulnerable loved ones in the care of this facility. They make promises that they refuse to keep. We were promised a private room in a neighborhood with higher functioning individuals. Further, we were promised a secure location for our father who has alzheimer's. Finally, we were promised constant communication and a role in the care they provided to our father. They placed our father in a neighborhood where the windows are not locked, secured, or alarmed. They did not monitor him following his placement and he was able to crawl out of the window, into the street. Following his escape, they placed him with a roommate in a neighborhood with the lowest level functioning individuals (the ones they do not show on the tour). When we repeatedly stated this was not where we wanted our father they refused to give us any options. When our father's mental and physical health began to decline, they continued to refuse him adequate care. Finally, our father was pushed over the edge and lashed out at a staff member who appeared to be inadequately trained to deal with his behaviors. They immediately sent him to the ER and recommended a psych. unit. They continue to refuse to take responsibility for our father's significant decline under their care. In less than a week, he went from one of their staff stating he did appeared more like a visitor, then a resident, to someone who can no longer form two word phrases. Do not trust this place to make decisions on the best care of your loved one. Once you sign on the dotted line, they will disregard all of your requests and wishes. Further, they are one of the most expensive placements in MN. They are many better placements for less $$.

Five Star Reviews

Elizabeth, I am the Regional Director of Operations and would like to have a conversation with you regarding your comments. At The Wellstead of Rogers & Diamondcrest resident care, safety and happiness is our top priority and it is our goal to exceed expectations for all our residents and families. I was sorry to read this was not your experience. I would like to meet with you to hear more details regarding that experience as we welcome feedback in our efforts to continually improve. Please contact me at [removed]. Kind regards -- Nancy

New Care and Enviroment

The care at this community is wonderful. We like that they keep me informed on her progress. They have nice and attentive. The menu is very good and I like knowing that she is happy with the activities that she is slowly participating with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the good care and the value for families for loved ones.

This is one we will keep on the short list. Very nice facility and lots of activities.

A good tour!

I had a good tour of The Wellstead of Rogers & Diamondcrest. The reason we did not choose it is because they have stages, they don't put all of the different levels of care in one. I wanted my father to be able to interact with other residents because he still remembers things and is active. This place was just not the best fit for him.

Good care for dad

we like that care from this community. The staff are nice and caring to his needs. The menu is outstanding and he seems to be pleased. He is offered to be activities with the other residents, but does not want participate at this time. We do hihgly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

All is Well

All is well for my husband here at this community. I'am happy with all they have done for us.

They Worked Well With Us

The community did a good job for my dad while he was there. The staff were helpful and worked well with hospice. They helped to give comfort to my dad.

Comfort for mom!

My mother is on the Independent Living side of the community and it has been a good fit for her so far. She is really enjoying all of the activities and the outings that they have available. Her apartment is very comfortable and plenty of room. The employees there all seem very friendly and helpful.

It Was Not The Best

It was terrible. I did not see a sign for the building and I drove around 3 times to find the entrances. The janitor had to let me in. It stinked and no one was there to talk to. It didn't look like a happy place. I did not go any further, I was not interested.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I'm sorry to hear you had problems finding us when you tried to visit recently. We have a large lighted sign at the entrance to our community from South Diamond Lake Road, and our reception desk is staffed from 8 am to 8 pm during the week and from 8:30 am to 5 pm on weekends. I'd like to know more about which direction you approached us so we can double check the visibility of our sign, as well as know a bit more about when you tried to visit with us. To reassure you of our care and hospitality I would be delighted to personally escort you on a tour of our community. I will also introduce you to residents and family members who can tell you about their experience at The Wellstead of Rogers and Diamondcrest.

Good Care

This is a community I would recommend. They are caring for my brother in law, and his needs well. His condition isn't doing the best, but we know he is in good hands. The staff has been good at keeping us up to date on information about him. They do a good job of keeping the facility well maintained, and clean. So far this community is working out well for my family, it is a nice place.

Beautiful place and very friendly people. Unfortunately, it is cost prohibitive to us once my mom reaches memory care.

Didn't have Everything I Wanted, But a Nice Facility

My tour of this community. The community looked nice, and well maintained. Everything I saw looked great. The staff was informative, and answered my questions. It was a very nice experience. Unfortunately this community didn't have everything I wanted, but it pretty nice community.

Elder [Removed]

Share this please please please!!!!! [Removed]

THIS PLEASE FOR MY GRANDPAS SAKE!!!-READ THIS AND SHARE AS SOON AS YOU CAN. I NEED THIS STORY TO BLOW UP STATE WIDE.

THE WELLSTEAD OF ROGERS a Senior Assisted Living Facility, corporate name Five Star Senior Living is violating rental agreements, trust of families and confusing staff.
They mailed us a letter saying they're announcing exciting upgrades... Truth is.... They plan to secretly move vulnerable adults out of their individual apartments into a space designed for end stage hospice care that has 1 shower and will house 38 men. They will be confined to a hallway without outside access and without an environment they've been used to for years. Amenities that we pay for such as ice cream parlor and activities outdoors will be gone.
The company has secretly disguised this as a remodel project letter, but really it's a transfer of clients. What's worse is they are deceiving the families to think it doesn't concern their specific neighborhoods, saying they will notify families affected via phone call. Staff has already been reassigned to their new unit starting Monday and they plan on moving these people without Power of Attorney consent and families authorizing it. The staff is against these changes as they know it's not ethical, and against the best interest of clients. It will cause damage to the residents that already suffer by creating Transfer Trauma.

We have contacted the people in charge and they refuse to answer our calls to hear our concerns. They know they are not acting in the best interest of the clients and are not giving these seniors the dignity they deserve and the lifestyle they pay for.

I am hoping that this corporation changes course and stops treating seniors like cattle. It would be great if they really stood behind their core values they boast about, putting the people's cares first.

FIVE STAR SENIOR LIVING is UNETHICAL.
THE WELLSTEAD OF ROGERS ARE [Removed] NEEDS OF FAMILIES AND PATIENTS.

Five Star Reviews

Barbara, we know renovations can be disruptive in any environment. I am the Executive Director and want to assure you we took care to thoroughly plan each step of the renovation with the direction and support of our regional team and later reviewed these plans with our Ombudsman. A key part of the plan was to keep neighborhoods together, so residents and the team members who work with them would stay together as different parts of the community were renovated. I am very happy to say that all the relocations have finished and that overall the project is going more smoothly than we could have hoped -- and we are getting very positive feedback from residents on the make-over to our community. Kind regards, Connie.

Great Staff

My tour of this community went very well. The staff gave me a wonderful tour and answered all my question. This community was a little bit out of my price range, but it is a nice facility. There are nice activities offered and good food. I would recommend for anyone to go take a tour.

We like the whole setup that they have.

We like the whole setup that they have. I think there could be a little more feedback as to how our loved one is doing. I haven't really seen issues with maintenance so far. I would like to see them do a little better with keeping the other residents from wandering into others' rooms. It would be nice if they had a maximum temperature level on the thermostat for them. The people seem to be pretty friendly. I would give them a four or a four plus.

Not sure I would call this a five star?

My father stayed here for about 2 years and has since moved out because they are unable to accommodate his current needs. I believe I was told they just do not have the staff for it. I believe this to be true from a past experience specifically. His pendent rang to me, it was unable to communicate to me which this pendent came from the VA and apparently was not working for him to hear me on the other end. I called the receptionist and asked if they could send someone up to let him know that help was on its way. While at the time he was an independent resident and staff was not able to assist, besides checking on him. Well I was told to call back in 20 minutes. Yes this is in fact true, she said there wasn't anyone available to do that. When the police arrived and they helped my Dad up from his fall, we talked a bit and he tried to locate a nurse and there was no one available after waiting at the nurses station for about 10 minutes. He called the receptionist and told them who he was and asked for assistance, they actually told him the same thing. Please call back in 20 minutes. This did not go over to well with the police officer. Leaving a message for them to call him, they never did. I spoke to the officer and he was extremely upset that they never called him back. They told me that they would check into it and get back to me. Never happened, and currently leaving messages with the Executive Director more then once to call me, that hasn't happened either. If I were to rate this I would not call it a five star except that the building is beautiful. Staff have always been very kind, but not enough employed to accommodate the needs of all the residents. Glad to say my father has moved out. The amount below for rent was without any services, add any and you can expect to pay at least $4,000 per month at the least.

Great experience!

A representative from A Place for Mom guided us to The Wellstead of Rogers, This representative was fantastic; she knew that our loved one had some unique needs. She was open and always very honest and straightforward with us. We toured the Wellstead of Rogers facility and knew it was the best choice for a "forever home" for our loved one. The staff at The Wellstead was friendly, so helpful and flexible-the entire moving experience was a joy. Our loved one is content and happy now and we know that he is in a safe, welcoming community.

I believe this is the place for my parents, now the paper work is in progress. I feel we will get the care we want for our parents, its been a journey. All of our questions and needs have been addressed.

The Staff Is Very Good

Overall, I think that the staff is very good at The Wellstead of Rogers. There is not much else to say about the place besides that. The ratings I gave for each of the categories represent my opinion of the place.

no call button

At the Wellstead of Rogers the only thing i have issue with is it is difficult for mom getting out of a chair. She does not have any help. There is no call button for her to wear. That is the only thing I would change really. Other than that everything is going well at this facility.

Friendly Staff

The people that work there that take care of the residents do a really good job. They are all very friendly. I am concerned about the excess of medication however, I think it is overdone and I do not like that.

Flexible and Well-Trained Staff

I think that the staff at The Wellstead of Rogers are very flexible and they are trained to figure out the individual care needs of the residents there. I think that they have been really good about doing that.

above and beyond.

The activities are great at Wellstead of Rogers. The staff is so attentive. They get the residents involved. Getting mom integrated here so was so seamless. The staff has reached out to us asking what they could do better. They are so warm and caring. From the business office down everyone has been so helpful. They have gone above and beyond. My parents are glad to be here. Cant ask for more.

they are great

So far the experience with The Wellstead of Rogers has been great. Overall it has been a great experience. I know that my father likes living there. He told me that he thought he would never be living in a place that nice. He has only been there for a couple of months, so far we are very satisfied with things overall.

I am really liking it here.

It's wonderful, the people are very nice and very accommodating. The food is great, and the activities are great. They just had a volunteer come and do my nails, and we play bingo at night. I am really liking it here.

The Staff is Very Good

The Wellstead of Rogers is a nice community. They are willing to work with you. I think overall the staff is very good. This is a very clean and well kept facility. I would recommend this community if your in the Rogers, MN area.

Overall good. Seems understaffed on weekends and evenings. Also maintenance takes weeks, like burnt out lights or bathroom maintenance.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Wellstead & Diamondcrest Senior Living. I apologize for the experience you and/or your loved one had at our community. We work hard to provide clinical excellence in an environment with all of the warmth and hospitality of home. We scrutinize ourselves daily as part of our efforts to achieve the high standards and personal touch that our residents expect and deserve. My door is always open so please feel free to contact me. The health, happiness and satisfaction of all of our residents and families, past and present, are very important to me and to our team. Warm Regards, Susan Snyder, Executive Director.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. We have been very pleased with it. We have been pleasantly surprised. They have thought of so many extras to make it special. The food has been exceptional here, and very nicely served and very good deserts. It's a beautiful, elegant place. They do a good job keeping up with the building. There is a lot of sunlight, and it's just a happy place to be.

Wonderful facilty and staff

My dad spent only a month there before he passed away, but I could not have been more pleased with the facility and staff. Prior to my dad moving in at The Wellstead of Rogers, he had been in 3 hospitals and 2 nursing homes, one of those nursing homes was just awful. The staff at Wellstead treated my dad like family, I could not have asked for better care for him. The staff is so engaging and caring even when my dad was not cooperative. Very greatful that I was able to get him into this wonderful facilty before he passed away.

Wow what a facility! Very clean and lots of room for Mom to roam. Tons of activities throughout the week and trip to the casino once a month. mom's favorite. Ability to accommodate the changing needs of Mom with all the different levels of memory care.

wonderful place, understaffed

The activities that they plan are wonderful. They get people even with behavioral problems up and dancing. The food is good, and they really provide a home-like atmosphere that is very warm, welcoming, and comforting.

I do feel that as time has gone on that there has been a high turn-over in staff, and I think that they are understaffed. This leads to them not getting care services done as well as needed, and I end up having to pick up the slack, and has me a little concerned. I think I am getting somewhere, but I have gotten a little resistance when I have brought this up and pressed them to provide better care and attention to my parents.

Still new but great

I moved my parents to the Wellstead memory care a few weeks ago. They were not doing well in their previous placement. The staff was very welcoming and has been very caring. Some accommodations have been made for my father's picky eating, and both my parents and their rooms are kept very clean. The activities are wonderful and there are music programs almost every day. Family members are always welcomed and my experience thus far is that both the nursing staff and the aides truly listen to what family members have to say and incorporate requests into care. Both parents are now smiling and laughing and I feel that I am able to go home and sleep knowing that they are consistently well cared for, for the first time in a long while.

Great cheery community, but no cable!

Overall, we have been very happy with this community! There are many places for residents to gather and socialize, like sitting rooms and outdoor areas. There is a great cheery atmosphere, with birds and fish. There seems to be a lot of activities, and the food seems good overall. The only negative is that there are only basic TV channels, and there is no way of getting cable with additional channels. Otherwise, it is a great community.

They are very good. I am very pleased with the establishment.

They are very good. I am very pleased with the establishment. They keep it very clean, and the staff is friendly. They respond quickly if there is ever a concern or a request. They have plenty of activities, and the food seems to be good. We chose them based on their reputation.

Very caring staff

We've been very pleased with our experience with The Wellstead of Rogers. Even during the search process they were very responsive and great with follow-up. I appreciated that they really did the research to see if they could handle my loved one's specific care needs. The staff are fabulous, they're all very caring and professional, and they keep the place looking well kept and clean.

Liked the fact that they pa...

Liked the fact that they paid all the utilities. Less cost than Rose Arbor (and they didn't pay all the utillites. Keca was very helpful in giving me ideas for financing

We have been very impressed, love the...

We have been very impressed, love the ice cream shop and the activities going until 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening. Also like the fact that an LPN is on duty at all times. I can now feel comfortable knowing that my mother is ok if I don't get to visit her every evening.

Very nice. Ellen liked it ...

Very nice. Ellen liked it and felt it was very clean and very nice.

Be cautious, Gorgeous facility but just be cautious!

It is a gorgeous facility but please be cautious if you put a loved one in this facility. What they say they do vs what they do is often not accurate. I have witnessed many horrible things happen at this facility. Many of the staff have good hearts but continuous short staffing put many at risk. If you choose this beautiful campus I hope you are able to stay very active in your loved ones life and watch closely for problems.

Dear Sir or Madam,
I’m very sorry about your negative experience. While I have no record of the concern you have raised, I would gladly discuss it with you directly.

I do agree with you when you say our staff here at The Wellstead of Rogers and Diamondcrest Senior Living "have good hearts”. We pride ourselves in hiring only those with a genuine passion and dedication to improving the lives of the seniors we serve.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss the issues you had and thank you for your feedback.

Susan Snyder
Executive Director
The Wellstead of Rogers and Diamondcrest Senior Living

Good So Far

My mother-in-law is still relatively new there so the assessment of her care is an ongoing thing but the care is good so far. There's plenty of activities. Just from looking at the bulletin you can tell that there is pretty much something to do everyday.

I like it because it's relatively new. It has a modern look and feel to it. There's a lot of things there for families to do. They've got all these different rooms that residents and families can use for birthday parties and weddings and things. There is even a kids' room with toys.

I think their initial assessment could be improved. It relies too much on the resident's interview rather than interviewing previous care center personnel.

They Seemed Like A Good Option

It was actually a pretty good choice but they were expensive for the same care that we could get at another place. At the time we were trying to move my wife they were having some sort of management change or something, I think. Otherwise they would have been a good option for us.

Consider patients with behavioral issues

They're willing to give difficult folks with behavioral issues a chance. They have that secure assisted living or enhanced memory care and those are the folks that we see here, behavioral disturbance folks and they're oftentimes difficult to palce. The Wellstead has been willing to consider folks who have those kidns of difficulties, typically aggression which we see here.

Poor Communication

This is the first facility that I've placed my mother in. They get a zero on communication. I understand that they're going through some management changes but when you place your mother in a facility and you email and call and you don't get a response, that's devastating. You can't run over there everynight to see how your loved one is doing. She's been moved 3 times since she's been there. She's a very high functioning alzheimer's patient and now she's in a house of very low funcitoning people. She's the only one who's ambulatory. I don't think she's in the appropriate house. I've seen good care but I don't think there is enough activity for her. It's very cheery and bright - open and spread out with more space to walk around.

Wonderful staff, really nice place

We were a little upset about how many times he feel, we thought especially since the first night he was there he fell out of bed and broke his hip, we thought someone should be watching him because he didn't know where he was; so that was kind of unnerving.
They were wonderful people, we were just really impressed with the way they interacted with the people. There were little things that could have been better with connecting up with local people, but we understood privacy issues, it was okay, just glad it's over. We did like Wellstead, it was very nice, I would say 99.99 positive because of the people. It's a beautiful place, it's gorgeous, and he liked it there

Good Fit

It's been a really great place. I think the activites are just fine. I don't have a lot of direct information about them. We were kind of in a crisis when we brought my brother there and it was Friday afternoon and everyone was getting ready to go home and the director stayed and helped us get set up. From the director on down everyone's been great. I think my brother likes it just fine. Like everyone else in that predicament, he wishes he could be at home but he's doing better here than any other place he's been. It's a good fit.

Very Nice, Too Big for My Mom

It's very nice and very impressive but it was too big for my mother who has some mobility issues and some memory issues. I was concerned that is was just too big for her but it was very nice.

Nice place, awesome layout,...

Nice place, awesome layout, a bit $$$

I think it is the best program I have...

I think it is the best program I have seen.

loved this home - director and the st...

loved this home - director and the staff were great - so friendly and the apartment were very spacious and nice. It would be a great place for her.

We toured with the Director. Beautif...

We toured with the Director. Beautiful facility w/many ammenities and activities. Price of rent is fair, but many extra charges makes it pretty pricey. 3 meals a day included in rent--wish they had a 1 meal/day plan. We didn't see many people today so don't know about interaction among residents. 3 stars because of cost.

DIAMONDCREST at the Wellstead of Rogers is a beautiful four story private pay assisted living facility with an impressive stone exterior. The “center” core of this state-of-the-art facility provides special resident amenities to include a dining room, Captain’s lounge and bar, movie theater, billiards and card room, and a chapel.

Our one and two bedroom apartments vary in size from 743 square feet to 1149 square feet. Each apartment has a full size kitchen that includes refrigerator, stove and microwave. DIAOMONDCREST truly offers the best value per square footage compared to other local reputable facilities.

The assisted living facility is staffed 24/7 by only experience licensed nursing personnel to include LPNs and certified nursing assistants. A RN is on duty at this campus every day of the week to include Saturdays and Sundays. The facility is equipped with a sophisticated “nurse call” system that provides excellent detection and related medical services. The licensed nursing personnel can be of additional medical assistance in a variety of ways, from simple medication reminders to medical services of significantly greater magnitude.

DIAMONDCREST is an elegant assisted living community at very affordable pricing – you will be pleasantly surprised! DIAMONDCREST is located just five minutes north of Maple Grove in the heart of Rogers, Minnesota. Call to schedule a tour! Tours welcome on weekends with advance notification!