Granite Gate Senior Living - Prescott, AZ

Beautiful facility and location. Staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions on making a big move to assist living care.

It's been fine. Everything is working out pretty well.

It's been fine. Everything is working out pretty well. We haven't had any major complaints so far. They do pretty well with communication and letting us know if anything comes up.

The Best Place for Mom/Dad

Granite Gate is located in a special part of Prescott and it shows! The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. My experience upon entering the facility was special from the very beginning. My husband and I were met by Barbara [removed] and from the get go, we were taken in by the experience of Barbara and what she brings to Granite Gate. The Memory Care unit is sunny and very inviting and I knew this was a place my Mother would be very happy in. We were given a tour of the available apartments and also the community room, all of these were spotless and very well maintained. My experience with Granite Gate led me to put a deposit down and the start of a place for my mother that I know will nurture her and make her quite comfortable and happy.

Great food

The facility is great. It is roomy with quite a few amenities. It is very clean and spacious. The staff is always very nice and polite. They are always helpful too. The food here is great and the people are too.

Great atmosphere

This is a beautiful place with a great staff. There are plenty of amenities here. The residents seem to have fun doing the activities and are very involved with the staff and each other. There is a great atmosphere here.

Beautiful apartments

The apartments here are spacious, beautifully decorated, and well maintained. The staff is very cordial and professional. The residents here seem well balanced and happy. The food is great and you can order what you like.

A good place

Felt very welcome, but could have used more help with moving in. All in all, I am very happy here and as I get more used to things,will feel more at home.

Beautiful Facility

The area it is placed in is beautiful. My mother cried when she first saw it. She said she did not know what she had done to deserve such a place. The food is good. You can order off the menu or they will make it if it is not on the menu.

we love granite gate!

Sales personnel were great. Nursing staff is attentive, food is good, apartments are really nice, residents seem happy. Well kept and clean. Smells good too! Lots to do, beautiful surroundings are a plus. Our folks are settling in and doing well!

Nice place, but Bridge to Discover could improve a bit.

They seem to be good. The regular assisted living is good, and very nice. They have moved her to the bridge to rediscovery area. The food is good here, but I am afraid the care is less than what we need. I have seen it take over an hour for a response to assistance. I think treatments have been missed and caused medical incidents. I am also concerned about over medication. It may be that we need more care than they can provide here. They do okay, but I think there is room for improvement and more training.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I very much appreciate your compliments and kind words regarding our Assisted Living. We know that the move to memory care can be difficult and we always strive for a seamless transition from Assisted Living to Memory Care. I am very sorry that you have not had the experience that you were anticipating. We have a pendant system in place that enables us to track call time response so I would ask that we can review this together. Also, I would like a better understanding of your other concerns so that we can check your loved one’s chart. My door is always open and would be more than happy to meet with you to discuss and address all your concerns. Marcia Turner, Executive Director.

amazing!

The people there at Granite Gate Senior Living are amazing. They are all very kind. It is very beautiful here. I tell everyone that I meet how wonderful it is. I am very happy. They really go out of their way to help out in any way they can! I can not think of anything at all they could possibly do better!

So far it has been good

So far it has been good. It took a while for my mother to transition. This is a very nice community. I rated all of the categories 5 except for the activities because If its a dementia patient they are not allowed outside without supervision. That was important for my mother because she likes being outside in the sunshine. Other than that this is a good community. It is very clean and the staff is so friendly.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I very much appreciate your kind words about our community and our team members. We know that being outdoors is important for our Memory Care residents and we certainly want to make those opportunities available. The reason that we accompany our Memory Care residents is for their safety and security since that neighborhood in our community is secure. I will review the calendar with our Bridge to Rediscovery/Memory Care Director so we can schedule more activities for our residents to have outside. We welcome your suggestions and the opportunity to meet with you so we can plan for experiences that your Mother will really enjoy. My door is always open so come by and see me! Marcia Turner, Executive Director.

Friendly, communicative staff

They've done an excellent job, we're very pleased with how things have gone at Granite Gate! Everyone was very supportive and accommodating throughout the whole move-in process. They're also very responsive when it comes to communication, which I appreciate since I live out-of-state.

Rooms were oddly shaped.

This is one of the places we looked at when we were touring. They were not built as a retirement facility. They were built as a resort, and the room layouts were a little strange, they were narrow is some places and wide in others.

Grab it Gate senior living facility i...

Grab it Gate senior living facility is incredible! I was very pleased with the people, cleanliness of the facility, just everything. They even sent a personalized card to my sister and I in the passing of our loved one.

Beautiful facility with all...

Beautiful facility with all the amenities; did not have studios available at this time. Multiple levels of floors a little bit of a concern. Would recommend to anyone. Great staff taking personal concern for the residents. A+

Do not use

Don’t use them. Don’t get caught up in the sales pitch – the product doesn’t live up to the pitch. It wasn’t even close to what I wanted for my loved one. We were only there for a short stay before we moved.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director at Granite Gate and I would like to ask you for the opportunity to learn more about your concerns. The whole team at our community is dedicated to creating a superb lifestyle for all of those who place their trust in us. We do invite all of our seniors and their families to dine with us, participate in our events and to chat with our residents and families prior to making their move-in decision. We want to be sure that Granite Gate is the right choice for all that choose us. So, it is very important to me to talk to you directly and I encourage you to reach out to me. Thank you for your consideration.

Marcia Turner
Executive Director
Granite Gate Senior Living

Good respite care service

We used this place briefly for some respite care for a loved one. It worked out very well and I intend to use them again in the future. It is a nice looking facility, the staff are friendly and professional, and they kept my loved one comfortable and safe.

I can't think of anything that could be improved at this point.

They have a point system here, so I feel like this is a good value. The maintenance people will hang all the pictures for you, at no charge. They took care of adjusting the bed for us, and would have brought extension cords, had we known to ask. They provide a lot of little extras in my opinion. They have crafts, exercise classes, and bingo. I can't think of anything that could be improved at this point. We didn't know little things going in like we had to supply, toilet paper, and things like that, there is always a learning curve. They were very welcoming. Their food is wonderful, they have a menu like a restaraunt and they have two specials for lunch and dinner. They have a salad bar. They have a dietician that has a lot of sugar free options, diabetics and those that have to limit sugar have options here.

Better For Independent Living

I think the facility has a lot of good points about it and is probably good for a lot of people. My dad's memory and his Alzheimer's were worse than we thought so it turned out to not be a good fit for him. They assured me that they were going to have someone shadowing him for the first two weeks and they didn't, he was left alone a lot. Then they wanted to put him in the memory care which is so much more money. They refunded our deposit so in all reality, they did fine. It just was not a good fit. They have beautiful grounds. It's really very pretty but I think it's more for total independent living.

The staff at Granite Gate have been b...

The staff at Granite Gate have been both sensitive and pro-active to the needs of my mother. I had a most recent experience where my mother was confused and calling me on the telephone. She was both upset and embarrassed trying to find an insurance card for a flu vaccination. I called the front desk and the activities director, Anne-Marie, asked for my mother's room number and not only went directly to my mother but; according to my mom let her be first in line due to her multiple trips to get the vaccine. The evening caregiver, Jeff, has made an outstanding effort to try and surprise my mother with different juices to get her evening medications down. He has taken the extra time to monitor my mother's ankles due to swelling and noting the findings in her file.

Ideal environment

i contacted numerous assisted living communities in Prescott for my mom in Oct. The Granite Gate staff was most responsive and helpful. While my dad isn't ready to make the decision yet, the staff contacts me on a regular basis to ask how they are doing. One of staff members (Sharon) lives in the same neighborhood as my mom and dad and she has even stopped by their house to bring them dinner! The resident nurse, Mary Ellen has evaluated my mom to determine the level of care that she would need so we can be best prepared when we move her. We have looked at several of the assisted living apt models and learned a lot about the activities and services. We have stopped by on five occassions and the place is positively clean and beautiful every time. The residents seem happy and active and the staff is welcoming and friendly. I can't imagine a better environment for my mom.

Located in the breathtaking Granite Dells, Granite Gate is Prescott's finest senior living community. We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services.

Granite Gate welcomes you to discover what our active approach to senior living can bring to your life. Our dedicated and professional staff, diverse activity schedules, comfortable apartments, and picturesque location are just a few of the outstanding features that you will enjoy.

Granite Gate Senior Living Community offers Assisted Living services tailored to meet the individual needs of our residents. Our philosophy of care is based upon resident choice, dignity, privacy, individuality, and independence. We take a personalized approach, expanding our services when needed, to meet the requirements of each resident right in their own apartment.

Granite Gate Senior Living Community has also developed an individualized Memory Care program with the special needs of our Residents in mind. Our holistic approach is designed to recognize each Resident's interest and habits, while addressing any medical, physical and social challenges. Through special training, our staff members learn to detect changes in Resident needs and modify their care accordingly. Our health care services are provided to fit each Resident's individual needs, allowing our Residents to maintain a higher level of personal wellbeing.